PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Top 20 Club

HPCAT
November 23rd, 2005, 06:01 PM
I noticed that only 3 teams are in the top 20 in both offense and defense.

They are:

Texas State

Nicholls State

Appalachian State

I like balanced teams, in that if one aspect of the game is not hitting on all cylinders, the other may be strong enough to carry the team to victory.

People talk about the NSU rushing offense, but their defense is very good, much better than Furman's, I see this game being much closer than most people think.

Some rankings that suprised me on defense were :

GSU - 69

Furman - 71

New Hampshire - 100

On offense Montana comes in at 84, can their defense keep them in the game long enough for their offense to score some points ?

Just some interesting points to cuss and discuss. :)

UNHknowledge
November 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
UNH is #100 all because of yards given up, which is mostly from the 3rd and 4th stringers in second halfs. They are #1 in creating turnovers and pretty high in sacks. UNH D also leads the country in downs played because of the run and gun offense that uses very little clock and often has 3 and outs that take only about 12 sec of the clock. Everybody gets on UNH's D because they give up yards but I'd rather them give up yards and be 10-1 than give up few yards and be 7-4 like UMass. It is impossible to go 20-4 in 2 years and only 3 A-10 losses (2 to W&M) with bad defense. Best defense in the country? Not at all, but don't let the #100 ranking fool you.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM

They are:

Texas State

Nicholls State

Appalachian State

I like balanced teams, in that if one aspect of the game is not hitting on all cylinders, the other may be strong enough to carry the team to victory.

People talk about the NSU rushing offense, but their defense is very good, much better than Furman's, I see this game being much closer than most people think.

GSU - 69

Furman - 71

New Hampshire - 100

On offense Montana comes in at 84, can their defense keep them in the game long enough for their offense to score some points ?

and with my 200th post I shall say this, Most of the yardage damage is done late when UNH has there starters out and there are third stringers in. late in games New Hampshire has a bend but dont break defense, they give up the yards, but come up with the big defensive plays when they needs to

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2005, 08:10 PM
ON KEELER'S FINAL RADIO SHOW TAH-NITE.....HE MENTIONED DAT UMA$$......WUDDA BEEN DUH BEST REP FROM DUH A-10 (had dey qualified) BECAUSE DEY WERE DUH COMPLETE PACKAGE.......GOOD RUNNIN' or PASSIN' GAME..(fo' bad weather...runnin' is uh must)....&....STRONG DEFENSE!......WHAT DUH HEY.....AM AH BABBLIN' 'BOUT?....xprost2x......AWK!

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM
How's this for a top 20 team? Montana has been in the SportsNetwork top 25 poll for 113 consecutive polls. The last time we dropped out of the poll was 1997 when we started the season at 3-3. We finsished 1997 at 8-4 and in the playoffs.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
ON KEELER'S FINAL RADIO SHOW TAH-NITE.....HE MENTIONED DAT UMA$$......WUDDA BEEN DUH BEST REP FROM DUH A-10 (had dey qualified) BECAUSE DEY WERE DUH COMPLETE PACKAGE.......GOOD RUNNIN' or PASSIN' GAME..(fo' bad weather...runnin' is uh must)....&....STRONG DEFENSE!......WHAT DUH HEY.....AM AH BABBLIN' 'BOUT?....xprost2x......AWK!

they woulda been the best huh? they lost to colgate, UNH and Hofstra ya they woulda represented us well :S

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
they woulda been the best huh? they lost to colgate, UNH and Hofstra ya they woulda represented us well :S

AH'M PULLIN' FO' DUH CATS...BUT KEELERS POINT WAS...DAT SOMEWHERE ALONG DUH PLAY-OFF LINE........YA'LL WILL PROBABLY MEET BAD WEATHER....AN' TEAMS AS ONE DIMENSIONAL AS DUH 'CATS....MIGHT ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTY!..............'03 HENS....PLAYED UNI IN NEWARK SNOW....YER LIABLE TA HAVE SNOW DIS WEEKEND......AH'M NOT SAYIN'...JES' SAYIN'!......AWK!....&....CAN'T WAIT TA SEE DUH WILDCATS ON SATURDAY TV!.................:hurray:...................BRA WK!

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
AH'M PULLIN' FO' DUH CATS...BUT KEELERS POINT WAS...DAT SOMEWHERE ALONG DUH PLAY-OFF LINE........YA'LL WILL PROBABLY MEET BAD WEATHER....AN' TEAMS AS ONE DIMENSIONAL AS DUH 'CATS....MIGHT ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTY!..............'03 HENS....PLAYED UNI IN NEWARK SNOW....YER LIABLE TA HAVE SNOW DIS WEEKEND......AH'M NOT SAYIN'...JES' SAYIN'!......AWK!....&....CAN'T WAIT TA SEE DUH WILDCATS ON SATURDAY TV!.................:hurray:...................BRA WK!

look up the UNI score that was in a downpour mudbowl game conditions, and we only scored 50+ points and held URI to 9 im not converned about bad weather

Tod
November 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
How's this for a top 20 team? Montana has been in the SportsNetwork top 25 poll for 113 consecutive polls. The last time we dropped out of the poll was 1997 when we started the season at 3-3. We finsished 1997 at 8-4 and in the playoffs.

Ronbo, stop, for God's sake! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM

They are:

Texas State

Nicholls State

Appalachian State

GSU - 69

Furman - 71

New Hampshire - 100

SIU was topranked in both last year and lost in the first round. It's just numbers.

dirtbag
November 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
and with my 200th post I shall say this, Most of the yardage damage is done late when UNH has there starters out and there are third stringers in. late in games New Hampshire has a bend but dont break defense, they give up the yards, but come up with the big defensive plays when they needs to

So, the third stringers are the ones really talented at bending but not breaking? Maybe they should teach that to the starters...

SCORE BY QUARTERS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
---------------------- --- --- --- --- ---
UNH Opponents........... 64 62 57 61 - 244

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM
look up the UNI score that was in a downpour mudbowl game conditions, and we only scored 50+ points and held URI to 9 im not converned about bad weather

AN' YA'LL WERE PLAYIN' RHODE ISLAND.....NOT APPALACHIAN STATE!

WELL CAT FREAK......KEELER...HAS UH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RING......AN' WHAT YA'LL GOT.......BATHTUB RING?.........TRIED TA BE NICE....BUT YA'LL SHOWED YER CLAWS!................BAWK!

AH'M STILL ROOTIN' FO' SPIDAHS & 'CATS!.......:hyped:.......AWK!

colgate13
November 24th, 2005, 09:43 PM
So, the third stringers are the ones really talented at bending but not breaking? Maybe they should teach that to the starters...

SCORE BY QUARTERS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
---------------------- --- --- --- --- ---
UNH Opponents........... 64 62 57 61 - 244

ooooo.... that's a heck of a stat! xlolx

UNHknowledge
November 25th, 2005, 05:54 PM
ooooo.... that's a heck of a stat! xlolx

Yeah buddy...almost as cool as the stat that actually matters. W's 10!

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2005, 06:26 PM

If there was ever a jinx, that was it! :)

putter
November 25th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I have to agree with your comment about Montana's defense. Here is a stat for you....Montana's defense has given up 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games and have scored 3 touchdowns in those same games!! We need our O to step or it will be 1 or maybe 2 and done.