PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire 2009 Schedule set

Wildcat80
February 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
St Francis-PA added as a home opener.

http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cfm?id=CA22C91E-DEE5-8060-5375830A0F23F4AA&pid=4D535F06-0D4A-CAB8-A6272DB8DC217D5C&archive=0

hebmskebm
February 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
St. Francis is either fearless, dead broke, or both. Either way, my hat's off to them.

danefan
February 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
St. Francis is either fearless, dead broke, or both. Either way, my hat's off to them.

It appears they are trying to follow the trail Albany blazed in the early 2000's. Play anyone, anywhere and it will help you recruit.

It worked for Albany.....but we also have Bob Ford.xthumbsupx

dgreco
February 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
shoot. I was hoping Bryant picked up that game. there were talks I guess they never got to finalize it.

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM
wow first three weeks St Francis travels to UNH and UNI

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM

I doubt they're getting THAT much money from UNH!

Fearless for sure by playing at UNI and UNH within the first three weeks. Especially with the travel involved. Even in Albany's CAA run last year, those game were probably all bus games with about a 3.5 hour trip the longest. Hope the heck those St. Francis kids don't have to bus to UNH and UNI. They'd be on the bus all day Friday and Sunday (or Saturday afternoon and night).

danefan
February 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM

Fearless for sure by playing at UNI and UNH within the first three weeks. Especially with the travel involved. Even in Albany's CAA run last year, those game were probably all bus games with about a 3.5 hour trip the longest. Hope the heck those St. Francis kids don't have to bus to UNH and UNI. They'd be on the bus all day Friday and Sunday (or Saturday afternoon and night).

All bus trips last year, but the trip to Delaware is about 4.5 from Albany.

mainejeff
February 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
God forbid if UNH has to go up against W&M for the last at-large play-off bid next season.........xcoolxxrolleyesx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
God forbid if UNH has to go up against W&M for the last at-large play-off bid next season.........xcoolxxrolleyesx

I know where you're going, but the head to head during week 10 should resolve that one. xpeacex

Now with other FCS teams will be another story, but at face value we have at least five "impact" games and an 8-3 record would include quality wins against two of Ball State, Villanova, UMass, W&M and Maine. Any improvement by URI, Towson, Northeastern or Hofstra might provide another quality win opportunity.

I have a feeling that taking so long to schedule our FBS games limited our options for the last OOC game. Meaning to keep options open to schedule the FBS game, we had to wait until after it was finalized before scheduling the last FCS OOC games.

I may have missed it, but has Maine finalized their schedule? The last I read was the rumors of the payout from Florida State.

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
UNH very well could be 9-0 going into that game.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
All bus trips last year, but the trip to Delaware is about 4.5 from Albany.

My bad, I underestimated the travel time through Metro NYC. :p xoopsx Still, a very manageable bus trip especially compared to Western PA to either UNH or UNI.

nwFL Griz
February 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
UNH very well could be 9-0 going into that game.

They could be. I think 7-2 is more likely, IMO.

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM
They could be. I think 7-2 is more likely, IMO.
Ball State and Villanova?

clenz
February 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM

I think I heard they are getting 50K from UNI.

It will be interesting to compare those two games, since it seems UNI and UNH are so equally matched head to head the last three years

nwFL Griz
February 6th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Ball State and Villanova?

You got it. xthumbsupx

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Anyone know what UNH is getting paid for the Ball St game?

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Anyone know what UNH is getting paid for the Ball St game?
They wouldnt be playing it if they werent.

I know a lot of people claim they didnt get paid for the Army game because of a payout listing some newspaper website setup, but I dont buy that.

smcwildcat
February 6th, 2009, 08:31 PM
yes finally we ste our scheduele...god took so long but it looks pretty legit

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
They wouldnt be playing it if they werent.

I know a lot of people claim they didnt get paid for the Army game because of a payout listing some newspaper website setup, but I dont buy that.

Hey don't take this wrong but can you clarify what you are saying?

I didnt state that they where playing for free.... and I havent heard anyone say the Army game was a freebie can you point me to the site or article? Thanks

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Hey don't take this wrong but can you clarify what you are saying?

I didnt state that they where playing for free.... and I havent heard anyone say the Army game was a freebie can you point me to the site or article? Thanks
sorry, I thought it asked if UNH was getting paid for the game. My bad.

I dont remember the site... des moines register I think.... they listed payouts for all FBS games for 2008, but there was nothing listed for the Army/UNH game, several posters not just here but on other message boards have been saying UNH got nothing for the game.

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I just found this. They are paying North Texas $175,000 and Auburn is paying them $800,000 but the terms of their other two OOC games (vs New Hampshire and at Army) have not been obtained by the publication.

http://media.www.bsudailynews.com/media/storage/paper849/news/2009/01/27/Sports/Football.Cards.Reveal.09.NonMac.Games-3598708.shtml

And one of the commenters to the article think Div II UNH along with North Texas and Army is a joke of a schedule.

Another commenter said this.... "The game will be competitive all right, it'll be our first loss of the new season. Tim's right, UNH will beat us like a drum. By halftime, Justice will be benched, Page will have quit to play somewhere else and Garner will be running the show."

SOCAL
February 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM
sorry, I thought it asked if UNH was getting paid for the game. My bad.

I dont remember the site... des moines register I think.... they listed payouts for all FBS games for 2008, but there was nothing listed for the Army/UNH game, several posters not just here but on other message boards have been saying UNH got nothing for the game.

