PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra 2009 Recruits

Uncle Buck
February 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
While i'm not sold on the fact that Cohen is so hell bent on Long Island talent, i like the fact that he landed the NY State player of the year two years in a row.

Looks like he brought in some size on the OL and a couple of decent sized DL. LB I think may still be undersized, but it seems like a solid group with 12 of the 20 coming from either CA, PA, NJ, or FL.

http://www.hofstra.edu/Athletics/Football/ath_fb_gameresult.cfm?gameID=43AA2494-65B3-F1F2-68F770CE34E1C037

Seawolf97
February 7th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Nice class! Alot of local talent and Maysonet . Thta should help your running game big time.

Uncle Buck
February 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I definitely thought Maysonet would have gone somewhere else. He looked real good on the newsreels when the team was making their 12-0 run.

I'm happier that we got some size at positions we needed like the OL and d-line. Also, the JUCO QB should be a nice addition to our true freshmen duo that we have now. Cory Christopher who stepped in as the starter until he go hurt last year, he will be way down on the depth chart IMO.

Wildcat80
February 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM
IMO any press release that lists some kids being recruited by other schools but not everyone does those kids a disservice. drop any mention of others since noone really knows if they were getting real offers or only mass mailing letters. bush league PR.

Seawolf97
February 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
The good part about Maysonet is he has very good speed and doesnt fumble. I saw him at StonyBrook in a high school championship game in November and he is quick. Probably his only shortcoming is his size at 190 lbs but Im sure once he gets in the weight room Hofstra can get him up to 200. He isnt much different than Conte Cutino at Stonybrook who had a 1000 yard season last year. He is a keeper.

Uncle Buck
February 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM
IMO any press release that lists some kids being recruited by other schools but not everyone does those kids a disservice. drop any mention of others since noone really knows if they were getting real offers or only mass mailing letters. bush league PR.

I didn't write it, i just linked it.

I agree though, i like to see who was getting recruited by who.