PDA

View Full Version : Dayton on future YSU schedules?

DetroitFlyer
November 23rd, 2005, 09:07 AM
As a Flyer alum and big time fan, I have been lobbying for this game for a long time. With only 2 1-AA teams in Ohio, this is a game that should occur every year. Granted, YSU would always be favored, but UD gets some outstanding athletes and is one of the best coached teams in the land. An upset every now and then is not out of the question. Recently, there were some posts suggesting that YSU was looking to add Dayton or Robert Morris to future schedules. I was so excited that I could not see straight! Well, I talked with the AD at Dayton, and he told me that YSU has not contacted Dayton to the best of his knowledge. YSU fans, contact your AD and tell him you want to play Dayton. Dayton would like a home and home opportunity, and with both schools being in Ohio, our fans would travel to both sites to see the games, helping both programs! To be honest, YSU could offer Dayton a "money game" at YSU and a home game at Welcome Stadium. Let's make this happen!!!!!

ysubigred
November 23rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
As a Flyer alum and big time fan, I have been lobbying for this game for a long time. With only 2 1-AA teams in Ohio, this is a game that should occur every year. Granted, YSU would always be favored, but UD gets some outstanding athletes and is one of the best coached teams in the land. An upset every now and then is not out of the question. Recently, there were some posts suggesting that YSU was looking to add Dayton or Robert Morris to future schedules. I was so excited that I could not see straight! Well, I talked with the AD at Dayton, and he told me that YSU has not contacted Dayton to the best of his knowledge. YSU fans, contact your AD and tell him you want to play Dayton. Dayton would like a home and home opportunity, and with both schools being in Ohio, our fans would travel to both sites to see the games, helping both programs! To be honest, YSU could offer Dayton a "money game" at YSU and a home game at Welcome Stadium. Let's make this happen!!!!!

Nice try. That's why it's called a money game. You get no return home game. You all could replace Slippery Rock. YSU's home opener every year :dizzy: