PDA

View Full Version : When Does Old Dominion & Georgia State Officially Join CAA?

UNHWildCats
March 12th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I'm working on putting together the schedules pages for 2010, 2011 and 2012 and I was wondering which yeas these two schools will officially be part of the CAA.

Jackman
March 12th, 2009, 11:22 PM
ODU in 2011. GSU in 2012. In each case 2 years after starting their respective programs.

UNHWildCats
March 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
thanks

Dukie95
March 13th, 2009, 07:06 AM
ODU in 2011. GSU in 2012. In each case 2 years after starting their respective programs.

Technically, I guess it's 3 years. ODU started their program last year, but they red-shirted everyone.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 13th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Technically, I guess it's 3 years. ODU started their program last year, but they red-shirted everyone.

G State already has players. They are going to redshirt all of them and start practice this year if I'm not mistaken.

Ahem, GSU will not be joining the CAA in 2012. I believe you meant "G State".

th0m
March 13th, 2009, 08:06 AM
GSU is a member of the SoCon, SWAC, and soon the CAA. Just like MSU is a member of the MVC and Big Sky, ISU twice over in the MVC and in the Big Sky... and I could go on and on xpeacex

Jackman
March 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
You peach state folks will have to figure that out among yourselves, but I'm told that Georgia State assembled the necessary initials first, though some convoluted name changes at both schools were involved.

Anyway, I believe the delay in ODU and the GSU Panthers (good?) officially joining the CAA is to allow them time to reach 63 scholarships and have a senior class. There's a limit on how many football scholarships you can grant in a single year, so if they joined early it'd be like having a NEC program mixed in with the full scholarship clubs.

(I respectfully decline to take a cheap shot at URI and Northeastern.)

blukeys
March 13th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm working on putting together the schedules pages for 2010, 2011 and 2012 and I was wondering which yeas these two schools will officially be part of the CAA.

Not to sound to fussy but both of these schools have been officially a part of the CAA for quite some time just as George Mason, VCU, UNC Wilm have been members for a longer period of time then UD, Nova, Hofstra etc.

They will take up football as a sport in 2011 and 2012.

Yes we all know what you meant but some ODU folks in particular may not want to be considered the new kids on the block.

UNHWildCats
March 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Not to sound to fussy but both of these schools have been officially a part of the CAA for quite some time just as George Mason, VCU, UNC Wilm have been members for a longer period of time then UD, Nova, Hofstra etc.

They will take up football as a sport in 2011 and 2012.

Yes we all know what you meant but some ODU folks in particular may not want to be considered the new kids on the block.
For the purposes of what I am doing here, I simply was referring to when they will be technically listed as a CAA football member as opposed to an independent football team when they first start. And im pretty sure everyone knew what I meant. xcoffeex

DTSpider
March 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Yes, but the CAA Football conference is a separate entity from the CAA, and it carried all of the records from the previous "names" as A10 & Yankee. All-sports members of the CAA still have to apply to the CAA Football conference, which is why they weren't immediate members upon starting a program.

Who knows, maybe all sports work like this, but I do remember all of the discussion in one of the naming moves.

danefan
March 13th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Yes, but the CAA Football conference is a separate entity from the CAA, and it carried all of the records from the previous "names" as A10 & Yankee. All-sports members of the CAA still have to apply to the CAA Football conference, which is why they weren't immediate members upon starting a program.

Who knows, maybe all sports work like this, but I do remember all of the discussion in one of the naming moves.

Right. The CAA football conference was formed as a separate organization. There are no affiliate football members of the CAA Football conference and each member gets an equal vote. I believe that is why it was formed that way.

Jackman
March 13th, 2009, 12:48 PM
If there's actually an ODU fan out there that feels that way, he needs to get over it. This block, they are the new kids on. Every commercial the CAA ran during last season's TV schedule featured our three national championship trophies (prior to Richmond's), all won by the Atlantic-10, so they can cut the crap about this being their conference all along. Yankee and A10 history are not ODU history. Their history starts now. I'm excited for them, so long as they don't possess the aforementioned attitude (which I've never heard them take, so it's all good).

henfan
March 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Right. The CAA football conference was formed as a separate organization. There are no affiliate football members of the CAA Football conference and each member gets an equal vote. I believe that is why it was formed that way.

That's not entirely correct. Certainly the Atlantic 10 had a separate football conference, an entity not directly tied to their core Olympic sport league. However, as far as I've been able to ascertain (and it was really the point of them gaining control of the league), the CAA FB does not operate in a similar manner.

There was a period after the CAA announced that it would be assuming control of the old A-10 in which associate member offers were extended to non-core members. Richmond was the only school that balked initially before joining as a football associate (they were already associates for women's golf.)

I think you are correct about associate members getting an equal vote on membership issues.

busybee14
March 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
G State already has players. They are going to redshirt all of them and start practice this year if I'm not mistaken.

I cant call that cartoon character mascot and the upstart program from atl GSU,it does not feel right its unnaturalxeekx.GSU(the real one)has tradition, historyand eagle creek ,not to mention a sweet ass yellow bus.
Next thing you know, Cock fans will think they are USC.....

Monarch Nation
March 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM
If there's actually an ODU fan out there that feels that way, he needs to get over it. This block, they are the new kids on. Every commercial the CAA ran during last season's TV schedule featured our three national championship trophies (prior to Richmond's), all won by the Atlantic-10, so they can cut the crap about this being their conference all along. Yankee and A10 history are not ODU history. Their history starts now. I'm excited for them, so long as they don't possess the aforementioned attitude (which I've never heard them take, so it's all good).

Believe me, that is a non issue.

Monarch History
March 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Believe me, that is a non issue.

I second that.xlolx

DaBigBlue
March 13th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I second that.xlolx

I agree, we're just so happy to be able to join the best in the FCS.

blukeys
March 15th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Do you have a reference as to where in the CAA rules this is mentioned???

To my knowledge the ODU and GSU football admittance was a slam dunk from day one.

henfan
March 15th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I stand corrected, DTSpider and Danefan. Mia culpa.

I discovered this weekend that the Colonial Athletic Association and the CAA Football Conference are indeed two separate legal entities. Furthermore, there are technically no affiliate football members, though the CAA's website lists football affiliates. Each FB member has an equal stake and vote in conference matters. 3/4 vote carries the day for membership issues & 2/3 on other non-membership issues. Each FB member pays an equal share for annual membership. Schools who voluntarily leave must pay $250K for withdrawal fee & provide at least one year advance notice. The conference determines the withdrawal date, though there are exceptions that would allow schools to skirt paying the fee (e.g.- FBS reclassification, drastic scholarship reductions, and dropping FB) Existing Colonial Athletic Association members who begin sponsoring FCS scholarship programs are guaranteed admittance into the CAA Football League but only until 2017.

blukeys
March 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM

I discovered this weekend that the Colonial Athletic Association and the CAA Football Conference are indeed two separate legal entities. Furthermore, there are technically no affiliate football members, though the CAA's website lists football affiliates. Each FB member has an equal stake and vote in conference matters. 3/4 vote carries the day for membership issues & 2/3 on other non-membership issues. Each FB member pays an equal share for annual membership. Schools who voluntarily leave must pay $250K for withdrawal fee & provide at least one year advance notice. The conference determines the withdrawal date, though there are exceptions that would allow schools to skirt paying the fee (e.g.- FBS reclassification, drastic scholarship reductions, and dropping FB) Existing Colonial Athletic Association members who begin sponsoring FCS scholarship programs are guaranteed admittance into the CAA Football League but only until 2017.

Thanks HF!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

It seems a lot of the talk about new conferences etc. would be helped if we actually had this type of information on all of the conferences.

The idea that Linda Bruno would lift a finger to revive A-10 is laughable on its face but at least some concept of what are the respective rules for a conference would definitely help to see if it is in a school's best interest to make a move.

danefan
March 16th, 2009, 11:51 AM

Great info......do you know if we can bookmark threads or posts?
This is one that contains great information that will undoubtedly come up in conversation again.

