PDA

View Full Version : Signing Party / Receptions

AppMan
February 4th, 2009, 09:37 PM
ASU had a gathering this evening where the coaching staff met with Mountaineer fans to discuss the incoming class. A presentation featuring stats and highlight films of each individual player was followed by comments by Jerry Moore. Just wondering if anyone else in the FCS football world does anything like this and if so how long has your school been doing it.

JackTwice
February 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
SDSU did this for the first time this year. Unfortunately I didn't get to attend so I can't give much insight into what went on.

FUwolfpacker
February 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM
This was Furman's second year doing it. Didn't get to go, but I was told there was a good turnout. Pretty much did the same thing every other school does. Measurables/Stats, video highlights, coach comments.

I'm pretty sure Wofford did one this year too. I think it was their first year, but I'm not positive.

Eight Legger
February 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM
UR had an event at a local sports bar tonight. We watched highlights of our recruits and of our national championship, and almost the entire coaching staff (minus 2 or 3) was there to talk with fans. We have done something similar most of the past 5-6 years, not sure if we did before that.

813Jag
February 5th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Southern has done a recruiting bash for a while now. I don't know how long though.

JoshUCA
February 5th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I now that UCA has a signing day reception...don't know how long it has been going on.

Casey_Orourke
February 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
There was never any type of high profile signing party, as far as I can remember, under the Walsh years, but Jerry has worked to make the last two regular media events at a local sports bar. Since the Blazers was also playing last night, "Buffalo Wild Wings" was packed and the kids all got a great welcome.