PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Bryant Schedule

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 06:33 AM
not released yet, but I played around on the website and found it!

September
Sat 5 Southern Connecticut 1:00 pm
Sat 12 Hofstra 1:00 pm
Sat 19 bye
Sat 26 at Robert Morris TBA
October
Sat 3 Wagner 1:00 pm
Sat 10 at Fordham TBA
Sat 17 at Albany TBA
Sat 24 Central Connecticut 1:00 pm
Sat 31 at Monmouth TBA
November
Sat 7 at Sacred Heart TBA
Sat 14 Saint Francis (PA) 12:00 pm
Sat 21 at Duquesne TBA

danefan
February 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
not released yet, but I played around on the website and found it!

September
Sat 5 Southern Connecticut 1:00 pm
Sat 12 Hofstra 1:00 pm
Sat 19 bye
Sat 26 at Robert Morris TBA
October
Sat 3 Wagner 1:00 pm
Sat 10 at Fordham TBA
Sat 17 at Albany TBA
Sat 24 Central Connecticut 1:00 pm
Sat 31 at Monmouth TBA
November
Sat 7 at Sacred Heart TBA
Sat 14 Saint Francis (PA) 12:00 pm
Sat 21 at Duquesne TBA

http://www.bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/2009/schedule

I had been trying that link with Bryant's schedule for a few days now to see if Albany was on there. They must have just updated it yesterday.

Its a good schedule for Bryant, but I agree with your thoughts on the Southern Conn. game. They are a good DII team and right now Bryant is any further along than full scholly DII teams. And they'll be gunning for you guys to "prove" that they can hang with DI teams.

danefan
February 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Bryant won't post it until July sometime.

Will you jump off a cliff when Bryant beats URI in a few years?

You have such a hangup with Bryant. xeyebrowx

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM

it is comical isn't it?

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 08:42 AM

did not link to the website, but everytime I would check schedule it was 2008/

and I was trying 2009/ for about a month it was a dead page, last week it was active and today it had the schedule.

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM

I had been trying that link with Bryant's schedule for a few days now to see if Albany was on there. They must have just updated it yesterday.

Its a good schedule for Bryant, but I agree with your thoughts on the Southern Conn. game. They are a good DII team and right now Bryant is any further along than full scholly DII teams. And they'll be gunning for you guys to "prove" that they can hang with DI teams.

The schedule seems to not set up great for us, I can see us with 2 wins going into November or 0 wins going into november as a worst case. I think there is a chance for 4-4 if they play well, but you never know.

danefan
February 13th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Not knowing what you guys have coming back, but based on last year I can see the following:

September
Sat 5 Southern Connecticut 1:00 pm - WIN
Sat 12 Hofstra 1:00 pm - LOSS
Sat 19 bye
Sat 26 at Robert Morris TBA - WIN
October
Sat 3 Wagner 1:00 pm - WIN
Sat 10 at Fordham TBA - LOSS
Sat 17 at Albany TBA - LOSS
Sat 24 Central Connecticut 1:00 pm - LOSS
Sat 31 at Monmouth TBA - LOSS
November
Sat 7 at Sacred Heart TBA - Toss up
Sat 14 Saint Francis (PA) 12:00 pm - WIN
Sat 21 at Duquesne TBA - LOSS

Yeah, it could be a tough year. And you won't sneak up on anyone in the NEC.

I expect that you'll be Albany's homecoming opponent too. That could be rough.

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 08:50 AM
a fe wmore long road trips this year. That killed them in the Marist game and luckily the SFPA was in the snow so it was a slower game.

I think CCSU is the only possible winable game in October outside of Wagner, Bryant plays great at home, something like 18-2 over the last 3 years at home and it will be a big crowd. It will most likely be parents/family weekend which gets the 5,500-6,000 range for them.

UNHWildCats
February 13th, 2009, 09:12 AM

did not link to the website, but everytime I would check schedule it was 2008/

and I was trying 2009/ for about a month it was a dead page, last week it was active and today it had the schedule.

Had to have gone up first thing this morning, cause I checked every website before bed last nite and around midnite it wasnt there.

aceinthehole
February 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
A great schedule for Bryant! xthumbsupx

8 NEC games (that will be the full conference schedule when you officially join)

1 D-II game (home game vs. a strong regional program and former conference rival)

2 AQ conference teams - (playing 2 road contests at Fordham and Hofstra is a great PL/CAA combo for a Northeast team)

---
IMO - CCSU will be bigger/faster than last year, and we may finally have this QB thing in better shape. I don't think Bryant has much of a chance, but that's why you play the games. I'm still of the opinion that the NEC will be the same 3-team race again this year.

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 09:31 AM
A great schedule for Bryant! xthumbsupx

8 NEC games (that will be the full conference schedule when you officially join)

1 D-II game (home game vs. a strong regional program and former conference rival)

2 AQ conference teams - (playing 2 road contests at Fordham and Hofstra is a great PL/CAA combo for a Northeast team)

---
IMO - CCSU will be bigger/faster than last year, and we may finally have this QB thing in better shape. I don't think Bryant has much of a chance, but that's why you play the games. I'm still of the opinion that the NEC will be the same 3-team race again this year.

Hofstra is at home, which is huge for them.

I am hoping for a Bryant over CCSU win because other than Wagner there is no chance on the road and CCSU is the only other home team in October. I think last year the CCSU game might of been a surprise type game and they will not get lucky with that this year.

aceinthehole
February 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hofstra is at home, which is huge for them.

I am hoping for a Bryant over CCSU win because other than Wagner there is no chance on the road and CCSU is the only other home team in October. I think last year the CCSU game might of been a surprise type game and they will not get lucky with that this year.

oops. A Home game vs Hoftsra is huge!!!

For the record, last year CCSU sources reported that we were going to host Hofstra in 2009, so I wonder if we had something to with your home game.

As for the SCSU game (I read your other post), you're right. Its a tough opponent and rival that will give you a battle. I'm sure you could have picked anothe NE-10 team as fodder, but I think this type of game is better for the team.

Bryant won't sneak up on anyone in the NEC (in football or basketball) anymore. They are proving to be a team ready for the D-I level.

Original_RMC
February 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Date: September 26, 2009
Opponent: Bryant
Kick off time: 1pm

RMU Homecoming!

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 12:22 PM
so every bryant away game will be a homecoming or family weekend it looks like. at least until the SHU game.

nwFL Griz
February 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Quick question for those in the know. Bryant has Fordham scheduled for Oct 10. However, this would give Fordham 12 games....anyone know who is getting dropped by Fordham?

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 01:16 PM
^unless I am counting wrong Fordham has 10 games and with Bryant will give them 11. They will have the first two weeks off.

Libertine
February 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Fordham is at URI on 9/5.

danefan
February 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Fordham is at URI on 9/5.

Not according to Fordham they aren't:

The Rams are scheduled to open their 110th season of varsity football on Saturday, September 12th, when they travel to Kingston, R.I., to take on the University of Rhode Island. Fordham is entering its 20th season as a member of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) Patriot League.

http://fordhamsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021309aab.html

URI says 9/5 though:
http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/uri-m-footbl-sched.html

Fordham and URI screwed up scheduling last year too - Fordham was scheduled to be at Albany the same day that they were scheduled to be at Rhode Island.

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM
^if that is the case does that mean Dayton was kicked off the schedule?

nwFL Griz
February 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ok here's what I have for Fordham:

9/5 @URI
9/12 Dayton
9/19 Columbia
9/26 @Colgate
10/3 ODU
10/10 Bryant
10/17 @Cornell
10/24 @Lafayette
10/31 Holy Cross
11/7 Bucknell
11/14 Lehigh
11/21 @Georgetown

So who's off?

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 02:30 PM
^I am thinking that since Fordham has from a release today that their opener is Sept 12th vs. URI that might be more accurate. Since Dayton hasn't released a schedule it could be they are no longer on the Fordham schedule and URI replaced them.

UNHWildCats
February 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM
^I am thinking that since Fordham has from a release today that their opener is Sept 12th vs. URI that might be more accurate. Since Dayton hasn't released a schedule it could be they are no longer on the Fordham schedule and URI replaced them.
yea but Fordham hasnt release its schedule yet, thats just a small blurb in a article about recruits... so it could easily have been a typo.

nwFL Griz
February 13th, 2009, 03:11 PM

yea but Fordham hasnt release its schedule yet, thats just a small blurb in a article about recruits... so it could easily have been a typo.

Not to mention URI has posted their schedule showing Fordham on 9/5. (http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/uri-m-footbl-sched.html) I realize that URI is open on the 12th so it is a small matter to move Fordham from the 5th to the 12th.

danefan
February 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Not to mention URI has posted their schedule showing Fordham on 9/5. (http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/uri-m-footbl-sched.html) I realize that URI is open on the 12th so it is a small matter to move Fordham from the 5th to the 12th.

Posted schedules don't mean much though, especially with these two schools.

Last year all three schools, URI, Albany and Fordham has officially released their schedules with the conflicting games on them. I wrote an email to our AD and he was geniunly surprised, he really thought that he had the game locked up with Fordham.

Original_RMC
February 13th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Bryant's Fans travel well?
Homecoming at Robert Morris is a lot of fun with a lot of football almuns attending the event.
We have an annual flag football game at the stadium to start the day.

dgreco
February 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Bryant's Fans travel well?
Homecoming at Robert Morris is a lot of fun with a lot of football almuns attending the event.
We have an annual flag football game at the stadium to start the day.

I know they bring between a decent amount depending on the travel. I think to the CCSU game they brought about 500, the word at the Iona game said almost 700 people. I know in NE-10 games they would bring about 1,000+ but all those games are really close. I do not know how well they will travel to RMU though, that is a long trip. The school will have buses for students which will bring a few hundred I suppose, but not sure about those general fans/alum's.

Seawolf97
February 13th, 2009, 04:46 PM
That is a solid looking schedule -with Hofstra at home.

nwFL Griz
February 13th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Posted schedules don't mean much though, especially with these two schools.

Last year all three schools, URI, Albany and Fordham has officially released their schedules with the conflicting games on them. I wrote an email to our AD and he was geniunly surprised, he really thought that he had the game locked up with Fordham.

True, I remember it well. It's a shame you can't rely on the "official" release.

dgreco
February 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I agree, I would rather us get back Marist or try to keep a UMass even if it is a whipping. the SCSU game scares me. They play IUP the week before at home, if they win they are on a high, if they lose they are looking to beat a rival to make up for the loss.

Bulldog Fan
February 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I agree......SCSU has been a tough opponent for Bryant. I am happy we play them at home. Overall, I like the schedule. Bryant will keep every game close and I won't be suprised if they win at least one against Albany, Hofstra or Fordham.

danefan
February 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I agree......SCSU has been a tough opponent for Bryant. I am happy we play them at home. Overall, I like the schedule. Bryant will keep every game close and I won't be suprised if they win at least one against Albany, Hofstra or Fordham.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bryant knock off Fordham.

I'd be very surprised if it were Albany or Hofstra, just based on last year.

Hofstra 14
UMass 28

Albany 16
UMass 28

Bryant 7
Umass 42

dgreco
February 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
the only advantage Bryant has vs. Hofstra is a possible 6,500 person crowd and their great play at home. I really think Albany they will not have a chance.

Uncle Buck
February 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
the only advantage Bryant has vs. Hofstra is a possible 6,500 person crowd and their great play at home. I really think Albany they will not have a chance.

Well, if we have Cory Christopher at QB and all of the injuries we had this year again next year, you might have a shot. This HU team will be coming in much improved and a lot more experienced that last year's patchwork squad.

The only thing Brant has going for them is that it will be at their place, but either way, not being a homer, HU should win this game without question.

Bulldog Fan
February 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM
There will be a Bryant QB battle this spring between last season's back up Kurt Spear - senior and Mike Croce - junior transfer from Merrimack College.

dgreco
February 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM
There will be a Bryant QB battle this spring between last season's back up Kurt Spear - senior and Mike Croce - junior transfer from Merrimack College.

idk much about Kurt Spear I saw him in that one game last year vs. UMass and he did decent. I hope we can have a bigger kid in the pocket who can see over his linemen and be able to throw the ball down the field. Charlie was really good, but he was small and didn't have a really strong arm and last year Graber didn't have a really strong arm.

Bulldog Fan
February 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bryant knock off Fordham.

I'd be very surprised if it were Albany or Hofstra, just based on last year.

Hofstra 14
UMass 28

Albany 16
UMass 28

Bryant 7
Umass 42

Bryant simply did not play well against UMASS. What is interesting is that Bryant has most of their starters returning next year. All but one starter on defense will return along with the majority of our offense. We will need to replace our QB, TE along with two OL.

dgreco
February 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I think it will be good that the freshman DB, Samaad Wagstaff.. i think, is back. He went out early in the year, but he was making a big impact back there.

Bulldog Fan
February 15th, 2009, 05:47 PM
idk much about Kurt Spear I saw him in that one game last year vs. UMass and he did decent. I hope we can have a bigger kid in the pocket who can see over his linemen and be able to throw the ball down the field. Charlie was really good, but he was small and didn't have a really strong arm and last year Graber didn't have a really strong arm.

Kurt is good size, comparable to Graber but with a stronger arm. He really hasn't played much over the past three years. The UMASS game was his only real playing time.

Bulldog Fan
February 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I think it will be good that the freshman DB is back. He went out early in the year, but he was making a big impact back there.

Also, Captain Mike Morgan DB (hurt last year) will return for his 5th year and Kevin Menawonu DB - (also hurt last year) will be back along with Samad Wagstaff.

b-dog
February 15th, 2009, 05:54 PM
bryant does have a young team but has alot of returning starters. they should hold their own an have a few surprise wins along the way. they should not have surprised anybody last year if they were properly scouted as they have very large lineman on both sides as c conn found out last year in what was a great game.