89Hen
March 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Each FB member has an equal stake and vote in conference matters.
In football conference matters, correct? xeyebrowx

danefan
March 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
In football conference matters, correct? xeyebrowx

Right - they have no stake in non-football matters because they aren't members of the Colonial Athletic Association. They are only members of the CAA Football Conference.

henfan
March 16th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I just discovered the below link. It would have been nice to have known this was out there before I started pestering my contacts. Seems like most of what I was told checks out:

http://www.caasports.com/fls/8500/supportfiles/Handbook/FB/08CAA_FOOTBALL_HANDBOOK_web.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=8500

danefan
March 16th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I just discovered the below link. It would have been nice to have known this was out there before I started pestering my contacts. Seems like most of what I was told checks out:

http://www.caasports.com/fls/8500/supportfiles/Handbook/FB/08CAA_FOOTBALL_HANDBOOK_web.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=8500

That's a great find actually. Just doing a quick search I came across the NEC policy manual as well.

http://www.northeastconference.org/Sports/Policy%20Manual/2008-09/NEC%20Policy%20Manual%200809(web).pdf

BearsCountry
March 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
The idea that Linda Bruno would lift a finger to revive A-10 is laughable on its face but at least some concept of what are the respective rules for a conference would definitely help to see if it is in a school's best interest to make a move.

She isnt the commish of the A-10 anymore.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Great info......do you know if we can bookmark threads or posts?
This is one that contains great information that will undoubtedly come up in conversation again.

I saved the link to that manual so I can reference it the next time someone mentions jettisoning one of the affiliate/associate members of CAA Football. Now we officially know there are no such members of the CAA Football League today.

Great find henfan!!!! xbowx

89Hen
March 16th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I think the conference will kick out the football affiliates now that ODU is on board.

xwhistlex

bostonspider
March 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Well it is good to see that no one will be kicking out any CAA Football members without "Cause".

Jackman
March 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM
The full CAA members could do an end-around their own regulations by dissolving the conference entirely and creating a new one with the same name. Or, if they don't have the votes for that (they need at least 1 non-member for that I think), they could force the issue by simply behaving badly and refusing to penalize themselves.

Monarch History
March 16th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I think everything will pan out within a few conferences in the new several years. However, I don't know exactly how that will look.

Husky Alum
March 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
xoopsxSo we have until 2017 to wait for the rebirth of Drexel Football? xbowxxeekxxnonox

89Hen
March 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
xoopsxSo we have until 2017 to wait for the rebirth of Drexel Football? xbowxxeekxxnonox
xeekx xeekx xoopsx

henfan
March 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
If Drexel or Mason or VCU or UNCW wait until after June 2017 to begin a FB startup, they won't be guaranteed CAA FB league membership.

89Hen
March 17th, 2009, 10:32 AM
If Drexel or Mason or VCU or UNCW wait until after June 2017 to begin a FB startup, they won't be guaranteed CAA FB league membership.
Drexel football... an oxymoron if I ever heard one. xlolx

Old Cage
March 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Am I the only fan of a New England member (UMass, UNH, Maine, URI, Northeastern) that thinks that all this is a large step backwards for our programs? I've mentioned here before that folks east of the Hudson River really don't give a crap about what happens on the other side, whether it is college or pro sports, politics, or life in general.

Isn't it better for the budget and for competition to have someone sitting on the visitor side, and to not be paying for charter flights? My view would be very different if we were able to fill our stadiums or if we had some I-A aspirations. Heck, it would be different if we had better weather.

I have nothing against the new schools. They may well have terrific programs in several sports. I have mentioned here before that even our season ticket holders - not a huge number - are so New England-centric that the people around me had no idea where Towson was from or that it was a league game. A half full stadium against a far away unknown team is hard.

For hoops we have hosted teams like Vanderbuilt, Boston College and Alabama in the last two years. In hockey the national powers BC, BU and UNH are in our league. In lax we have top teams like Syracuse and Georgetown in. People pay to come to those games. Student attendance for hockey is often double that for a random cold weather football game.

If I could push a button and make it so, we would play in a league that included teams of interest from the Northeast. We've played every one of them in recent years - the other four here from New England plus some combination of Holy Cross, Fordham, Army, Albany, Hofstra, Villanova (?), etc., plus one or two "up" games including BC and UConn whenever possible.

Wouldn't it make the Southern members happier as well if they did the same?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Am I the only fan of a New England member (UMass, UNH, Maine, URI, Northeastern) that thinks that all this is a large step backwards for our programs? I've mentioned here before that folks east of the Hudson River really don't give a crap about what happens on the other side, whether it is college or pro sports, politics, or life in general.

Isn't it better for the budget and for competition to have someone sitting on the visitor side, and to not be paying for charter flights? My view would be very different if we were able to fill our stadiums or if we had some I-A aspirations. Heck, it would be different if we had better weather.

I have nothing against the new schools. They may well have terrific programs in several sports. I have mentioned here before that even our season ticket holders - not a huge number - are so New England-centric that the people around me had no idea where Towson was from or that it was a league game. A half full stadium against a far away unknown team is hard.

For hoops we have hosted teams like Vanderbuilt, Boston College and Alabama in the last two years. In hockey the national powers BC, BU and UNH are in our league. In lax we have top teams like Syracuse and Georgetown in. People pay to come to those games. Student attendance for hockey is often double that for a random cold weather football game.

If I could push a button and make it so, we would play in a league that included teams of interest from the Northeast. We've played every one of them in recent years - the other four here from New England plus some combination of Holy Cross, Fordham, Army, Albany, Hofstra, Villanova (?), etc., plus one or two "up" games including BC and UConn whenever possible.

Not sure I can do justice right now with a response due to time constraints, but will give it a go.

If UMass was so interested in regional schedules, then why is the A-10 their all sports league (trips to St. Louis, Charlotte, Dayton, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, West NY Southern Tier, etc.)? You guys along with URI and Holy Cross parted company from a regional league back in the early 80's. (After UConn had already done so by going to the Big East.) Those departures are one reason why the football schools in the Northeast are scattered among multiple leagues. America East administrative ineptitude is another major reason (letting Delaware, Towson, Hofstra and Northeastern walk). If football drove the bus in Amherst, you could have been part of an all-sports conference with Maine, UNH, NU, URI, Albany, Stony Brook, Hofstra, Delaware and Towson. But basketball seems to drive the bus so you're in the A-10. So far I don't see any signs of that changing and if these tough economic times don't force UMass into a more regional all sports league than it isn't happening.

Towson having been an all sports member of America East/North Atlantic Conference with UNH makes them a more familiar opponent to UNH fans. I've also pontificated many times of the recruiting boost UNH gets playing games in PA, DE, MD and even VA -- exposure to HS players in the Mid-Atlantic, games for family and friends from home to travel to easier than getting to Durham. Don't forget UNH has to rely on out-of-state players to fill the roster.

Unless you figure out a way to have a "niche" league in football like Hockey East gets the hockey playing schools together regardless of their main league affiliation or the football schools form a league affiliation with football as the common denominator, then I think we'll have what we have today for the foreseeable future. Don't you think that only a niche league could get UMass, Holy Cross, Fordham, Maine, Northeastern, UNH, etc. together unless there are significant changes in Worcester and Rose Hill?

Would UMass be willing to have an all sports league with URI, Northeastern, UNH, Maine, Fordham, Hofstra, Albany and Stony Brook? (I figure Holy Cross is always destined for a parochial or Patriot type league.) That would be nine football schools and three basketball schools could be added to satisfy the UMass and URI demand for basketball competition. I suspect the answer to that is "no". You can't get what you want for football without some compromise in basketball.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. ;) :p :D :D

Monarch History
March 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I don't disagree, that why I said I felt it would pan out in several years. The nation's economy may well dictate it.

henfan
March 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Am I the only fan of a New England member (UMass, UNH, Maine, URI, Northeastern) that thinks that all this is a large step backwards for our programs?... Isn't it better for the budget and for competition to have someone sitting on the visitor side, and to not be paying for charter flights? My view would be very different if we were able to fill our stadiums or if we had some I-A aspirations... If I could push a button and make it so, we would play in a league that included teams of interest from the Northeast. We've played every one of them in recent years - the other four here from New England plus some combination of Holy Cross, Fordham, Army, Albany, Hofstra, Villanova (?), etc., plus one or two "up" games including BC and UConn whenever possible.

