PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

GrizSweeper
November 26th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Well, our seasons over and I couldn't help but start to look ahead to next year. I believe we have something like only 12 seniors on the team so hopefully we can rebound from this "down" year. We have Hilliard returning in the backfield but what makes or breaks us will be if our sophomore qb will step it up or not. I'm picking the Griz to win the BSC next year and make it to at least the second round of the playoffs.

My question is, how are other teams shaping up for next year and who do you think some of the top teams will be

-I've got New Hampshire b/c I believe they have both Santos and Ball back for one more year, they'll be tough to stop once again

-I also think Cal Poly will be looking good next year. There quarterback, running back, and top receiver are all frosh. They should be good for years to come

your take?

JMU Duke Dog
November 26th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Well, our seasons over and I couldn't help but start to look ahead to next year. I believe we have something like only 12 seniors on the team so hopefully we can rebound from this "down" year. We have Hilliard returning in the backfield but what makes or breaks us will be if our sophomore qb will step it up or not. I'm picking the Griz to win the BSC next year and make it to at least the second round of the playoffs.

My question is, how are other teams shaping up for next year and who do you think some of the top teams will be

-I've got New Hampshire b/c I believe they have both Santos and Ball back for one more year, they'll be tough to stop once again

-I also think Cal Poly will be looking good next year. There quarterback, running back, and top receiver are all frosh. They should be good for years to come

your take?

Yes I am anxiously awaiting next year's JMU at UNH game as the Dukes and Wildcats did not meet in the 2004 and 2005 seasons. If UNH wins it all it will be a battle between the previous two national champions. I wish JMU got UNH at home but the Dukes will just have to prepare for a battle up north in the cold.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Delaware WILL be a playoff team next year. Maybe another year away from championship caliber, but a playoff team. I would have a hard time believing that there was a younger team than UD this year. I feel we will have an upgrade at the QB position next year and all those young guys will be a year stronger and more experienced. The Hens will win the close games we lost this year and be a team to recon with in the playoffs.

GrizSweeper
November 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Delaware WILL be a playoff team next year. Maybe another year away from championship caliber, but a playoff team. I would have a hard time believing that there was a younger team than UD this year. I feel we will have an upgrade at the QB position next year and all those young guys will be a year stronger and more experienced. The Hens will win the close games we lost this year and be a team to recon with in the playoffs.
I think you guys should be tough as well. I got to see a game of yours this year on CSTV and you definitely have potential. I believe your running back is only a soph and he looked like he could carry a team on his own. Best of luck.

JMU Duke Dog
November 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM
JMU will at least have a winning season and could go all the way in 2006. It just depends on the players' attitudes in each individual game. Games where the team came out emotionally flat resulted in close losses in 2005 (at Coastal Carolina, at Massachusetts, at Delaware, vs. Richmond). JMU returns almost everyone once again including QB Justin Rascati, RB Alvin Banks, RB Maurice Fenner, and FS Tony LeZotte (2005 A10 Defensive POY) to just name a few. The significant losses will be OG Matt Magerko, OT Harry Dunn, and CB Clint Kent. JMU will also start to use freshman most of which redshirted in 2005 from its most heralded recruiting class. The 2006 schedule also appears to be fairly easy so far with the exception of the visit up north to UNH. JMU will play both UD and W&M in Harrisonburg. JMU's visit to vastly improving Richmond will be crucial to making the playoffs next year. The main thing is for JMU to hate the bitter taste of missing the playoffs due to losing close games due to lacking emotional intensity at the start of some games. This can be used for fuel to make it back to the playoffs and maybe even a second national championship in three seasons.

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Looks like everyone is a playoff team next year ;) .

ThreadStopper
November 26th, 2005, 07:42 PM

Hey, everone is 0-0!

catamount man
November 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM

We are ALL preseason national champions! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! :beerchug:

Aggie71
November 26th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Not us...We just wish we were in Poly's shoes ( 'shoes...get it?). Two more years and we can try to play with the big boys. It will take us that long to get the frogs out of the excavation for the new stadium.

Signed, Jealous Ag.

Go POLY