PDA

View Full Version : Video of SIU's new stadium

Killsback
February 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, people it is truly going to happen. Ground breaking is set for March 3, 2009. Here is the newest video of the project....

http://web.me.com/saluki1/Dawg_Tracker/Saluki_Way_Video.html

MplsBison
February 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Any thought of SIU moving up to FBS?

Dane96
February 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah...after they put in field turf!

CSUBUCDAD
February 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Freakin sweet.

R3TRO
February 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Very inspirational music.. makes me want to paint my face Blue/White and wear a kilt..

89Hen
February 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Is 15k the right size? Seems like they could have had a little more. xpeacex

Killsback
February 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM
15K is about right. The idea was to be able to have sell outs and make it a tough ticket to get. There are plans to be able to add on if it becomes necessary in the future.

furman94
February 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
What is the average attendance for SIU games?

danefan
February 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
What is the average attendance for SIU games?

9055 last year.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

BearsCountry
February 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
15K is about right. The idea was to be able to have sell outs and make it a tough ticket to get. There are plans to be able to add on if it becomes necessary in the future.

Thats about the same as us, UNI and Illinois Stae.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Thats about the same as us, UNI and Illinois Stae.

Interesting that the new stadium will be smaller than the current one IIRC from my visit in November.

BTW, I don't care how old the stands are at McAndrew. Can we have one side? They'd be a terrific upgrade over our current visitor's side stands! xwhistlex xbowx xrotatehx xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

crunifan
February 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Very nice. Nice to see MVC schools upgrading facilities.

Assuming Evansville gets the new stadium they are gunning for, that makes half the MVC basketball schools with new (or newly remodeled) arenas within the last 5 years or so.

Also, I love how you guys have Floorburn U in your arena!

Killsback
February 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Most of the graphics are just for the video and are not etched in stone as to what will actually be on the walls. can't wait for both facilities to open.

89Hen
February 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
What is your general breakdown of students/alumni/locals at games? SIU is a pretty big school, isn't it?

Killsback
February 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
For football we probably get around 1500 to 2000 students to go to the games. The remaining are alums, and people from southern Illinois. For basketball we generally get around 1000 students to games.

Uncle Buck
February 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Very cool stadium and facility.

BearsCountry
February 18th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Assuming Evansville gets the new stadium they are gunning for, that makes half the MVC basketball schools with new (or newly remodeled) arenas within the last 5 years or so.

You know facilities are great in your league when Knapp Center, Carver Arena and Redbird Arena will be the worst in the league.

dgreco
February 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
footbll still seems small, 15,000?

Basketball upgrades seem very nice though.

Also, what does Floorburn U. mean?

nmatsen
February 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Did I seriously just see a MSU fan compare UNI's attendence to MSU, Illinois State, and SIU?

Wow, I have got to quit smoking crack before noon.

kirkblitz
February 18th, 2009, 04:22 PM
thats it 440 backed seats?

JayJ79
February 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
thats it 440 backed seats?

There are people who are set in the opinion that "real football is only played outside" (or on grass). And that real football stadiums can't have tracks around them.

Well, perhaps I should say that real football stadiums should have bleachers (i.e. no seat backs). What do you need seat backs for? you should be busy cheering. :p

apaladin
February 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Don't really understand the horseshoe design for 15,000 seats. Furman seats 16,000 with 10,000 on the home side and 6,000 on the visitors side and there is not a bad seat. Just saying you would have better views by going higher on the home side. Why have that many end zone seats for 15,000 total.

kirkblitz
February 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
There are people who are set in the opinion that "real football is only played outside" (or on grass). And that real football stadiums can't have tracks around them.

Well, perhaps I should say that real football stadiums should have bleachers (i.e. no seat backs). What do you need seat backs for? you should be busy cheering. :p

haha i dont sit at my games but you can sell them for more. besides who doesnt love cup holders? xnodx

dgreco
February 18th, 2009, 08:41 PM
haha i dont sit at my games but you can sell them for more. besides who doesnt love cup holders? xnodx

might not even have cupholders. Bryant has 300 seat back with armrests and non of them have cupholders and they are more uncomfortable than the bleachers.

They are too hot to sit in during the fall when it is still hot out(black plastic gets warm), but they are nice when it is colder and the bleachers are freezing.