I'm not sure what the complaint is. How frequently does/will UMass be boarding a plane to play conference FB games? How frequent are flights in other FCS conferences like the Big Sky, Great West, MoValley, MEAC, etc.

If there were enough FCS schools in Northeast interested in being conference mates with UMass and you them, you might get what you wish for. Alas, reality strikes. There are exactly 2 AEC schools in NE sponsoring full scholarship FB (only 1 in NY- sorry Albany) and 1 other in the A-10. Try filling out the schedule from there. Holy Cross & Fordham are members of the PL and aren't going to play you every year. NU & HU are CAA members and aren't going to play you every year. VU isn't flying to Orono or Durham every year when closer, driveable CAA options are available. The affiliations you seek don't and aren't likely to exist any time soon.

If UMass were to ever go to a smaller NE-centric conference, they'd likely be making two or three flights per year for noncon games or playing multiple sub-Div. I games... when you can find them. I'm not sure what would be gained.

BTW, how much money goes down the hole when UMass flys its non-revenue Olympic sport teams to Dayton, Richmond and St. Lou multiple times each year? A couple of FB flights every once in a while should be the least of UMass' worries.

Old Cage
March 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
"You can't get what you want for football without some compromise in basketball."

One can make the argument that it is hockey driving the bus, not hoops, at several of the schools. Ask UNH or Maine or Northeastern or BU guys. Hockey has what it wants.

Lax has its own leagues. Here's a league for you - Colby, BC, UMass, UConn, MIT, Plymouth State, Give up? Ski team.

Why are you so rigid? Why not football?

Jackman
March 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Isn't it better for the budget and for competition to have someone sitting on the visitor side, and to not be paying for charter flights?

If what you desire is to reduce games against long-distance opponents, then you will probably be happy with the addition of the two new programs, and should hope that George Mason and VCU start programs too. Because what they will actually do is decrease the number of games we play against the southern teams. Right now we play 3 games against the CAA South to fill out our 8 game conference schedule. When the two new programs start conference play, we will play only 2 games against the CAA South. That potentially saves us an extra plane trip every other year. Depending, of course, on which school is moved to the CAA North.

Finally, if we could add two more southern teams to get the conference to 16 total, the alignment we'd surely end up with is:

CAA North
Maine
UNH
UMass
URI
Northeastern
Hofstra
Villanova
Delaware

CAA South
Towson
James Madison
Richmond
William & Mary
Old Dominion
Georgia State
App State (for example)
Charlotte (for example)

No complaints about that CAA North, right? We'd play the 7 other members of the CAA North plus 1 game against the CAA South. Surely everyone can afford that.

So I say, more southern schools in the CAA as soon as possible, please. xthumbsupx

DTSpider
March 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM

No problem. I'm just glad you found the link so that we don't have to debate this forever.

henfan
March 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
If what you desire is to reduce games against long-distance opponents, then you will probably be happy with the addition of the two new programs, and should hope that George Mason and VCU start programs too.
CAA North
Maine
UNH
UMass
URI
Northeastern
Hofstra
Villanova
Delaware

CAA South
Towson
James Madison
Richmond
William & Mary
Old Dominion
Georgia State
App State (for example)
Charlotte (for example)

Well, that arrangement wouldn't work out better for UD & VU, as it would assure 2 or 3 flights each year for divisional games alone.xeyebrowx

Jackman
March 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I have mentioned here before that even our season ticket holders - not a huge number - are so New England-centric that the people around me had no idea where Towson was from or that it was a league game. A half full stadium against a far away unknown team is hard.
I meant to respond to this as well. UMass's most highly attended games in the last 2 years have been Delaware, Villanova and Richmond. Towson was poorly attended (specifically 8,218 attended, which most Northeast FCS programs would die to have) because it was Towson, not because they're from outside New England. Granted, the numbers are a little inflated because the CAA South teams are never sent up here in winter when some fans are chased away by the cold, but with the exception of Towson every CAA South opponent we've hosted in the last 3 years has filled our stadium to at least 90% capacity. And that doesn't include JMU, who we host this year for the first time in 4 years and who one would think should be able to maintain the 90% capacity average. 1 dud every 4 years isn't enough to complain about when the others are bringing in 15,500+.

