PDA

View Full Version : National Champs name new defensive coordinator

ur2k
February 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020509aaa.html

Vic Shealy - most recently on staff as DC/Assistant Head Coach at UNLV. Also a Richmond Alum.

Richmond also added Stacy Tutt to the staff as TE coach.

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Great to have another Spider on Staff.

I'm guessing we do a lot more blitzing this year, if only because we lost Sidbury and Logan at D-End and need to create pressure ... but also because we have an outstanding secondary that will allow us to take more chances.

PaladinFan
February 8th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Nice to see Tutt back in Richmond. Last time I saw him he was getting buried under a pile of Paladin defenders :)

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Nice to see Tutt back in Richmond. Last time I saw him he was getting buried under a pile of Paladin defenders :)

That really was a great game. It was the last time we saw Furman also. Have you guys continued to field a football team since then?

Reign of Terrier
February 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
That really was a great game. It was the last time we saw Furman also. Have you guys continued to field a football team since then?

It's more of a "1 yard pass" team

elon77
February 9th, 2009, 07:03 AM

Not this past year.

PaladinFan
February 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM

Ha! So noted. Next time Richmond beats us give me a ring xthumbsupx That was a great game though. Tutt was a one man show out there.

I wil not stand for Elon smack though. Gotta make the playoffs before you can have limited smack talking privileges. xnodx

OL FU
February 9th, 2009, 08:38 AM

Aah, recent success does tend to make the head bigger than it should be:pxlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Hey, I didn't start it!!! We're tied on Championship now anyways, right?

Regarding that playoff game in '05, I still shake my head trying to understand why Clawson ran a pass to the Fullback on the 4th and 2 play on the final drive. Hightower had really been pounding the ball and it seemed pretty clear that we would have been able to run for 2 yards at that point.

mcveyrl
February 9th, 2009, 09:13 AM

jmufan999
February 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
nice! obsessed with that show.

PaladinFan
February 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Hey, I didn't start it!!! We're tied on Championship now anyways, right?

Regarding that playoff game in '05, I still shake my head trying to understand why Clawson ran a pass to the Fullback on the 4th and 2 play on the final drive. Hightower had really been pounding the ball and it seemed pretty clear that we would have been able to run for 2 yards at that point.

Actually, now Furman cannot lay claim to the only private institution to win a I-AA/FCS national championship.

Sometimes offensive coordinators outthink themselves. It was a great stand by the Paladins. Tutt really was a warrior out there in that game. He took a hit from Jeremy Blocker in that game that still ranks as the hardest lick I've seen in college football. I was suprised Tutt was even standing after that one, much less out there leading his team on a game winning drive.