PDA

View Full Version : JSU's stadium expansion moving up

Cocky
February 28th, 2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/photo_gallery.aspx?gallery=10

PaladinFan
February 28th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I thought youre stadium was one of the nicer FCS fields I'd been to. Why the upgrades?

SandMountainDemon
February 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Probably because of their anticipated jump to FBS in 2013, plus the dorm part of the stadium has been much needed due to the degraded condition of many of the current dormitories on campus. I really do not see the need for the increased stadium capacity, as JSU home game attendance is always fighting to compete with Auburn/Alabama home games, the Talladega fall NASCAR race, and the fact that JSU is a suitcase college.

Cocky
February 28th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Our President was interviewed tonight during halftime of the basketball game, he stated the expansion was for the move to FBS. He didn't give a timeframe but did state this as the reason.

Redbirdz
March 1st, 2009, 10:07 AM
What did the president say exactly? I would think when a Sun Belt spot opens, JSU would apply once the moratorium is over.

Add another national championship to your list of JSU credits, gymnastics. This happened when still Div. II I think.

TexasTerror
March 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
Good thing Jax St left the SFL for the OVC...

If they didn't, they'd still be dreaming about success in FCS - because at least in the OVC, they are always competing for the league title. Was not the case in the SFL...

slycat
March 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Those are some nice looking upgrades

Cocky
March 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
What did the president say exactly? I would think when a Sun Belt spot opens, JSU would apply once the moratorium is over.

Add another national championship to your list of JSU credits, gymnastics. This happened when still Div. II I think.

I could also add rifle but too much trouble.
He basically said the upgrades are being made to be prepared for the move to FBS but no date has been set and no official decision has been made.

jaxstatealum
March 2nd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Good thing Jax St left the SFL for the OVC...

If they didn't, they'd still be dreaming about success in FCS - because at least in the OVC, they are always competing for the league title. Was not the case in the SFL...

True, good thing we left xrolleyesx

UCAMonkey
March 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM

Cocky and Redbirdz are you claiming that JSU has the triple crown all in the same year?

U of Michigan also has National Championships in football, basketball and baseball but not in the same year.

Cocky
March 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Michigan was voted the football champion we won ours on the field. If you could vote yourself basketball and baseball Alabama-Tuscaloosa would be a multiple champion of both.

appsfan
March 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/photo_gallery.aspx?gallery=10

It looks nice and it makes me think a bit of the expanded Kidd Brewer Stadium at ASU.xthumbsupx

Redbirdz
March 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Monkey, didn't know about Michigan. No ours were not all in the same year but we had a fourth in gymnastics so maybe that counts for something.

Cocky
March 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
I believe Ohio State could stake the same claim as Michigan.