PDA

View Full Version : CCU to 10 games??

kirkblitz
March 14th, 2009, 01:40 AM
CONWAY -- Coastal Carolina announced its 2009 football schedule on Friday, but don't make travel plans just yet.

The schedule includes two games against FBS opponents - Kent State (Thursday, Sept. 3) and Clemson (Saturday, Oct. 31) - and three against non-conference opponents the Chanticleers thumped last season. However, it may not be finalized.

A study of opponents' schedules by The Sun News revealed a previously undetected conflict. N.C. A&T will visit Coastal's Brooks Stadium on Oct. 3, according to the schedule Coastal released on Friday. However, N.C. A&T and North Carolina Central will meet on that date, according to those two schools' 2009 schedules.

http://www.thesunnews.com/232/story/819696.html
How do these situations usually turn out? I dont think ive seen this with any FB team i follow in a while.

danefan
March 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
http://www.thesunnews.com/232/story/819696.html
How do these situations usually turn out? I dont think ive seen this with any FB team i follow in a while.

this seems to happen a few times every year with football.
It happened to Albany-Fordham-URI last year and it came down to Albany-Fordham having a handshake agreement in place and Fordham-URI having a signed contract. As you can imagine, Albany had to find another game.

It just happened last week with McNeese-Tulane-Northwestern State.

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Has happened with numerous schools in the SWAC and SLC this year, not just the aforementioned McN, NWST...it's been pretty wild! Some of the schools that seem to be "brought into" the situations are not at blame (i.e McN), where the blame is on the other school...

SuperJon
March 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
NC Central has a history of backing out of contracts or agreements.

kirkblitz
March 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Alright

http://schedules.travisliles.com/

on october 3rd these schools have byes.

Montana
richmond
massachusists
uc davis(?)
murray state
texas southern
alabama state
mcneese state
northwestern state
nicholls state
sam houston state
south eastern lousiana
stepen f austin
chattanooga
delaware state
flordia A&M
hampton
norfolk state
drake
Valparaiso

These schools only have 10 or less games currently

portland state(9 games)
maine(9)
north dakota
uc davis(9)
austin peay
tenn-martin
texas southern
albama state(Cool
albany
dusquese
robert morris
wagner(9)
sacred heart
sam houston state
north dakota state
indiana state
morgan state
davidson
dayton
drake
morehead state
valpariso

here are the schools that match both categories, open date on 3rd and 10 or less games

uc davis
texas southern
sam houston state
drake
Valparaiso

WestCoastAggie
March 14th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Question for this thread...Why wont you guys and Towson agree to move your game up a week (sept. 19th) since it is perceived for you all to have a bye that same weekend?

After reading the article, it is being placed out there that A&T would want to back out of the contract. We would not want to do this...BAD BUSINESS AND OUR AD. WHEELER BROWN doesn't want to complete bad business transactions. It would look bad for A&T.

A&T simply can't move our game up with NC Central as well ESPECIALLY THIS WILL BE OUR BIGGEST GAME OF OUR SEASON.

BTW: Here's a link to our Thread (BlueDeathValley.com) where we are talking about this specific issue.
http://bluedeathvalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=band&action=display&thread=4654

kirkblitz
March 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Dunno, i really wish we would put penalties in our contracts from now on to stop this crap. It clearly is NCCU's fault, NCCU should fix this by moving their schedule around. Why should we and towson have to move our games? It would be a valid fix that i would have no issue with but i wonder if we could find a more worthy opponet in one of those 5 schools i listed?

we shall see i guess

Grizalltheway
March 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Holy gigantic signature Batman! xeekx

IaaScribe
March 15th, 2009, 01:55 AM
North Carolina Central seems, in general, not to have its ... uh ... stuff together.

Tealblood
March 15th, 2009, 06:46 AM
North Carolina Central seems, in general, not to have its ... uh ... stuff together.

this does seem to happen alot with them involved

Tealblood
March 15th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I am just glad the newspaper pointed this out for us:o:o:o:o:o:o

STLAGGIE
March 15th, 2009, 12:02 PM
This should not be about NC Central. This is about a contractual obligation between Coastal and NC A&T.

CarolinaGirl
March 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I am just glad the newspaper pointed this out for us:o:o:o:o:o:o

Actually, it was pointed out on here a while back.

nwFL Griz
March 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Alright

http://schedules.travisliles.com/

on october 3rd these schools have byes.

Montana
richmond
massachusists
uc davis(?)
murray state
texas southern
alabama state
mcneese state
northwestern state
nicholls state
sam houston state
south eastern lousiana
stepen f austin
chattanooga
delaware state
flordia A&M
hampton
norfolk state
drake
Valparaiso

These schools only have 10 or less games currently

portland state(9 games)
maine(9)
north dakota
uc davis(9)
austin peay
tenn-martin
texas southern
albama state(Cool
albany
dusquese
robert morris
wagner(9)
sacred heart
sam houston state
north dakota state
indiana state
morgan state
davidson
dayton
drake
morehead state
valpariso

here are the schools that match both categories, open date on 3rd and 10 or less games

uc davis
texas southern
sam houston state
drake
Valparaiso

Editing your list, schools that have 10 games or less and an open date on Oct 3:

UC Davis
Duquesne (conditional, may change based on NEC schedule)
Dayton (conditional, may change based on Pioneer schedule)
Drake (conditional, may change based on Pioneer schedule)
Morehead St (conditional, may change based on Pioneer schedule)
Valparaiso (conditional, may change based on Pioneer schedule)
Sam Houston St
Alabama St
Texas Southern

SuperJon
March 15th, 2009, 12:51 PM

I'm glad it's not just me saying it.

WestCoastAggie
March 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Holy gigantic signature Batman! xeekx
Sorry about that AGS. I was just excited about my team and school's Accomplishment.:D

Cobblestone
March 16th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'd certainly volunteer us for a game @ CCU.

kirkblitz
March 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
should find out by friday whats what

kirkblitz
March 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
Not looken good xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingx

There is still no resolution to Coastal's football scheduling fiasco. Athletic Director Moose Koegel expected to have the problem resolved by the end of this week, but the process was hindered by the participation of several teams involved (Morgan State and Northwestern, who are both on Towson's 2009 schedule) in postseason basketball tournaments, he said.

Although its possible for Coastal and Towson to move their game up one week, it doesn't appear it will be that simple, because Towson is also trying to make changes to its schedule. Who knows how this will turn out, but Koegel did say that N.C. A&T Athletic Director Wheeler Brown called him earlier this week and apologized, saying his department was completely at fault in the conflict.

That doesn't necessarily mean, however, that A&T would be willing to move its game with rival N.C. Central to uphold the contract with Coastal.

http://thesunnews.typepad.com/coastal_carolina/2009/03/nothing-new-yet.html

if we have to play a D2 i will hate your school forever A&T xnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonox

EagleDawg
March 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM
kirkblitz - I feel your pain. Gardner-Webb had similar issues with a scheduled 1AA dropping their GWU game to pick up a money game and so now GWU has two D2 games on the schedule. Until the Big South expands to 8 or 9 games each conference member will continually be faced with these scheduling issues by having to schedule 5 OOC games. You would hope folks would honor their agreements but in this economy and budget cuts it's almost hard to fault the 1AA's for taking money games that show up late and drop a OOC 1AA game. I know that's not exactly what's happened to CCU with the NC A&T deal but having 7 or 8 conference games would reduce the potential for these problems to appear.

kirkblitz
March 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Fixed

http://thesunnews.typepad.com/coastal_carolina/2009/03/football-revises-09-schedule.html

Revised 2009 CCU Football Schedule
9/3 at Kent State 7 p.m. (Thursday)
9/12 Monmouth 7 p.m.
9/19 at Towson TBA
9/26 North Carolina A&T 7 p.m.
10/3 Bye
10/10 VMI 7 p.m.
10/17 at Liberty TBA
10/24 at Stony Brook TBA
10/31 at Clemson TBA
11/7 a-Gardner-Webb 12:30 p.m.
11/14 Presbyterian 12:30 p.m.
11/21 at Charleston Southern 1:30 p.m.
a - homecoming

Seawolf97
March 27th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Fixed

http://thesunnews.typepad.com/coastal_carolina/2009/03/football-revises-09-schedule.html

Revised 2009 CCU Football Schedule
9/3 at Kent State 7 p.m. (Thursday)
9/12 Monmouth 7 p.m.
9/19 at Towson TBA
9/26 North Carolina A&T 7 p.m.
10/3 Bye
10/10 VMI 7 p.m.
10/17 at Liberty TBA
10/24 at Stony Brook TBA
10/31 at Clemson TBA
11/7 a-Gardner-Webb 12:30 p.m.
11/14 Presbyterian 12:30 p.m.
11/21 at Charleston Southern 1:30 p.m.
a - homecoming

Congratulations ! A full 11 games. Now to see when our schedule comes out how we will make out.

kirkblitz
March 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
yeah but i dont think we've had a day home game in like 3 years. it sucks i wont be tailgating for the last 2 home games. I can barely make it up by 12 on saturday, let alone go to a game xbawlingx