It is my understanding that we received 2500 tickets at no cost that we could sell for the game

Northeastern received 175k for playing Ball State last year----I am assuming we will receive the same

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/results/index.php?BRSR=0&info=ncaapayouts&conference=&school=&payout=&income=&school_link=&sort=payout&desc=desc&sortBy=ORDER+BY+payout+desc

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM
ah got ya! Yeah they did get paid. I went to the game... Army sold many more tickets then what you saw at the game if you went. Weather held up for the game then all hell broke lose. All the news channels and WFAN in NYC all said "know way is the game going to escape the rain and wind" And it pretty much did. So I am guessing they sold 25K to 30K tickets and I would say 15 to 20K made the game Lots of no shows. I heard from 1 person the combo payment that army got from ESPN and other income made it 190K game for UNH. Another said 250K which I don't believe so 150 to 200K to me sounds more correct. Then again I really don't know. I have heard so many different stories at the game. I do know the game was well planned! Nothing like Ball St

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I just found this. They are paying North Texas $175,000 and Auburn is paying them $800,000 but the terms of their other two OOC games (vs New Hampshire and at Army) have not been obtained by the publication.

http://media.www.bsudailynews.com/media/storage/paper849/news/2009/01/27/Sports/Football.Cards.Reveal.09.NonMac.Games-3598708.shtml

And one of the commenters to the article think Div II UNH along with North Texas and Army is a joke of a schedule.

Another commenter said this.... "The game will be competitive all right, it'll be our first loss of the new season. Tim's right, UNH will beat us like a drum. By halftime, Justice will be benched, Page will have quit to play somewhere else and Garner will be running the show."

Hey thanks for that link! I replied to that Ball State dope calling UNH D2. Booking my tickets soon for Muncie. Friends and I going to drive up to see Cubs game on Sunday after noon. Cant wait! Now if the Bears could some how Play the Pats at Chicago Sunday or Monday night what a dream trip!! 2009 NFL Schedule comes out in April. Fingers crossed!

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Pats play the NFC South in 2009, so the dream wont happen in 2009.

They do play at the Colts though, so you could hope for a Monday nighter that week.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hey thanks for that link! I replied to that Ball State dope calling UNH D2. Booking my tickets soon for Muncie. Friends and I going to drive up to see Cubs game on Sunday after noon. Cant wait! Now if the Bears could some how Play the Pats at Chicago Sunday or Monday night what a dream trip!! 2009 NFL Schedule comes out in April. Fingers crossed!

I've been researching flights out to Indy and it's crazy. From Hartford a non-stop is non existent. The closest non-stop for me is into Cincinnati which is 2:30 from Muncie as opposed as 1:30 from the Indy Airport (SW side of town) to Muncie (NE or Indy). No inexpensive option and crazy connections. Southwest is one of the best options with a connection at BWI, but you can't book the tickets for awhile.

Until doing this research, I never considered going through Chicago. Why fly beyond your destination and backtrack? But it is actually one of my better options. xeekx Interesting thought to catch a Cubs game in Chicago. It's four hour plus ride from Chicago to Muncie, but catching a Cubs game could make that drive worthwhile! They weren't in town when we played at Northwestern.

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Pats play the NFC South in 2009, so the dream wont happen in 2009.

They do play at the Colts though, so you could hope for a Monday nighter that week.

Wow Pats Colts Monday night in Indy I get to return the rent a car!! woo hoo

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I've been researching flights out to Indy and it's crazy. From Hartford a non-stop is non existent. The closest non-stop for me is into Cincinnati which is 2:30 from Muncie as opposed as 1:30 from the Indy Airport (SW side of town) to Muncie (NE or Indy). No inexpensive option and crazy connections. Southwest is one of the best options with a connection at BWI, but you can't book the tickets for awhile.

Until doing this research, I never considered going through Chicago. Why fly beyond your destination and backtrack? But it is actually one of my better options. xeekx Interesting thought to catch a Cubs game in Chicago. It's four hour plus ride from Chicago to Muncie, but catching a Cubs game could make that drive worthwhile! They weren't in town when we played at Northwestern.

Friends and I started this whole thing to see Wrigley but UNH being in Muncie is just to close not make a trip out of it. So fly to Indy Friday UNH/Ball Saturday Hang out in Chicago Saturday night... Cub's Cincy Sunday 1:20PM then!! The mystery! Pats Sunday or Monday if they are in Cincy,Indy even PITT!! We are going! So when we get home Tuesday say "I am never drinking again!!" like we always do on our trips. Really hope we can see the Pats on the road.

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Wow Pats Colts Monday night in Indy I get to return the rent a car!! woo hoo
im not saying thats an actual game date, just saying you can hope for it when the schedule is released.

UNHFan
February 6th, 2009, 10:14 PM
im not saying thats an actual game date, just saying you can hope for it when the schedule is released.

Yup I know But if the pats are in either of the 3 Cities we are going to go.

UNHWildCats
February 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Home...............................Away
MIAMI DOLPHINS.....................MIAMI DOLPHINS
BUFFALO BILLS......................BUFFALO BILLS
NEW YORK JETS......................NEW YORK JETS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS...............HOUSTON TEXANS
TENNESSEE TITANS...................INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
ATLANTA FALCONS....................NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS..................TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
BALTIMORE RAVENS...................DENVER BRONCOS

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
It is my understanding that we received 2500 tickets at no cost that we could sell for the game

Northeastern received 175k for playing Ball State last year----I am assuming we will receive the same

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/results/index.php?BRSR=0&info=ncaapayouts&conference=&school=&payout=&income=&school_link=&sort=payout&desc=desc&sortBy=ORDER+BY+payout+desc

Amy had a contract to play UNH a couple years ago (the same year Army played UMass) Army backed out of the contract. At that time they paid a $100,000 to $150,000 buy out. Part of the deal was they then had to schedule UNH in the 2008 season.

We did get tickets to sell for last seasons game.

Wildcat80
February 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
St Francis has a good HC. but they took a step backwards last year. They play in a tough league too.