PDA

View Full Version : Wagner inks 5 late signees for Western Carolina!!!

catamount man
March 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.catamountsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031809aae.html

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
March 21st, 2009, 08:49 AM
8 days until Spring practice begins. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SideLine Shooter
March 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM
I think Coach Wagner is on the right track. They sure were a more disciplined team last year.

Wildcat80
March 21st, 2009, 09:25 AM
He is really being aggressive as a recruiter. The SoCon is getting more competitive every day.

PaladinFan
March 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
He is really being aggressive as a recruiter. The SoCon is getting more competitive every day.

You aren't kidding. It wasn't long ago this league was a three horse race. SoCon schedule is getting to be brutal. No easy games anymore.

One nice thing that Western is doing is perhaps taking a step forward in rekindling their rivalry with App State (which has been, to but it gently, one sided).

catamount man
March 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
He came in on day one and laid the law down by sending 12 of Brigg's players packing, FIRST DAY!!!

Any kid that has basically had a piss poor attitude has been sent packing, any kid who has showed out off campus has been severely reprimanded or, in one case, had their scholly yanked from them. This man and his staff are NOT playing with these kids and for FAR TOO LONG in Cullowhee, the previous staffs did not address discipline as needed.

Well, it's here and I cannot wait for 2009. 2008 should've been 6-6 instead of 3-9, but, it's always something to build on.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

phillyAPP
March 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
I think Coach Wagner is on the right track. They sure were a more disciplined team last year.

You are right shooter. Did you guys notice ROCK Williams dad played for Furman 1980 1983 !!!!

Reign of Terrier
March 22nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
He came in on day one and laid the law down by sending 12 of Brigg's players packing, FIRST DAY!!!

Any kid that has basically had a piss poor attitude has been sent packing, any kid who has showed out off campus has been severely reprimanded or, in one case, had their scholly yanked from them. This man and his staff are NOT playing with these kids and for FAR TOO LONG in Cullowhee, the previous staffs did not address discipline as needed.

Well, it's here and I cannot wait for 2009. 2008 should've been 6-6 instead of 3-9, but, it's always something to build on.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

the irony about him is that he sounds so tough you would think his voice would be like a drill Sergent with a southern accent but instead his voice is all soft and calm (At least in the interviews)

catamount man
March 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
YT,

I am friends with the sideline reporter from the Catamount Sports Network and he has told me that after each loss last year, he always approached coach with caution. xlolx Nah, Wagner was always gracious on the radio but my buddy told me that the words he would use to the team could not be repeated over the airwaves. :D

Nice to see a coach with passion unlike Briggs who would always state, even in the 2-9, 1-10 years, "I feel we're close", "Gotta be ready to compete", blah, blah, blah........

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
March 22nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
YT,

I am friends with the sideline reporter from the Catamount Sports Network and he has told me that after each loss last year, he always approached coach with caution. xlolx Nah, Wagner was always gracious on the radio but my buddy told me that the words he would use to the team could not be repeated over the airwaves. :D

Nice to see a coach with passion unlike Briggs who would always state, even in the 2-9, 1-10 years, "I feel we're close", "Gotta be ready to compete", blah, blah, blah........

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

He's got a long way to go to reach Bobby Lamb level in the "coach has a pulse" category. xrolleyesx

Appinator
March 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Your new OL/DL recruit, Vince Williams, is from the same town as Banks in the Mighty Ducks.

I bet he is a cake eater too.

WCU LawCat
March 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
I wonder if we still have a scholly or two left for possible transfers.

catamount man
March 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
I wonder if we still have a scholly or two left for possible transfers.

Saw Wagner at the baseball game yesterday and was told we have already OFFERED 35 kids for 2010. Plus, some kid was there, built like a brick house and went up and introduced himself to Wagner. Was not privy to the conversation. Kid was HUGE!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU LawCat
March 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Saw Wagner at the baseball game yesterday and was told we have already OFFERED 35 kids for 2010. Plus, some kid was there, built like a brick house and went up and introduced himself to Wagner. Was not privy to the conversation. Kid was HUGE!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Great news but with Wagner I'm not surpised. A lot of walk on players have to introduce themselves. Some kids just didn't have good coaches or play on tallented teams in high school.

catamount man
March 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Lawcat,

got some good news. you just "might" want to call me. xthumbsupx