PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington signs 33!

Screamin_Eagle174
February 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Baldwin's second class hopefully will be very competitive and build greater depth.

A lot on defense... 7 DBs and 7-8 DLinemen.

http://goeags.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020409aaa.html

R3TRO
February 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
33? Holy smokes... How many Sr's did you graduate?

MaroonMafia
February 6th, 2009, 01:41 AM
What's the story with your stud QB recruit Darius Banks from last year? i read that he left school after the 1st quarter last year...

bluehenbillk
February 6th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't there a NCAA rule that limits the # of kids you can bring in on scholarships in one year.....i think it's 25.

Maverick
February 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
That is correct about the limit of 25 incoming on scholarships. But you are also allowed to sign students who will not be on aid during the first year as they will not count as part of the 25 on aid or the total limits on aid for the team. Some schools use another type of letter instead of the National LOI that is governed by the conference commissioners group for those not receiving aid. Plus you have to remember that for some schools there will be some signees who don't qualify which invalidates the LOI.

eagle1
February 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Darius Banks, last years big recruit, couldn't make it academically and is no longer in school. EWU had 18 seniors on last years roster and only half of these guys signed are full rides. EWU does a good job of dispersing scholarships such as just tuition etc... to get more numbers. EWU's class was heavy on the cornerbacks which was the weak link on the defense. A couple of these freshman corners could be getting considerable time next fall. A few of these recruits will also be non-qualifiers and will have to set out next fall as well. The Eags will be back in 09! Go Eagles!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
February 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Like eagle1 said, 18 seniors were lost. However, only 6 were starters. I didn't know that about Banks... that's unfortunate.

But, Nichols and Boyce are back for their senior season... we'll be back in the playoffs in 2009!