PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Spring CAA Football On Twitter

CSN Log
March 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM
03-17-2009 12:03 PM

2009 Spring CAA Football On Twitter

2009 Spring Football is upon us as three CAA Football squads have already kicked off spring drills, and three more will begin workouts this week. The remaining six programs are slated to begin spring seasons later into the months of March and early April. Fans and members of the media can now follow CAA Football on Twitter: twitter.com/The_CAAFootball.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/03/17/2009-spring-caa-football-on-twitter?blog=2#more4418)

Scumdog0331
March 31st, 2009, 12:42 PM
Here it is...

http://twitter.com/The_CAAFootball?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500

Sorry if someone already put it up...

xthumbsupx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 31st, 2009, 12:58 PM
Is that a Dartmouth helmet for your avatar? xeekx xeekx xeekx

If so, you a part of a very select group of AGS'ers! xnodx I think there is Green26 who appears to be significantly more interested in Montana Griz football these days than the Big Green. And I can't think of another Dartmouth poster. Welcome aboard!

Scumdog0331
March 31st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks...now I feel knida bad about begging the department to put the Granite Bowl on Hiatus for a few years while we figure out what the hell we're doing in Hanover...

I-AA Fan
April 1st, 2009, 12:58 PM
From the page:

* Name CAA Football
* Bio CAA Football is the best FCS Conference in the country having won three of the last six National Championships!!

Kind of childish ...don't you think? Any professional site requires just a bit more decorum.

GannonFan
April 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
From the page:

* Name CAA Football
* Bio CAA Football is the best FCS Conference in the country having won three of the last six National Championships!!

Kind of childish ...don't you think? Any professional site requires just a bit more decorum.

It's Twitter, so by its very nature it's a little less decorum than other communications, and what's wrong about the conference trumpeting its own horn on its own web site that is supposed to promote the conference? xthumbsupx

I-AA Fan
April 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
It's Twitter, so by its very nature it's a little less decorum than other communications, and what's wrong about the conference trumpeting its own horn on its own web site that is supposed to promote the conference? xthumbsupx

Nothing at all. I guess it depends on whether or not you prefer the horn from a grade school band or the Cleveland Orchestra. ;)

Hoyadestroya85
April 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
they could at least make a blog and supplement it with twitter.. thats the way to roll

Tribe4SF
April 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Nothing at all. I guess it depends on whether or not you prefer the horn from a grade school band or the Cleveland Orchestra. ;)

Cleveland has an orchestra?!?!xeekx

I-AA Fan
April 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Cleveland has an orchestra?!?!xeekx

This is the problem with schools today ...no fine arts. Yet W&M tries to consider themselves an "east coast" school. ;) Just because we have a passion for a contact sport, does not mean we cannot appreciate 'real' music.

All kidding aside. Here is a list of the world's top-10 Orchestra's:

1. Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam
2. Berlin Philharmonic
3. Vienna Philharmonic
4. London Symphony Orchestra
5. Chicago Symphony Orchestra
6. Bavarian Radio Symphony
7. Cleveland Orchestra
8. Los Angeles Philharmonic
9. Budapest Festival Orchestra
10. Dresden Staatskapelle

Although personally, I feel that Chicago and Amsterdam must have paid someone off. Cleveland or LA are the best in the US, and Berlin is the best in the world ...by far. I prefer LA over Cleveland, as it is a Philharmonic and I love the Prussian composers. Although I try to be a regular at Severance Hall and Blossom in Cleveland.

GannonFan
April 2nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
This is the problem with schools today ...no fine arts. Yet W&M tries to consider themselves an "east coast" school. ;) Just because we have a passion for a contact sport, does not mean we cannot appreciate 'real' music.

2. Berlin Philharmonic
3. Vienna Philharmonic
7. Cleveland Orchestra

Although personally, I feel that Chicago and Amsterdam must have paid someone off. Cleveland or LA are the best in the US, and Berlin is the best in the world ...by far. I prefer LA over Cleveland, as it is a Philharmonic and I love the Prussian composers. Although I try to be a regular at Severance Hall and Blossom in Cleveland.

Come on, that's Gramophone's ranking of orchestras. Seeing how they aren't playing the same repetoire, this ranking makes the BCS look like science. xnonox

jmufan999
April 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
From the page:

* Name CAA Football

yes, 3 of the last six NC's is impressive... what's even more impressive is it's three SEPARATE teams, not just one team winning it a bunch.

what's even MORE impressive.... FOUR separate teams have won the national title since 1998 (UMass, Delaware, JMU, Richmond). when people say "the CAA is not the best conference", i never hear them say "the CAA is not the best conference, _______ is.... and here's why.... ________".

yes, of course i'm biased as a JMU fan.

Tribe4SF
April 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM

2. Berlin Philharmonic
3. Vienna Philharmonic
7. Cleveland Orchestra

xeekxxbowxxeekxxbowxxeekxxbowx

Last time I tweek you!xpeacex