89Hen
March 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM
CAA North
Maine
UNH
UMass
URI
Northeastern
Hofstra
Villanova
Delaware

No complaints about that CAA North, right?
No offense to our New England rooted Yankee Conference, but I'd rather be in the south. While I have always enjoyed the road games I've attended in NE, I much prefer going to Virginia now. xpeacex

BearsCountry
March 17th, 2009, 08:01 PM
If what you desire is to reduce games against long-distance opponents, then you will probably be happy with the addition of the two new programs, and should hope that George Mason and VCU start programs too. Because what they will actually do is decrease the number of games we play against the southern teams. Right now we play 3 games against the CAA South to fill out our 8 game conference schedule. When the two new programs start conference play, we will play only 2 games against the CAA South. That potentially saves us an extra plane trip every other year. Depending, of course, on which school is moved to the CAA North.

Finally, if we could add two more southern teams to get the conference to 16 total, the alignment we'd surely end up with is:

CAA North
Maine
UNH
UMass
URI
Northeastern
Hofstra
Villanova
Delaware

CAA South
Towson
James Madison
Richmond
William & Mary
Old Dominion
Georgia State
App State (for example)
Charlotte (for example)

No complaints about that CAA North, right? We'd play the 7 other members of the CAA North plus 1 game against the CAA South. Surely everyone can afford that.

So I say, more southern schools in the CAA as soon as possible, please. xthumbsupx

Or just add Albany and Stony Brook to the North.

Jackman
March 17th, 2009, 08:41 PM
We already play Albany and Stony Brook. Who are we going to replace them with non-conf if they take up spots on the conference schedule? Sacred Heart and Wagner? That'll pack the stadium.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM
"You can't get what you want for football without some compromise in basketball."

One can make the argument that it is hockey driving the bus, not hoops, at several of the schools. Ask UNH or Maine or Northeastern or BU guys. Hockey has what it wants.

Lax has its own leagues. Here's a league for you - Colby, BC, UMass, UConn, MIT, Plymouth State, Give up? Ski team.

Why are you so rigid? Why not football?

Well, I figured it was a given that hockey drives the bus at UNH (and Maine, BU, UVM and Northeastern), didn't think it did at UMass. At UNH, after hockey, football is the most influential sport. I don't get the impression that football is more influential at UMass than basketball.

I didn't realize that I was being rigid, didn't I say that football could create its own niche league as an option? So far nobody seems to be making that happen. (Don't hold your breath waiting for America East or the A-10 to spearhead that effort.)

As for me, when I attended UNH we hardly ever played teams outside New England. Delaware was the one exception. I much prefer today's scheduling including teams from the Mid-Atlantic.

blukeys
March 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM

CAA North
Maine
UNH
UMass
URI
Northeastern
Hofstra
Villanova
Delaware

CAA South
Towson
James Madison
Richmond
William & Mary
Old Dominion
Georgia State
App State (for example)
Charlotte (for example)

This is interesting but, How do you think that App State is coming to the CAA???

For that matter, What about Charlotte???

Do you have some facts or are you just throwing some names out there?

GSU and ODU got auto admittance based on CAA membership. George Mason, UNC/ Wilm, VCU, and Drexel have dibs until 2017.

Jackman
March 18th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Totally pulling names out of my butt, doesn't matter who they are so long as they're south of the Mason-Dixon.

Husky Alum
March 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
FWIW, NU would likely play UNH and UMass if we were ever not in the same league.

Makes too much sense not to.