PDA

View Full Version : Fordham's Spring Prospectus Out

Fordham
April 29th, 2005, 11:28 AM
PDF File (http://www.fordhamsports.com/QuickInfoFiles/Football/05FBProspectus.pdf)

It's of course biased, but it gives some insight to why Fordham will be in the thick of it again. Some solid returnees, some good signees and Fordham will look to continue its prescence near the top of of the PL.

Tribe4SF
April 29th, 2005, 12:13 PM
PDF File (http://www.fordhamsports.com/QuickInfoFiles/Football/05FBProspectus.pdf)

It's of course biased, but it gives some insight to why Fordham will be in the thick of it again. Some solid returnees, some good signees and Fordham will look to continue its prescence near the top of of the PL.

Sheesh! Hit him with a cream pie, 13!

Fordham has some big holes on D.

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM

It's alright. Fordham's been chasing Colgate for years! :D

Fordham
April 29th, 2005, 12:58 PM

too funny! it was just some good natured cutting and pasting there, though, nothing more.

and, yep, it's the D that will determine where we go this year. We should be able to put up some points but, obviously, if we can't stop anyone it won't do us much good ... or at least it's not a recipe for success. The key for us is to replace the LB core. With all 3 starters gone and a D that relies on fast, hard hitting LB's ... this is the key. Fortunately we have some guys that were able to get good experience last year, but you never know how they're gonna do as starters until you see them have to play the full game ...

Tribe4SF
April 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I noticed you guys have 34 freshmen coming in. That's a big number.

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Will Jonte Coven be your starter at TB? Will they try and get him on the field in other ways?

And yes, like Colgate, if you can find some new faces to fill where you lost some key players (LB, DB) you have every reason to believe you'll be in the hunt towards the end. Just beat URI and we'll see you up at Andy Kerr on 10/15. Shouldn't be snowing yet - nice fall day!

Fordham
April 29th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Will Jonte Coven be your starter at TB? Will they try and get him on the field in other ways?

http://www.fordhamsports.com/action_shots/Football/CovenURI.jpg
yes, Jonte Coven, the PL Offensive Rookie of the Year, is returning ...

http://www.fordhamsports.com/action_shots/Football/Hunte819.jpg

but so is Jamaal Hunte, our leading rusher ...
http://www.fordhamsports.com/action_shots/Football/PrydatkoColgate.jpg

as well as James Prydatko, who may have been the most electrifying of the bunch ... or certainly the biggest sparkplug imo when he got in. Overall, great depth at RB. As long as the Oline is strong (3 returning starters), our running game should be fine.

Oh, and our prospectus mistakenly has us as having only 7 offensive returning starters when it should be 8. Steve Porco, last year's leading receiver, is actually coming back for one more year, and he's a good one. That leaves us with 2 OL and 1 FB to replace on offense. Add the returning All-PL kicker and 2nd team punter ... and it's really up to the D to see if this season will be special or simply 'competitive'.

JoltinJoe
April 29th, 2005, 07:34 PM
It's alright. Fordham's been chasing Colgate for years! :D

We did catch you in 2002.

You're going to take my head off for saying this, but from what I saw last year at the Fordham-Colgate game, Fordham was far more athletic than Colgate. We were vastly quicker, and we hit harder.

Like many games last year, we played sloppy, inconsistent football, though. And that really hurt us against a more experienced and well coached team.

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
We did catch you in 2002.

You're going to take my head off for saying this, but from what I saw last year at the Fordham-Colgate game, Fordham was far more athletic than Colgate. We were vastly quicker, and we hit harder.

Yes sir, you did! That was really a watershed game for FU too.

As for who's more athletic, I think that's an arguement that goes nowhere. Personally, I'll 40-28 wins over more athletic any day!

JoltinJoe
April 30th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Yes sir, you did! That was really a watershed game for FU too.

As for who's more athletic, I think that's an arguement that goes nowhere. Personally, I'll 40-28 wins over more athletic any day!

You're right on both counts.

The 2002 game against Colgate was a major win for us. Although early in the season, I knew that team was going to make noise after that win.

I'll take a win over being more athletic too. Afterall, I graduated from the same school that Lombardi did, and we know how he felt about winning.

But, despite the loss, it was reassuring to see that there were significant areas of the game of football where we were superior to a team that returned many, many players from a 14-1, national finalist team. It's not as if Colgate's players weren't athletic, or did not hit hard enough. You don't accomplish the things that team did by being short on athleticism, or by not hitting hard enough.

So I'm adducing from that that our talent level is where it needs to be. As I said, I think the difference was Colgate's consistent effort by its well-coached and more experienced players.

You should be pleased. I'm using Colgate as a measuring stick. And everyone knows you measure yourself against the best. ;)

colgate13
April 30th, 2005, 09:55 PM
You should be pleased. I'm using Colgate as a measuring stick. And everyone knows you measure yourself against the best. ;)

You should be pleased as well. It's teams like Fordham that keep Colgate hungry to stay at the top!

Overall, we should all be pleased. The PL has come light years from where it was 10 years ago.