PDA

View Full Version : Michigan vs. DSU

cougarpines
February 6th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Guess they want another shot at the FCS.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090206/SPORTS0201/902060322/1131/SPORTS0201

OhioHen
February 6th, 2009, 06:14 AM
The Hornets get another shot at "The Helmet."

DSUrocks07
February 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
It sure is taking a hell of a long time for DSU to come out with their full schedule...xsmhx

I pretty much have half of their schedule already and its just on information from other schools releasing their schedules.

BTW I wonder what the payout is for this game...xwhistlex

bluehenbillk
February 6th, 2009, 06:49 AM
As a fan of UD and UM I can't believe this game is being played. Grrrrrr

AshevilleApp2
February 6th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I've always been a Wolverine fan,but go DSU!!!

DSUrocks07
February 6th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I guess one thing to draw from this is that either...

1) UM fears UD and wants to beat on the team that the Hens crushed 2 years ago just from bragging rights over Delaware...or...

2) UM wanted UD but due to UD's scheduling conflicts, (no openings at ALL until 2012 at least...remember xwhistlex), couldn't reach a deal

either way kudos to DSU for taking advantage of the opportunity. xthumbsupx

henfan
February 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Good pick up for DSU. They'll get a nice guarantee from this game.xthumbsupx

93henfan
February 6th, 2009, 08:24 AM
OMG, Michigan's get-back game at FCS. Poor Hornets. I'll be pullin' for you, but damn. This one's mid-season too, so no chance of catching them unprepared (and no App fans, I'm not trying to dis your incredible win with that comment).

GoGuins
February 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I would guess the payout would be b/n 300-500k

AshevilleApp2
February 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
OMG, Michigan's get-back game at FCS. Poor Hornets. I'll be pullin' for you, but damn. This one's mid-season too, so no chance of catching them unprepared (and no App fans, I'm not trying to dis your incredible win with that comment).

No offense taken. We did sneak up on them.

Ud1Hens
February 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Not only do they get Michigan in the middle of the year but they get them coming home after 2 road games no less. In all honesty, it's not a bad deal though...Get a nice payout and whatever happens, happens. The MEAC isn't going to get a 2nd team in the FCS Playoffs so it doesn't matter that DSU might not get an FCS win. Win the MEAC and you are in anyway. It'll be a fun trip for their players and hopefully Michigan is looking ahead to PSU...hopefully.

89Hen
February 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM
This is a VERY odd game to me. xconfusedx

Ivytalk
February 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
This one could get real ugly, real fast. But, hey, congrats to the Hornets for pulling it off!

LacesOut
February 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Yikes!

Go DSU! But last season was the year ya wanted to play UM.

813Jag
February 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
not to hijack this thread (well I did anyway) when do we give congrats for signing a contract with an FBS? More often than not they call us, not the other way around. I'd perfer more quality FCS matchups, I would have rather saw Southern fill their 09 date with McNeese. We have enough smart business people to make money on FCS games.

rant over

UNI Pike
February 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I would guess the payout would be b/n 300-500k

Scuttlebutt on UNI board is that the game was offered to UNI first for 900k. We turned it down, as we are already opening at Iowa.

Hopefully DSU gets the same payout.

blukeys
February 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM

If you read their boards and their columnists before the game, the answer is yes.

Now, after the game they discovered that ASU was a NC in their division, a very solid team etc. etc..

It was fun to see the transformation.

PantherRob82
February 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hope this one is closer than I'm thinking.

93henfan
February 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Scuttlebutt on UNI board is that the game was offered to UNI first for 900k. We turned it down, as we are already opening at Iowa.

Hopefully DSU gets the same payout.

$9/ticket is a hefty payout.

AshevilleApp2
February 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
If you read their boards and their columnists before the game, the answer is yes.

Now, after the game they discovered that ASU was a NC in their division, a very solid team etc. etc..

It was fun to see the transformation.

I can only assume about the players and coaches. Talking to Michigan fans before the game, I can say without a doubt that we snuck up on them. One guy asked me if we were from Pennsylvania. xlolx

biggie
February 6th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Mich being very careful this time around I see.

Hope a miracle happens and DSU wins though.

blukeys
February 6th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I can only assume about the players and coaches. Talking to Michigan fans before the game, I can say without a doubt that we snuck up on them. One guy asked me if we were from Pennsylvania. xlolx

LOL!!!xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox
By the way we get the "What part of Pennsylvania do you come from?? Question ALL the time!!xprost2xxprost2xxprost2xxprost2xxprost2x

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
LOL!!!xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox
By the way we get the "What part of Pennsylvania do you come from?? Question ALL the time!!xprost2xxprost2xxprost2xxprost2xxprost2x

Well, portions of the current state of Delaware were at least part of the original colony that became the State of Pennsylvania. IIRC, something about maintaining control of Delaware Bay to protect Philly's maritime interests. xwhistlex xwhistlex

At least they don't ask you if you're from Delaware County in Ohio or Indiana! ;) xeekx xeekx :D :D :D :D

GoGuins
February 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
After the ASU loss, I'm not taking any opponent lightly. The Toledo loss last year was worse for me than the ASU one. ASU was more of a shocker. Michigan had a chance to win both in the end but failed

After a 3-9 season, Michigan has a lot to prove. They finally have their 2 dual threat QB's to run the offense (Forcier & Robinson). They are true freshman though, Forcier enrolled early which should help

http://www.mgoblue.com/football/article.aspx?id=165046

Big Dawg
February 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
What's up with the FBS teams scheduling FCS teams during the middle of the season?

Reign of Terrier
February 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM

A win is a win is a win is a win

seahawkfan2007
February 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
It's great that DSU has the opportunity to play in the "Big House". No matter the outcome this game will be a great payday, a memory, a recruiting tool and an event that alum, students and fans at DSU will be truly excited about.

Seawolf97
February 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Good for them !

T-Dog
February 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
So what record of futility will be broken?

Michigan's 0-1 all time record against FCS schools or DSU's 0-1 all time record against winged helmet teams?

blukeys
February 12th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Well, portions of the current state of Delaware were at least part of the original colony that became the State of Pennsylvania. IIRC, something about maintaining control of Delaware Bay to protect Philly's maritime interests. xwhistlex xwhistlex

At least they don't ask you if you're from Delaware County in Ohio or Indiana! ;) xeekx xeekx :D :D :D :D

Sorry Jim, I have been told that I was from Delaware County, Ohio, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.

Historically, All of Delaware was part of Pennsylvania due to a couple of surveyors by the name of Mason and Dixon. The next time you come down I can show you some original Mason Dixon Border Stones.

For the Record Delaware gained its independence from Pennsyvania in 1701. A very good move on our part!!!