PDA

View Full Version : UNH reciever Fox suspended for substance abuse

Old Cat Fan
March 13th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Terrance Fox failed random drug test per NCAA xnonono2x and will be suspended for the season to bad, the kid had great potential and his absence will be felt .

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2009/03/unh_suspends_wide_receiver.html

ndsubison
March 13th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Look--I work in this field. Let's not forget that we're talking about a young man who is learning his mistakes along the way. Jeez--who hasn't been THERE at least once in their life? Young men--especially young men--are prone to making exactly these types of mistakes. Is it right to throw away a HUMAN BEING for ONE transgression? 3 Strike Rule. That's what it is. I have dealt wth incorrigeables. I have also dealt with KIDS who were misdirected. I have also dealt with kids who only need some direction. They are not Cain. With enough support and direction these kids will blow your mind. Everybody deserves a chance to redeem themselves. If you can't LEARN, then you can't learn. It is all subjective. We all live in glass houses, so throw a stone at your own house. The TRUTH s subjective, and we are ALL subjective to the truth.

ndsubison
March 13th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Terrance Fox failed random drug test per NCAA xnonono2x and will be suspended for the season to bad, the kid had great potential and his absence will be felt .

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2009/03/unh_suspends_wide_receiver.html

DISCLAIMOR::: I am a Juv PO. My peronal opinion POT (mary jane) WHATEVER is irrelevant. I am too busy handling kids with meth/coke/ecs/vit k/roofies. e al do deal with this ****. My wife is fed up, can't deal with my **** and wantws to leave me. What the **** gives? I am so pissed I don't even know ow to deal. Do you know how it feels to not slep at nit? Sick and ****ing tired.....

ndsubison
March 13th, 2009, 04:49 AM
New warrant. Have to fly out to Memphis to flush some bad guys. Got my re-up on the .40 cal so I will be back (GOD willing) with yet another story shortly. If not, GOD bless and GODSPEED forever, my bretheren. Keep the faith and I will defeinately be chomping my teeth in the meantime.

BTW--If you're ever bored in your life, PM me. I have not been bored in the last 5 yrs. I smile and laugh every day even though it might be the last time I smile and laugh. Man---I almost forgot--GO BISON!!! Out.xcoffeexxshakingmadx

Cobblestone
March 13th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Sounds like you could use some help yourself. There is no shame in seeking counseling. I hope you get some.

Best wishes to you.

Tribe4SF
March 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM
DISCLAIMOR::: I am a Juv PO. My peronal opinion POT (mary jane) WHATEVER is irrelevant. I am too busy handling kids with meth/coke/ecs/vit k/roofies. e al do deal with this ****. My wife is fed up, can't deal with my **** and wantws to leave me. What the **** gives? I am so pissed I don't even know ow to deal. Do you know how it feels to not slep at nit? Sick and ****ing tired.....

If you're a Juv. PO, and you don't know the negative impact of marijuana use on adolescents, you might want to seek a new line of work. The other substances you cite are certainly serious, but to describe marijuana as irrelevant is not a perspective we need present among those charged with serving our nation's young people.

WrenFGun
March 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'll take this back to the subject matter. This is a big loss for UNH, as Fox was the #1 Candidate to take over the #1 WR duty for the club. While the system can make a lot of players look pretty good, Fox was the one who was taking the reigns by the end of last season.

Does he lose a year of eligibility, or will he return as a junior in 2010 once he has served his suspension? Not sure how that works.

Travis Negron's a senior who has showed promise, so we'll see if he can step it up. There are plenty of others on the roster, though a personal favorite of mine is Mickey Mangieri. He's extremely fast and causes a ton of problems, but like most others, he's not very big. Mike Greene and Kevon Mason, a couple big WR's (6'3+) might see their time escalate.

Chris Jeannot and Chris Chandler are going to have to really step up, too, IMO. We may actually see some two TE sets with Jeannot and Sicko out there at the same time, now.

Tribe4SF
March 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Fox will lose a year of eligibility with this. Wasn't he also a primary kick return guy?

Wildcat80
March 13th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I really like Orlando as a soph surprise contributor. And you'd have to think a frosh-Asam-might get in the mix later in the season. Really the team just has to rally as if he was "injured". The next guys in line have to make plays. At least we have the entire spring & summer to develop starters.

