PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Awards....

AppGuy04
November 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=217077

App takes:
7 of 15 on 1st team offense
3 on 1st team defense
2 on 2nd team defense

Richie Williams only unanimous selection on offense
Katon Bethay(Wofford) and John Mohring(GSU) unanimous on defense

Individual awards:
Offensive Player of the Year: Richie Williams, Appalachian State

Defensive Players of the Year: Chad Nkang, Elon & Katon Bethay, Wofford

Coach of the Year: Jerry Moore, Appalachian State

Freshman of the Year: Dedrick Bynum, Georgia Southern

Jacobs Blocking Trophy: Matt Isenhour, Appalachian State

dungeonjoe
November 22nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
looks like good selections all around

AndrewFU21
November 22nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
No Jerome Felton or William Freeman on the first team? Very surprising.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
No Jerome Felton or William Freeman on the first team? Very surprising.

Jerome didn't surprise me. We spread the rushing yards around to so many different people. Freeman surprised me.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
And Congratulations to Coach Moore, Hope it shuts up some of the people screaming for his head last year. He did not deserve that rant.

blueballs
November 22nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
I've got to question the rationale for some of these selections.

Somebody thinks that there are two better RB's (since he's not unanimous) in the SoCon than Jermaine Austin??????? Whoever thinks that doesn't know much football...

WCU has more o-linemen make all conference than GSU, who only led the nation in rushing and averaged 38 ppg????????????

No William Freeman???????????????????????

There's another kid who rushed for over 1300 yards and 16 td's and got NO mention...

SMFH

SoCon48
November 22nd, 2005, 03:36 PM
And Congratulations to Coach Moore, Hope it shuts up some of the people screaming for his head last year. He did not deserve that rant.

Aaaamen.

DinoDex200
November 22nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
I've got to question the rationale for some of these selections.

Somebody thinks that there are two better RB's (since he's not unanimous) in the SoCon than Jermaine Austin??????? Whoever thinks that doesn't know much football...

WCU has more o-linemen make all conference than GSU, who only led the nation in rushing and averaged 38 ppg????????????

No William Freeman???????????????????????

There's another kid who rushed for over 1300 yards and 16 td's and got NO mention...

SMFH

They always pick more than one running back so there can't be unanimous picks...and Kevin Richardson was very deserving. Led the conference in all purpose yards, had as many TD's as Austin, and was one of the tops in the SoCon in total receptions. Buckley was a pleasant surprise for Chatt. No way Austin is clear cut favorite over them this year...it's not a career award.

As for Foster...he has to wait his turn. I am sure he would have made it if not for Richie or Dingle Martin. Which one would you replace?

FU97
November 22nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Can't quite understand the lack of William Freeman on the first team. Hopefully he takes this a motivation to prove what a great player he is.

catamount man
November 22nd, 2005, 06:37 PM
10 WCU Catamounts make first or second SoCon teams, and yes, congrats to Jerry Moore. The idiots in Boone who called for his head are, indeed, IDIOTS! Happy Thanksgiving and GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

http://catamountsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112205aab.html

SoCon48
November 22nd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Can't quite understand the lack of William Freeman on the first team. Hopefully he takes this a motivation to prove what a great player he is.

He's too fat. ;)

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 08:03 AM
He's too fat. ;)

:p :D

FU97
November 23rd, 2005, 08:18 AM
He's too fat. ;)

I'll keep this post around just in case he gets the pleasure of playing ASU again. :D

blueballs
November 23rd, 2005, 08:46 AM
They always pick more than one running back so there can't be unanimous picks...and Kevin Richardson was very deserving. Led the conference in all purpose yards, had as many TD's as Austin, and was one of the tops in the SoCon in total receptions. Buckley was a pleasant surprise for Chatt. No way Austin is clear cut favorite over them this year...it's not a career award.

As for Foster...he has to wait his turn. I am sure he would have made it if not for Richie or Dingle Martin. Which one would you replace?

No argument with the ASU kid Richardson. He had a great year.

So you would take the Chatty kid over Austin? :confused: Austin went for 1399 yards, 13 TD's and his season isn't over but yet somebody thinks there are two RB's better in the SoCon?????????

On the one hand you say it isn't a career award, then two sentences later you say a kid has to wait his turn. Which is it?

I just find it really hard to believe that ANY player could go for 1300+ yeards and 16 TD's and not get ANY all conference recognition (FWIW I would have named him as a "utility player").

I truly hope the GSU kids- Austin, Foster, Tarik Muhammed, Lance Wayne, use this blatent disrespect as a motivational tool this coming Saturday. I know I would be chomping at the bit to show up these voters on national TV.

eagleskins
November 23rd, 2005, 05:24 PM
No argument with the ASU kid Richardson. He had a great year.

So you would take the Chatty kid over Austin? :confused: Austin went for 1399 yards, 13 TD's and his season isn't over but yet somebody thinks there are two RB's better in the SoCon?????????

On the one hand you say it isn't a career award, then two sentences later you say a kid has to wait his turn. Which is it?

I just find it really hard to believe that ANY player could go for 1300+ yeards and 16 TD's and not get ANY all conference recognition (FWIW I would have named him as a "utility player").

I truly hope the GSU kids- Austin, Foster, Tarik Muhammed, Lance Wayne, use this blatent disrespect as a motivational tool this coming Saturday. I know I would be chomping at the bit to show up these voters on national TV.

Foster had 19 rushing TD's, not 16.

blueballs
November 23rd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Foster had 19 rushing TD's, not 16.

...which makes the disrespect even worse.

Thanks for the correction.

youwouldno
November 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
Freeman was disrespected the worst. I agree Austin should be there.

I find it highly odd Isenhour won the Jacobs.

Baldy
November 23rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
I find it highly odd Isenhour won the Jacobs.

Especially since Lance Wayne has had 133 pancakes (so far) this season.

Eagle22
November 23rd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Jacob's Trophy almost always seems to find a home on the team that holds the championship at end of the season ... for that reason, I'm not surprised ..