PDA

View Full Version : TSN Recruiting Article

smallcollegefbfan
February 7th, 2009, 12:23 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm

Coulson brought up great points about recruiting rankings and past players that I am glad to see mentioned.

It is funny how some people brag about landing 2 and 3 star athletes, even a 4 star here and there, yet the players who have won Payton and Buchanan Awards are never ranked and rarely even listed by those websites.

You have to think that the 2011 or 2012 Payton Winner signed a letter of intent Wednesday or Thursday and he likely had no stars next to his name. xthumbsupx to Mr. C!

slostang
February 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm

Coulson brought up great points about recruiting rankings and past players that I am glad to see mentioned.

It is funny how some people brag about landing 2 and 3 star athletes, even a 4 star here and there, yet the players who have won Payton and Buchanan Awards are never ranked and rarely even listed by those websites.

You have to think that the 2011 or 2012 Payton Winner signed a letter of intent Wednesday or Thursday and he likely had no stars next to his name. xthumbsupx to Mr. C!

I do not think you would have found Cal Poly's three Buck Buchanan winners (Jordan Beck, Chris Gocong and Kyle Shotwell) on Rivals. Cal Poly players also not found on Rivals would include James Noble, Ramses Barden, Mark Restelli, Stephen Field......

smallcollegefbfan
February 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I do not think you would have found Cal Poly's three Buck Buchanan winners (Jordan Beck, Chris Gocon and Kyle Shotwell) on Rivals. Cal Poly players also not found on Rivals would include James Noble, Ramses Barden, Mark Restelli, Stephen Field......

Very true. In fact, I remember looking for 3 of the names you mentioned that had been named All-Americans and they weren't listed.

SunCoastBlueHen
February 7th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Excellent article, Mr. C!

blueballs
February 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM
One day somebody will compile and post the list of all americans who won national titles at GSU who were walkons (somebody once said the list was over two dozen), thereby conclusively debunking the whole myth that winning on Rivals and Scout in February translates into wins on the gridiron in the fall.

Kudos to Mr. C for a nice article.