UNHFan
March 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'll take this back to the subject matter. This is a big loss for UNH, as Fox was the #1 Candidate to take over the #1 WR duty for the club. While the system can make a lot of players look pretty good, Fox was the one who was taking the reigns by the end of last season.

Does he lose a year of eligibility, or will he return as a junior in 2010 once he has served his suspension? Not sure how that works.

Travis Negron's a senior who has showed promise, so we'll see if he can step it up. There are plenty of others on the roster, though a personal favorite of mine is Mickey Mangieri. He's extremely fast and causes a ton of problems, but like most others, he's not very big. Mike Greene and Kevon Mason, a couple big WR's (6'3+) might see their time escalate.

Chris Jeannot and Chris Chandler are going to have to really step up, too, IMO. We may actually see some two TE sets with Jeannot and Sicko out there at the same time, now.

Your dead on!! Fox is a talent! makes things happen this a crushing blow to our team this year. Was so looking forward to watching him play this year!

ButlerGSU
March 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
If you're a Juv. PO, and you don't know the negative impact of marijuana use on adolescents, you might want to seek a new line of work. The other substances you cite are certainly serious, but to describe marijuana as irrelevant is not a perspective we need present among those charged with serving our nation's young people.

Am I missing something in the article? Where does it say it was marijuana? It could have been steroids or any other type drug that is banned by the NCAA.

Tribe4SF
March 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Am I missing something in the article? Where does it say it was marijuana? It could have been steroids or any other type drug that is banned by the NCAA.

I was responding to the post by the PO, not the article. I'm not sure the NCAA's post season tests even include marijuana, or other illicit drugs. It's my understanding the tests are focused on banned, performance-enhancing substances.

WrenFGun
March 24th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I have no insider information obviously, but I can't imagine he'd miss the season for marijuana usage.

Tribe4SF
March 24th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I have no insider information obviously, but I can't imagine he'd miss the season for marijuana usage.

Neither can I. I'm confident his suspension is for a banned, performance enhancing substance.

clenz
March 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Look--I work in this field. Let's not forget that we're talking about a young man who is learning his mistakes along the way. Jeez--who hasn't been THERE at least once in their life? Young men--especially young men--are prone to making exactly these types of mistakes. Is it right to throw away a HUMAN BEING for ONE transgression? 3 Strike Rule. That's what it is. I have dealt wth incorrigeables. I have also dealt with KIDS who were misdirected. I have also dealt with kids who only need some direction. They are not Cain. With enough support and direction these kids will blow your mind. Everybody deserves a chance to redeem themselves. If you can't LEARN, then you can't learn. It is all subjective. We all live in glass houses, so throw a stone at your own house. The TRUTH s subjective, and we are ALL subjective to the truth.Who hasn't been where? Making mistakes or smoking pot? Mistakes I'm there all the time, smoking pot I've neve even been tempted too.

DLS
March 24th, 2009, 03:56 PM
maybe im just a boonie but IT'S POT!

what in the world is wrong with weed?! its pratically a gift from god.

i dont even smoke weed and i even think its ridiculous to punish someone for it. i would kick a player off the team for smoking cigarettes before smoking weed. atleast with pot there's a legitimate purpose.

JayJ79
March 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
i dont even smoke weed and i even think its ridiculous to punish someone for it. i would kick a player off the team for smoking cigarettes before smoking weed. atleast with pot there's a legitimate purpose.

I tend to agree that pot isn't THAT worse (if at all) than tobacco, and alcohol.
But a "legitimate purpose" is stretching it a bit.

JayJ79
March 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Is it right to throw away a HUMAN BEING for ONE transgression?

A one-year ban from sports and losing a semester of scholarship doesn't equate to "throwing away a human being".

SideLine Shooter
March 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM
maybe im just a boonie but IT'S POT!

what in the world is wrong with weed?! its pratically a gift from god.

Pot is illegal, at this point tobacco is not.

panther25
March 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM
NCAA does not test for marijuana out of season. If this was during contest, then there is a possibility it was weed. If it was during the playoffs, there is a greater possibility it was weed. However, if it happened any other time of the year, he tested positive for a banned, performance enhancing drug.