PDA

View Full Version : McNeese and Tulane schedules

McNeese72
March 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Check out the schedules:

From the McNeese official athletic website:

Date Opponent Location Time (CT) Results Media Tickets
Sat, Sep 05 Henderson State Lake Charles, LA 7 p,.m.

Sat, Sep 12 Appalachian State at Boone, NC TBA

Sat, Sep 19 Savannah State Lake Charles, LA 7 p.m.

Sat, Sep 26 Tulane at New Orleans, LA TBA

Sat, Oct 10 Stephen F. Austin * at Nacogdoches, TX TBA

Sat, Oct 17 Nothwestern State * Lake Charles, LA 7 p.m.

Sat, Oct 24 Southeastern Louisiana * Lake Charles, LA 7 p.m.

Sat, Oct 31 Nicholls State * at Thibodaux, LA TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Sam Houston State * Lake Charles, LA 7 p.m.

Sat, Nov 14 Texas State * at San Marcos, TX. TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Central Arkansas * Lake Charles, LA 7 p.m.

Tulane schedule from the Tulane official athletic website:

2009 Tulane Green Wave
Football Schedule
Date Opponents Site Time
Sept. 4 (Fri.) Tulsa* (ESPN) Louisiana Superdome TBA
Sept. 12 BYU (ESPN) Louisiana Superdome TBA
Sept. 19 McNeese State Louisiana Superdome TBA
Sept. 26 at SMU* Dallas, Texas TBA
Oct. 3 at Army West Point, N.Y. TBA
Oct. 10 Marshall* Louisiana Superdome TBA
Oct. 17 Houston* Louisiana Superdome TBA
Oct. 24 at Southern Miss* Hattiesburg, Miss. TBA
Oct. 31 at LSU Baton Rouge, La. TBA
Nov. 7 UTEP* Louisiana Superdome TBA
Nov. 14 at Rice* Houston, Texas TBA
Nov. 21 at UCF* Orlando, Fla. TBA

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

From what I have heard from good sources is that our copy of the signed contract has Sept. 26 on it. Not saying my source couldn't be wrong but he seldom ever is.

Doc

3rd Coast Tiger
March 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Since when did either team join the SWAC? xconfusedx

Care to explain this Texas Terror?

GAD
March 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Boy some people gonna be xmadxmadxmadx with the Greenwavexlolx

mikebigg
March 12th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hey McNeese...yall gonna ask Tulane to buyout Savannah State?

3rd Coast Tiger
March 13th, 2009, 08:32 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Things like this ONLY happens in the inferior conferences right?

McNeeserocket
March 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM

No Mike, neither McNeese nor Tulane are going to buy out the Savannah State game. McNeese administration alerted Tulane that "Tulane's Contract" stated that Tulane was playing McNeese in New Orleans on September 26th. After some discussion (would have loved to have heard this discussion), Tulane has now decided that they will move their game with SMU to the end of the season. This means that the Tulane - McNeese game will take place as planned on September 26th.

Apparently, McNeese wanted to keep the Savannah State game on September 19 and was unwilling to change that contract to fix the other problem. I don't believe Tulane wanted to pay McNeese $250,000 to buy out the McNeese contract, which would still leave Tulane with an open date left and the probability of having to pay someone else the same or more money to fill that date.

Regardless of how the negotiations took place, the game is back on at the agreed upon time. McNeese's coaches, players, administration and fans are looking forward to this game! xbeerchugx

mikebigg
March 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM
WTG... make the big boys bend. Glad you guys were able to honor the game with Savannah State, I'm sure they need the payday. Gotta commend them on their effort to fill a schedule with quality opponents.

Yall heard anything over there about possibly playing us again in the near future? I'm in favor of at least 1 SLC opponent each year...especially the La. schools. SFA and maybe Central Arkansas wouldn't be a long trip either from Lincoln Parish.

McNeeserocket
March 13th, 2009, 12:04 PM
WTG... make the big boys bend. Glad you guys were able to honor the game with Savannah State, I'm sure they need the payday. Gotta commend them on their effort to fill a schedule with quality opponents.

Yall heard anything over there about possibly playing us again in the near future? I'm in favor of at least 1 SLC opponent each year...especially the La. schools. SFA and maybe Central Arkansas wouldn't be a long trip either from Lincoln Parish.

I know McNeese was very happy with the two game series we had in 2002 and 2003. I know I have heard talk about playing again as soon as possible. Maybe we can set up another home and home series. Right now I think McNeese has a hole in the 2010 schedule. Maybe our ADs could arrange it!

I have not talked to one McNeese fan that did not think Grambling and their fans were were 1st Class. We enjoyed both games and everyone I talked to thought you guys have one of the nicest stadiums we have been to.

Maybe if our fans from both schools talk it up enough we can get a series by 2010 or 2011.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I saw on YOGWF that they had plenty to say about this situation, basically saying it was McNeese's confusion or fault. YOGWF is an "elitest" group if there's such a thing.

Things like this ONLY happens in the inferior conferences right?

3rd Coast - if you've been reading any posts on here, which I am sure you have seen there has been numerous problems across the board this year. It has been unbelievable that so many schools are struggling with schedules. Of course, I am sure the SWAC has their share of "last minute realizations". I hope Cador knows when finals are this year. xnodx On another note, 3rd Coast - why isn't TSUBall updating the pictures on the main page? xwhistlex

3rd Coast Tiger
March 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
3rd Coast - if you've been reading any posts on here, which I am sure you have seen there has been numerous problems across the board this year. It has been unbelievable that so many schools are struggling with schedules. Of course, I am sure the SWAC has their share of "last minute realizations". I hope Cador knows when finals are this year. xnodx

My whole point is if you look around the entire NCAA (regardless of division) footprint, you'll find programs with conflicting schedules (not just the SWAC).

