Ty Timmer LB 6-2 205 Fr. HS Great
Falls, MT (Great Falls HS)
Jordan Tripp LB 6-2 210 Fr. HS Missoula, MT
(Big Sky HS)
Ethan Tweet DT 6-2 270 Fr. HS Fort
Benton, MT (Fort Benton HS)
D.J. Zapata QB 6-3 175 Fr. HS San
Marcos, CA (Mission Hills HS)

What stands out to me for this class? The natural size for the DL we signed. They do not need alot of bulking up in weight. Maybe we can finally focus on their skills sooner than building their body up 1st. Linebackers are also good size for freshman and only need to add 10 to 20 lbs.

I am excited for all the recruits, at this point though Murray and Pierson intrigue me the most. I do not know much about Murray, but we beat out some damn good programs for him. He has good size too.

As for Pierson, 6'3" 212 lbs, SAFETY! WTF? That is the size of our LBS and DE's many years. He must have decent speed to be projected at safety. At his size he can be converted to play anywhere but OL and CB. I cannot imagine a 6'3" 212 lb safety protecting the middle or blitzing. Seeing that on paper is intimidating, let alone playing against it! If I were BH, this kid would be my biggest project to build on. If he does not cut it as a Safety, find out asap and build him at LB, DE, WR, or TE. I know this kid has hops already. Anyone know what his 40 time is? Physically this kid must be a genetic freak (meant in a good way)!! I cannot help but intrigued by this kid. The scary thing is he played for a small school. He probably does not even realize how good he can be with the right coaching and attitude. I have never seen this kid play a down or seen him period. However, am willing to go out on the limb and put him as my favorite to be the "STEAL" of this recruiting class when all is said and done. I doubt he will play his FR year, but have a feeling the next 4 years will be a nice progression for GRIZNATION!

MplsBison
February 4th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Interesting that neither Montana school recruits the border states. Just MT and out of region.

mtgrizfan4life
February 4th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Interesting that neither Montana school recruits the border states. Just MT and out of region.

Wyoming, Dakotas, and Idaho have so little population, with the Dakota Schools moving up recently, it has become more competitive. To be honest, some areas in MT are just as far as away as going to WA, OR, and northern CA. There is alot more talent to evaluate in those areas anyway. Financially, it makes more sense. At least that is my guess.

gbhmt
February 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome to GRIZNATION boys!!!!!!!!!!

2009 UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA FOOTBALL SIGNEES
Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Exp. Hometown
(Previous School)
Bobby Alt DE 6-3 260 So. JC Ontario,
CA (Mt. Sac JC)
Travis Andrus WR 5-10 175 Fr. HS Kalispell, MT
(Flathead HS)
Chris Bradford DT 6-2 255 Fr. HS San Bernardino,
CA (Arroyo Valley HS)
Bryce Carver WR/S 6-1 170 Fr. HS Dillon, MT
(Beaverhead HS
Sean Connors Safety 6-0 185 Fr. HS Seattle, WA
(Bellevue HS)
Brock Coyle LB 6-2 215 Fr. HS Bozeman,
MT (Bozeman HS)
Kyle Hoffman OL 6-4 280 Fr. HS Orcas Island, WA
(Orcas Island HS)
Sean Murray CB 6-1 190 Fr. HS Corona,
CA (Santiago HS)
Peter Nguyen RB 5-8 175 Fr. HS Seattle, WA
(Bellevue HS)
Josh Pelczar CB 5-9 180 Fr. HS Billings, MT
(Billings West HS)
Clay Pierson S 6-3 212 Fr. HS Twin Bridges, MT
(Twin Bridges HS)
Russell Piette OL 6-4 300 Jr. TR Vancouver, WA
(W. Washington Univ.)
Aaron Roberts WR 5-11 170 Fr. HS Spokane, WA
(Ferris HS)
Steven Rominger S 5-10 185 Fr. HS Missoula, MT
(Sentinel HS)
Mike Silvestre DT 6-2 275 Fr. HS Phoenix, AZ
(Hamilton HS)
Ty Timmer LB 6-2 205 Fr. HS Great
Falls, MT (Great Falls HS)
Jordan Tripp LB 6-2 210 Fr. HS Missoula, MT
(Big Sky HS)
Ethan Tweet DT 6-2 270 Fr. HS Fort
Benton, MT (Fort Benton HS)
D.J. Zapata QB 6-3 175 Fr. HS San
Marcos, CA (Mission Hills HS)

What stands out to me for this class? The natural size for the DL we signed. They do not need alot of bulking up in weight. Maybe we can finally focus on their skills sooner than building their body up 1st. Linebackers are also good size for freshman and only need to add 10 to 20 lbs.

I am excited for all the recruits, at this point though Murray and Pierson intrigue me the most. I do not know much about Murray, but we beat out some damn good programs for him. He has good size too.

