PDA

View Full Version : ESPN College Game Day at the Bayou Classic

MACHIAVELLI
November 21st, 2005, 12:01 PM
The 32nd Annual State Farm Bayou Classic® will make history this week by becoming the first HBCU football game to be featured on College GameDay. ESPN and the College GameDay crew will broadcast live from the Bayou Classic on Saturday, November 26, 2005, 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. (CST) at Reliant Stadium.

Grambling State University.com (http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/)

SAME OLD G
November 21st, 2005, 12:30 PM
And they wonder why we will not move the BC to accomodate the playoffs.

bandl
November 21st, 2005, 12:34 PM
And they wonder why we will not move the BC to accomodate the playoffs.

Who's 'they'? I don't wonder. It's a great tradition and a great game. I'd love to make it to that game sometime.

SAME OLD G
November 21st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Who's 'they'?
Some of the people on this board who have complained in the past about it.

bandl
November 21st, 2005, 01:16 PM
Some of the people on this board who have complained in the past about it.

Blah. Who cares...can't please everyone. If they don't want to be part of the playoffs, that's their perogative.

GannonFan
November 21st, 2005, 01:21 PM
Anyone have any idea on how many times this has happened before for a IAA game? I know Harvard/Penn from Philly was a GameDay game before and I can't think of any others. Anyone?

GAD
November 21st, 2005, 02:49 PM
OUTSTANDING COLLEGE GAMEDAY AT A SWAC GAME

DAT D@MN SWAC DOES IT AGAIN

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

McNeese75
November 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM
The 32nd Annual State Farm Bayou Classic® will make history this week by becoming the first HBCU football game to be featured on College GameDay. ESPN and the College GameDay crew will broadcast live from the Bayou Classic on Saturday, November 26, 2005, 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. (CST) at Reliant Stadium.

Grambling State University.com (http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/)

Cool, we can watch game day with all the pomp and circumstance and then switch to the deuce to watch the real games :eek: :D

MACHIAVELLI
November 21st, 2005, 11:13 PM
As an added note, a special feature on Grambling State’s senior quarterback Bruce Eugene will be included in this broadcast. This segment will include a closer look at the Walter Payton Award candidate on his progress throughout his final season.

Sly Fox
November 22nd, 2005, 12:21 AM
You GSU and Southern folks are going to have a great time down here in Houston. Once you experience the game inside Reliant Stadium, you won't ever want to move the game back to Louisiana ever again. Well, maybe not.

On Friday is the annual TSU-Prairie View grudge match that was postponed due to Hurricane Rita.

This weekened will be SWAC-tastic in Houston.

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 22nd, 2005, 01:10 AM
You GSU and Southern folks are going to have a great time down here in Houston. Once you experience the game inside Reliant Stadium, you won't ever want to move the game back to Louisiana ever again. Well, maybe not.

On Friday is the annual TSU-Prairie View grudge match that was postponed due to Hurricane Rita.

This weekened will be SWAC-tastic in Houston.
Even though I will have a great time in Houston this weekend there is no place like New Orleans.

GAD
November 22nd, 2005, 09:18 AM
I'll tell you this Reliant is a great place to watch a football game when we played PV there a few years ago the view of the field is unreal you feel so close to the action

MACHIAVELLI
November 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
As an added note, a special feature on Grambling State’s senior quarterback Bruce Eugene will be included in this broadcast. This segment will include a closer look at the Walter Payton Award candidate on his progress throughout his final season.

The ESPN crew just finished interviews with Coach Spears and Bruce "Almighty" Eugene.

MACHIAVELLI
November 23rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
I am sure you will see lots of Grambling coverage during this show.

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2005, 04:55 PM
I am sure you will see lots of Grambling coverage during this show.

Well, as Matt D says, "The Bayou Classic moves from New Orleans to Houston for this season, and attracted the attention of ESPN’s College Gameday crew. Hopefully the crew can experience the atmosphere and find some good pre-game stories, because they won’t see much of a competitive game on the field. Grambling State is absolutely destroying teams in the SWAC, and would love to make another regular season mark against its biggest rival."

He goes on to predict an easy 29 pt win by Grambling thanks to SU's 91st ranked pass defense...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/extrapoint.htm

TxSt02
November 23rd, 2005, 05:25 PM

will they show him playing late in the game during a blowout to boost his stats???

TxSt02
November 23rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
Will espn show anything other than the bands? Isnt this what people go to these games for anyway?

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2005, 05:27 PM
will they show him playing late in the game during a blowout to boost his stats???

With this being a nationally-televised game, perhaps Spears will show some class and pull him out or at the very least, run the ball up the gut. I'm sure they have a RB or two that can take some hits and move the chains...

gram4life
November 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
Will espn show anything other than the bands? Isnt this what people go to these games for anyway?

Hey worry about your team, we got this over here. :rolleyes:

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 23rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
With this being a nationally-televised game, perhaps Spears will show some class and pull him out or at the very least, run the ball up the gut. I'm sure they have a RB or two that can take some hits and move the chains...
Yall need to learn the history of the Bayou Classic. The underdog usually wins. :) SU plays on a another level when they are playing Gram. Gram is 2-10 over the last 12 season vs SU. Hell Gram fans are so nervous they refuse to smack over on the swac page. xlolx

mikebigg
November 24th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Yall need to learn the history of the Bayou Classic. The underdog usually wins. :) SU plays on a another level when they are playing Gram. Gram is 2-10 over the last 12 season vs SU. Hell Gram fans are so nervous they refuse to smack over on the swac page. xlolx

You wish...not much to smack yall about. Hell, all the teams you've beaten have losing records. Since most of yall have left the board (over there) anyway, who's gonna tell yall. xlolx

GAD
November 24th, 2005, 07:02 AM
txst02 as much as you guys want to make this game about bands its not (I've type about a hundred times) THE BATTLE OF THE BAND IS FRIDAY NIGHT! The football game is saturday, and the bands alone do draw around 35k THE GAME will draw well over 60k :asswhip: