PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

Eagles_Cliff
November 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I apoligize to the NCAA Football Nation who has come to expect Ga Southern to "be there" every year. Our young team fought hard and lacked only the coaching leadership to get them over the top.

Great game for Texas State and their impressive quarterback.

For those of you who don't know, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory has become the new tradition at Ga Southern in the Mike Sewak Era. Losing is OK when your team can't match up. Blowing a game is unforgivable and Sewak has done it 3 times this year

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
GSU deserves better than what they have on the sidelines right now.

Good thing, is you guys have a shot at it almost every year.

JohnStOnge
November 26th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I'll agree that he made some decisions that were kind of questionable.

I think Texas State's coach made some questionable decisions too, though. I think Georgia Southern showed early on that they could stuff Texas State's inside running game on short yardage. If I'm Texas State's coach and GSU's shown what they'd shown in the defensive middle, I'm doing play action and rolling Nealy out with a run/pass option on critical short yardage plays.

When you've got a player like that why not put the ball in his hands on critical plays like that?

lugo02
November 26th, 2005, 06:16 PM
...For those of you who don't know, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory has become the new tradition at Ga Southern (Lehigh) in the Mike Sewak Era.(pete Lembo) Losing is OK when your team can't match up. Blowing a game is unforgivable and Sewak (Lembo) has done it 3 times this year

Welcome to the Lehigh club

grizband
November 26th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Eagles,
I think that the Griz are in the same boat as the Eagles this year. Our team has alot of talent, yet seem to be held back my the mediocre play calling by the O.C. and head coach. Running the same plays ad naseum does not make a good team, and it lets the other team predict what will be run. Here is to the Eagles and Griz on top once again next season.

GrizSweeper
November 26th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Eagles,
I think that the Griz are in the same boat as the Eagles this year. Our team has alot of talent, yet seem to be held back my the mediocre play calling by the O.C. and head coach. Running the same plays ad naseum does not make a good team, and it lets the other team predict what will be run. Here is to the Eagles and Griz on top once again next season.
grizband, I may have some good news for us. Word is that Hauck got a job offer from San Diego State that he is likely to take, hopefully he'll take the O.C. with him. We definitely have the talent coming back for next year. We just need someone that will make the most of it.

SU Jag
November 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Man them boys from Texas State balled out, I was at Reliant and the last thing that I heard was the Georgia Southern was leading going into the 4th. I was so shocked when I found out that not onlt did Texas State come back, they scored 50 :cool: . From what I saw on the highlights their quarterback is the real deal.

grizband
November 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM
grizband, I may have some good news for us. Word is that Hauck got a job offer from San Diego State that he is likely to take, hopefully he'll take the O.C. with him. We definitely have the talent coming back for next year. We just need someone that will make the most of it.
That is good news if it comes true. I like Bobby okay, but Phenicie has got to go.

mlbowl
November 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM
From what I saw on the highlights their quarterback is the real deal.

That's a fact!