As for Pierson, 6'3" 212 lbs, SAFETY! WTF? That is the size of our LBS and DE's many years. He must have decent speed to be projected at safety. At his size he can be converted to play anywhere but OL and CB. I cannot imagine a 6'3" 212 lb safety protecting the middle or blitzing. Seeing that on paper is intimidating, let alone playing against it! If I were BH, this kid would be my biggest project to build on. If he does not cut it as a Safety, find out asap and build him at LB, DE, WR, or TE. I know this kid has hops already. Anyone know what his 40 time is? Physically this kid must be a genetic freak (meant in a good way)!! I cannot help but intrigued by this kid. The scary thing is he played for a small school. He probably does not even realize how good he can be with the right coaching and attitude. I have never seen this kid play a down or seen him period. However, am willing to go out on the limb and put him as my favorite to be the "STEAL" of this recruiting class when all is said and done. I doubt he will play his FR year, but have a feeling the next 4 years will be a nice progression for GRIZNATION!

Bobby just said on the news that he's the fastest safety he's ever seen. Which is saying a lot considering who he had this year.

mtgrizfan4life
February 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Bobby just said on the news that he's the fastest safety he's ever seen. Which is saying a lot considering who he had this year.

Come on, how much is BH exaggerating that? Colt is legit 4.5. If I recall correctly Van Cooper was sub 4.5 too. If this kid is faster than 4.5 with that size and athleticism, it makes me wonder how he flew that far under the radar? Also, if BH is accurate on his speed, then it is safe to say the kid is already NFL size and will be on NFL radars w/in 2 years.

I would love to see his 40 time noted somewhere. Not doubting you gbhmt, but just do not believe he is faster than Colt or Van Cooper yet. Also with our depth at Safety, why not use this kid at WR until his time comes at Safety? God knows we need all the help we can get in terms of redzone production. Defensively we have good size in Trumaine Johnson and this kid at defending the redzone at least. xthumbsupx

Kabooom
February 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Come on, how much is BH exaggerating that? Colt is legit 4.5. If I recall correctly Van Cooper was sub 4.5 too. If this kid is faster than 4.5 with that size and athleticism, it makes me wonder how he flew that far under the radar? Also, if BH is accurate on his speed, then it is safe to say the kid is already NFL size and will be on NFL radars w/in 2 years.

I would love to see his 40 time noted somewhere. Not doubting you gbhmt, but just do not believe he is faster than Colt or Van Cooper yet. Also with our depth at Safety, why not use this kid at WR until his time comes at Safety? God knows we need all the help we can get in terms of redzone production. Defensively we have good size in Trumaine Johnson and this kid at defending the redzone at least. xthumbsupx

Quote..If this kid is faster than 4.5 with that size and athleticism, it makes me wonder how he flew that far under the radar?

Flying under the....radar is quite easy when living in the Twin Bridges.....Probably some of the most under-appreciated ....CODE....emos fo eht tseb ylf gnihsif ni eht dlrow....as well...

Location location location....

Recruiters dont like to spend the $ to come up to Montana....and Fly into the Beautty-Pit.(Love Beautty America) Mt...then once off the Puddle-jumper Have to get a rental ..and then have to drive to The Big Ruby ....They would rather go to Portland , or Seattle and then work with the volume of cupboard athletes in that respective big metro area...I love it!

Hellgate60
February 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Quote..If this kid is faster than 4.5 with that size and athleticism, it makes me wonder how he flew that far under the radar?

Flying under the....radar is quite easy when living in the Twin Bridges.....Probably some of the most under-appreciated ....CODE....emos fo eht tseb ylf gnihsif ni eht dlrow....as well...

Location location location....

Recruiters dont like to spend the $ to come up to Montana....and Fly into the Beautty-Pit.(Love Beautty America) Mt...then once off the Puddle-jumper Have to get a rental ..and then have to drive to The Big Ruby ....They would rather go to Portland , or Seattle and then work with the volume of cupboard athletes in that respective big metro area...I love it!

Some of the best fly fishing in the world...I probably wasn't suppose to let the whole world know that but I was just proud of myself for getting that

Montanan
February 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM
was able to attend 2 games in Twin Bridges this past year, as well as several games the previous year. Griz fans are really going to enjoy watching this kid play. i know i have and will!

gbhmt
February 8th, 2009, 05:28 PM

How does he fly under the radar? He plays 8 man football in small town Montana. Nobody recruits that.

griz&beer
February 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Someone post a 40 time please.

WyomingGrizFan
February 11th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Very little on 40 times under a quick glance; he is reported to have ran a 23.85 200, good for a sixth place finish, last year at the Class C State held in Helena.

CrunchGriz
February 12th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Very little on 40 times under a quick glance; he is reported to have ran a 23.85 200, good for a sixth place finish, last year at the Class C State held in Helena.

Saw a track stat from a meet last year when he ran an 11.1 100 meters. Not blazing fast, but fast for a big safety.

Ronbo
February 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Saw a track stat from a meet last year when he ran an 11.1 100 meters. Not blazing fast, but fast for a big safety.

That means he probably runs between 4.5 and 4.6 depending how good of a start he gets.