PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb/ Medical Redshirt Status on All American Mario Brown?

OLDLCOACH111
March 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Gardner-Webb football fans.....

what is the status on the all American linebacker Mario brown, I know he hurt his knee in the first game last season, and applied for a medical red shirt.... Shouldn't the process already be finished? Everything I have read is saying he is a candidate for a medical red-shirt, which means he hasn't received it yet by the NCAA.... Does anyone close to the team know what the deal is?

EagleDawg
March 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
OldCoach111 - Haven't seen anything official but other's have posted that the coaches knew back in January that Mario did get the medical redshirt year. We'll be at the intrasquad scrimmage this Saturday. If I get the chance, I will ask Coach Patton about Mario and post what I learn.

Go Runnin Bulldogsxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

g-webb1994
March 17th, 2009, 05:50 PM
We get him back, that really gives the whole squad a boost. Then even I can drink some Bulldog-flavored kool-aid.;)

Libertine
March 17th, 2009, 08:40 PM
We get him back, that really gives the whole squad a boost. Then even I can drink some Bulldog-flavored kool-aid.;)

Bulldog-flavored? Blech!!

tjd44
March 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
i think another tough ilb is that kid from sbu santucci

GridFan
March 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM
If Mario is back, and I'm told he will be, G-W will have one of the best groups of linebackers in FCS with Brown (2 time All-American), Jeff Williams (2008 All-American), Dami Tenola (returning starter) and Marty Patterson (All-Big South). A very athletic, physical group for sure.

britt
March 18th, 2009, 10:23 AM
What about the kid that broke his leg during the spring game last year,?I know he was medically redshirted as well. He appeared to be a promising DB at Strong Safety, does anyone know if he will return to the field this year?

elcid83
March 18th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Everything I've seen leads me to believe that Mario will be back next year!

SoCon48
March 19th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Bulldog-flavored? Blech!!

Smells like deer urine.xnonox