O17 @ Weber State ------
O24 Montana ------------
O31 Northern Arizona ---
N 7 @ Northern Colorado
N14 @ Montana State ----
N21 UC-Davis -----------

SactoHornetFan
March 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Probably one of the toughest schedules in FCS this year with 3 teams that made the NCAA Championship, a test at FBS UNLV and of course Causeway vs. ucdavis.

TSUalum05
March 7th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I lived in the Sacramento area for the first 20 years my life and even lived in sacramento for a few years and never attended a football game. I moved away in 2003. I attended one basketball game when they had Pugh (who could jump out the gym).

I remember a quarterback they always had in the Bee - I think his last name was Ray.

GOKATS
March 7th, 2009, 10:59 PM
That's a tough schedule. No room for error.

slostang
March 8th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Glad to see Sac State back on Cal Poly's schedule. This is a game that should be played every year.

BearsCountry
March 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I lived in the Sacramento area for the first 20 years my life and even lived in sacramento for a few years and never attended a football game. I moved away in 2003. I attended one basketball game when they had Pugh (who could jump out the gym).

I remember a quarterback they always had in the Bee - I think his last name was Ray.

Ricky Ray - he is a stud in the CFL.

SactoHornetFan
March 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Charles Roberts and Ricky Ray...the two best RB/QB duo in Hornet history!

ncbears
March 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Count on a loss on Nov 7th!!!

xnodxxnodx

Green Cookie Monster
March 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Glad to see Sac State back on Cal Poly's schedule. This is a game that should be played every year.

You should have standing room only, last time the game was played in Sac we drew 13,000+. Wonder who Spanos is pulling for?

slostang
March 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM
You should have standing room only, last time the game was played in Sac we drew 13,000+. Wonder who Spanos is pulling for?

They should call it the Spanos Classic. xnodx

Mustang Man
March 9th, 2009, 04:15 AM
They should call it the Spanos Classic. xnodx

That is not a bad idea.

TSUalum05
March 9th, 2009, 06:25 AM
If I remember correctly they have that classic for high school basketball.

Green Cookie Monster
March 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM
As long as we play for something a little more elegant than a toilet seat, er, horseshoe.

SactoHornetFan
March 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I prefer to call it The Green and Gold Bowl.

slostang
March 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I prefer to call it The Green and Gold Bowl.

That works too, but I don't care so much what they call it as long as they play it each year.

Are we going to see you and the Green Cookie Monster at the game? If so we are going to have to talk some football before the game over a couple of cold ones.xbeerchugx

SactoHornetFan
March 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
That works too, but I don't care so much what they call it as long as they play it each year.

Are we going to see you and the Green Cookie Monster at the game? If so we are going to have to talk some football before the game over a couple of cold ones.xbeerchugx

I should be able to roll down to SLO-town...:)

Green Cookie Monster
March 10th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Where I am at right now, going to SLO would be like a trip to Mars.
Bigskytv.org better cover this one.

I've been to the old stadium many times. It is a great rivalry and we should play each other annually, just wish you were coming to our house first to rekindle the series. I am excited about our incoming talent.

Just signed three more, Shinn is a 3 star.
http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/football/release.asp?release_id=7911

Green Laser
March 10th, 2009, 01:20 AM

I've been to the old stadium many times. It is a great rivalry and we should play each other annually, just wish you were coming to our house first to rekindle the series. I am excited about our incoming talent.

I might go if I can recover from the trip to Vegas the week before! It's a long boring drive to SLO, might be cool to take Amtrak, as I recall the station is close to the stadium.

slostang
March 10th, 2009, 08:13 AM

I don't think Bigskytv.org will cover it because Cal Poly will videostream it. I think they charge $7.95 for a single game.

I think that Marshall Sperbeck has done a great job at Sac State and he is doing a great job of recruiting. This serries should only get better and better.

The Amtrak station is about three miles from the stadium. That would be a fun weekend. I know there were quite a few Poly alumni on the train last year to San Diego.