Now, one of your sister schools details their's with a Conference USA member, I'd believe you'd maybe back off your hard on I'm sorry I mean stance on ribbing the SWAC as your "symbolic" example of everything that is wrong with college athletics.

On another note, 3rd Coast - why isn't TSUBall updating the pictures on the main page? xwhistlex
You're an SID (well assistant), why don't you contact your fellow SID family member and ask him.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Well, Tulane...here you go! Includes word from McNeese and it looks like the New Orleans local ABC affiliate is on top of this one as well...

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/tulane/110610-scheduling-confusion-with-tulane-mcneese-football-game.html

McTailGator
March 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Nope,

We are gonna Sue to crap out of them or make them honor the contract...xrulesx

They have already admitted the mistake and contacted CUSA to tell them they need to move the SMU game to the end of the year.

McTailGator
March 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM

I hope we can get you guys in another home and home again Mike.

GSU and their fans are a class act, and we enjoyed both games and pregame activities.

McTailGator
March 14th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I know McNeese was very happy with the two game series we had in 2002 and 2003. I know I have heard talk about playing again as soon as possible. Maybe we can set up another home and home series. Right now I think McNeese has a hole in the 2010 schedule. Maybe our ADs could arrange it!

I have not talked to one McNeese fan that did not think Grambling and their fans were were 1st Class. We enjoyed both games and everyone I talked to thought you guys have one of the nicest stadiums we have been to.

Maybe if our fans from both schools talk it up enough we can get a series by 2010 or 2011.

HOLE in 2010...

I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks...

Have I missed something?

McTailGator
March 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I saw on YOGWF that they had plenty to say about this situation, basically saying it was McNeese's confusion or fault. YOGWF is an "elitest" group if there's such a thing.

3rd Coast - if you've been reading any posts on here, which I am sure you have seen there has been numerous problems across the board this year. It has been unbelievable that so many schools are struggling with schedules. Of course, I am sure the SWAC has their share of "last minute realizations". I hope Cador knows when finals are this year. xnodx On another note, 3rd Coast - why isn't TSUBall updating the pictures on the main page? xwhistlex

YOGWF is currently looking for some cajun seasoning to go with the words they are eating...xsmiley_wix

Perhaps they can find a good New Orleans Chef down there to make those words a bit easier to swallow. xlolx

JohnStOnge
March 14th, 2009, 01:01 PM
YOGWF is currently looking for some cajun seasoning to go with the words they are eating...xsmiley_wix

Perhaps they can find a good New Orleans Chef down there to make those words a bit easier to swallow. xlolx

Has Tulane commented yet? Last I saw in that linked article is a "source" said they said they were "trying" to move the SMU game but the school itself hadn't commented.

McTailGator
March 14th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Has Tulane commented yet? Last I saw in that linked article is a "source" said they said they were "trying" to move the SMU game but the school itself hadn't commented.

Apparently, Tulane has told our Athletic Department that they were going to move the SMU game to the end of the season.

Apparently CUSA screwed something up.

All is well...xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
March 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Apparently, Tulane has told our Athletic Department that they were going to move the SMU game to the end of the season.

Apparently CUSA screwed something up.

All is well...xthumbsupx

I'll feel better when I see Tulane announce a correction to its schedule.

TSUalum05
March 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
According to that link TT provided, Tulane will move their game with SMU to Thanksgiving weekend in N. Orleans. The Bayou Classic is thanksgiving weekend so I know they will have to come up with another idea....

nwFL Griz
March 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM
According to that link TT provided, Tulane will move their game with SMU to Thanksgiving weekend in N. Orleans. The Bayou Classic is thanksgiving weekend so I know they will have to come up with another idea....

I don't think that's really a big deal. The Bayou Classic is the 28th, correct? So play the Tulane-SMU game on Thursday or Friday. Or if the Saints have a game on Thanksgiving, play the game on Sunday.

JohnStOnge
March 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Everything I've seen, including the Tulane schedule at the start of this thread, has indicated that SMU is a road game for Tulane; so the Bayou Classic shouldn't be an issue.

McNeese72
March 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I don't think that's really a big deal. The Bayou Classic is the 28th, correct? So play the Tulane-SMU game on Thursday or Friday. Or if the Saints have a game on Thanksgiving, play the game on Sunday.

None of that comes into play. The SMU game was an away game for Tulane and it is still an away game but at the end of the season.

Doc

813Jag
March 14th, 2009, 06:15 PM
they won't be able to use the dome on Friday. I don't think Tulane has had a home game on any day of Bayou Classic week. but with the crowds Tulane draws they could use a local high school. xlolx

McNeese72
March 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
they won't be able to use the dome on Friday. I don't think Tulane has had a home game on any day of Bayou Classic week. but with the crowds Tulane draws they could use a local high school. xlolx

The SMU game is an away game in Dallas so it doesn't matter.

Doc

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Problem solved..

Tulane and McNeese State have resolved a mix-up in the date for their football game this fall, and, as a result, the Green Wave has wound up with an open date but also playing five of its last six games on the road, including the last three.

http://blog.nola.com/tulanebeat/2009/03/tulane_mcneese_solve_schedulin.html

McTailGator
March 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Tulane was scheduled to play AT SMU next year anyway.

TSUalum05
March 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Tulane was scheduled to play AT SMU next year anyway.

Thanks.

JohnStOnge
March 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Problem solved..

http://blog.nola.com/tulanebeat/2009/03/tulane_mcneese_solve_schedulin.html

I noticed they didn't say that the signed contract says September 26. They went through all kinds of reasons for why it had to end up like it ended up and never addressed the question of what the contract says.

Bigmoneymike
March 16th, 2009, 09:08 PM

xnodxxlolx