PDA

View Full Version : UCA's OC Heads to Northwestern State

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Football Scoop reports that UCA's offensive coordinator Todd Cooley is heading to Northwestern State, which I am hearing is near 100% a deal ...

This is how the position became open...a very tragic happening.

http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93049&SPID=11371&ATCLID=3671521&DB_OEM_ID=20000

While Conque was the one that continually got rumored to go, it's Cooley who is heading to the SLC school south of Conway, Arkansas...

BEAR
February 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
WOW! Now we need a Defensive Coordinator and an Offensive Coordinator! Hey assistants...get your resume in quick! You have the once in a lifetime opportunity to work with a great head coach and classy person in Conque! Good luck to Cooley! xthumbsupx

McNeese75
February 18th, 2009, 08:17 PM
xconfusedx The OC of one SLC school bolts to take the same job at another SLC school??? What gives? Based on the last couple years he obviously did a fairly good job although with Brown running the team it might not have been that hard of one.

Money? (I doubt it) Pevato?? I guess its possible but still seems strange.

BEAR
February 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
xconfusedx The OC of one SLC school bolts to take the same job at another SLC school??? What gives? Based on the last couple years he obviously did a fairly good job although with Brown running the team it might not have been that hard of one.

Money? (I doubt it) Pevato?? I guess its possible but still seems strange.

He actually has immediate family in that area. I guess he missed them enough to want to move there. Can't blame him. Anyway, it's just another move and another coach will replace him. But he will be missed....and Nathan must have made it easy for him. xlolx

Purple Pride
February 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Already been replaced. xthumbsupx

UCABEARS75
February 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Sister andd brother-in-law live there; one of his best friends is on staff at NWST.; chance to "shine" somewhere other than with Clint (thus polishing up his resume).

Nothing sinister here.

UCAMonkey
February 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Already been replaced. xthumbsupx

You are talking about the DC not the OC correct?

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=2937

Purple Pride
February 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
You are talking about the DC not the OC correct?

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=2937
oopsxoopsx

BEAR
February 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Big announcement coming soon for Bear fans! Stay tuned!:D

McNeese75
February 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
With that stud tranfer QB coming in I figured CC would not need an OC this year :D

UCABEARS75
February 20th, 2009, 09:19 AM
With that stud tranfer QB coming in I figured CC would not need an OC this year :D

Clint has been his own OC before, could do it again.

BEAR
February 20th, 2009, 12:13 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx xrolleyesxxcoolx

Nice....an automated team....it's what all head coaches dream of..xthumbsupx

Reporter: "So coach, how you gonna set up the offense this season?"

Conque: "Easy. I have the "play the season out" option on my XBOX. I get all the plays before the real season starts just by inputing the players from the other teams into my game. That's why we don't need OC or DC or assistants anymore. It's automated! .......(brief pause) Want some Looisiana Ditch Lobsters?" xthumbsupx

jmufan999
February 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM
i am going to be writing an article in the next few days (if i don't put it off); Bomar and Nathan Brown will be covered, so make sure you check it out. can't give you any more info than that!