PDA

View Full Version : College Sports Report All-America Teams

smallcollegefbfan
February 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.collegesportsreport.com/Archives_Pages/Awards/2008/2008_FCS.htm

blueballs
February 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow how Appalachian State is the "Team of the Year," but perhaps that's nitpicking.

elon77
February 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow how Appalachian State is the "Team of the Year," but perhaps that's nitpicking.

Are they not the " Team of the Year" every year. Alot of people think so!

jmufan999
February 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
here's what's even funnier:

1. JMU gets player of the year on this site.
2. we win the head-to-head battle with App State.
3. we go further in the playoffs (incidentally, we beat the team that beat them in the playoffs [ON THE ROAD], not that that is a huge deal)
4. and finally, on this site, we have 3 All-Americans, App State has 2 (and their best player is not even first or second team).

and yet, they're "Team of The Year". not quite sure about that one.

smallcollegefbfan
February 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM

I didn't get that either. I thought it should have been Richmond.

smallcollegefbfan
February 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
How about the DEF POY? East over Beach or Belcher?

danefan
February 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
They also apparently felt obligated to put Eddie Gowens as second team RB because they gave him FCS Rookie of the Year.

He very much deserved rookie of the year, but there were many RB's that were more deserving as second team.

TexasTerror
February 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Zach East did not get the recognition that I think he deserves on the national level, but to place him at No. 1 is very questionable. I'm glad someone did end up giving him some sort of recognition.

smallcollegefbfan
February 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
They also apparently felt obligated to put Eddie Gowens as second team RB because they gave him FCS Rookie of the Year.

He very much deserved rookie of the year, but there were many RB's that were more deserving as second team.

At least you can't accuse them of copying others. Although I think we could accuse them of smoking something. lol xthumbsupx

ASUTed
February 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Apparently the walter payton award winner is not all american caliber.

It looks like they copied some from last year and randomly selected the rest.

No tight end on the second team, three wideouts?

Why even put one out if this is all you got?

JmuSkinsfan
February 3rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
I think they gave Rodney Landers the OPOY award and felt it necessary to give the team award to ASU...

Although if you look at the regular season it should go to JMU....if you look at the entire season it goes to Richmond. Don't really see where ASU fits in there lol.

Also...anyone else outraged that Landers didn't get a combine invite? Oh well...tis a shame