10-3 San Diego
10-10 Bye
10-17 Valparaiso
10-24 at Campbell
10-31 Davidson
11-7 at Dayton
11-14 at Jacksonville
11-21 Drake

Over at the Pioneer board, one person (the admin) wondered how much Butler is getting to travel to Dartmouth xlolxxlolx while another thanked Butler for finally upgrading their schedule xlolxxlolx

When I pointed out that they were playing Hanover College at home and not traveling to Hanover to play Dartmouth my post got deleted xeyebrowx

danefan
January 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
9-5 Albion College
9-12 at Franklin College
9-19 Hanover College
9-26 at Morehead State
10-3 San Diego
10-10 Bye
10-17 Valparaiso
10-24 at Campbell
10-31 Davidson
11-7 at Dayton
11-14 at Jacksonville
11-21 Drake

Over at the Pioneer board, one person (the admin) wondered how much Butler is getting to travel to Dartmouth xlolxxlolx while another thanked Butler for finally upgrading their schedule xlolxxlolx

When I pointed out that they were playing Hanover College at home and not traveling to Hanover to play Dartmouth my post got deleted xeyebrowx

That's good stuff! Ha!

And that is a horrendous schedule.

Where is 401k's? I know he was told that Butler would be upgrading its schedule soon. Clearly that didn't happen. Travelling to a DIII is a bad move.

89Hen
January 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
9-5 Albion College
9-12 at Franklin College
9-19 Hanover College
That is easily the worst OOC schedule I've ever seen by a DI team. xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x

Syntax Error
January 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
When I pointed out that they were playing Hanover College at home and not traveling to Hanover to play Dartmouth my post got deleted that PFL board is no good

danefan
January 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Not everyone on the PFL board is horrible - DetroitFlyer and 401k's are good guys. DetroitFlyer has some "odd" views on FCS football, but all-in-all they are decent guys. There are some other over there that have no perspective on FCS football and yet make themselves out as experts.

UNHFan
January 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Can someone put the state next to the college

nwFL Griz
January 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
9-5 Albion College (Michigan)
9-12 at Franklin College (Indiana)
9-19 Hanover College (Indiana)

The rest should be obvious.

Retro
January 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
http://blog.canoe.ca/mediam/cupcake.jpg

GannonFan
January 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
9-5 Albion College (Michigan)
9-12 at Franklin College (Indiana)
9-19 Hanover College (Indiana)

The rest should be obvious.

Wow, 3 DIII schools as the sole OOC games. I'd love to hear the defense of this scheduling as it pertains to getting a playoff invite. xrolleyesx

danefan
January 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM
The guys at the PFL board clarified that they were talking about a matchup with Dartmouth in 2011 or 2012, not this season.

They also said that Butler is at YSU next year and Indiana State after that.

DetroitFlyer
January 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
that PFL board is no good

Look who's talking....

gr8ness97
January 28th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Was Indiana State worth mentioning? Is that supposed to be some kind of compliment?

DetroitFlyer
January 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Yep, Butler is working to upgrade their schedules, but not in 2009. Remember where Butler was back in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.... Things were looking grim. In 2008, Butler's improvement plan began to yield some results. I believe the thought is that by 2010, 2011, 2012, Butler will be improved enough to play the YSU's, Indiana States, and Dartmouths of FCS. I mean come on, what will SFUP gain by getting hammered at Northern Iowa in 2009 beside maybe a few coins?

I have said it before and I'll say it again, (one of my odd views), losing all or most of your games on a consistent basis is a great way to kill a program. How may years can SFUP go 0-11 before the program is dropped? Frankly, if SFUP played some lower division teams and WON, it might help build momentum for the program. Win two or three lower division games and maybe two or three NEC games and all of a sudden you are 6-5 instead of 0-11. Trust me, the fans in Loretto, PA have no idea that Westminster or Grove City are any different than Robert Morris. Sad but true.

I do not like Butler's 2009 schedule, but I think they have a plan that so far looks like it is coming together. Frankly, it is probably a good thing that Butler is not run by the so called experts on this board.

danefan
January 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Yep, Butler is working to upgrade their schedules, but not in 2009. Remember where Butler was back in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.... Things were looking grim. In 2008, Butler's improvement plan began to yield some results. I believe the thought is that by 2010, 2011, 2012, Butler will be improved enough to play the YSU's, Indiana States, and Dartmouths of FCS. I mean come on, what will SFUP gain by getting hammered at Northern Iowa in 2009 beside maybe a few coins?

I have said it before and I'll say it again, (one of my odd views), losing all or most of your games on a consistent basis is a great way to kill a program. How may years can SFUP go 0-11 before the program is dropped? Frankly, if SFUP played some lower division teams and WON, it might help build momentum for the program. Win two or three lower division games and maybe two or three NEC games and all of a sudden you are 6-5 instead of 0-11. Trust me, the fans in Loretto, PA have no idea that Westminster or Grove City are any different than Robert Morris. Sad but true.

I do not like Butler's 2009 schedule, but I think they have a plan that so far looks like it is coming together. Frankly, it is probably a good thing that Butler is not run by the so called experts on this board.

If I remember correctly you used to use the same argument against Albany's OOC scheduling. Its clear St. Francis, Bryant and other NEC teams are following in Albany's footsteps to an extent. Scheduling up and getting experience and recruiting benefit of playing at Montana, Delaware, etc. has really helped Albany. What makes you so sure it wouldn't help PFL teams like Butler?

401ks
January 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
As it has been pointed out, the travel and Dartmouth questions were in relation to 2010 and beyond.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the 2009 schedule. I had been told that 2008 was the last year for Albion. I don't know what happened there.

Just a reminder that Butler was 0-11 in 2005.

Indiana State may be weak now, but hopefully they will get their act together and become competitive over the next few years. I am a firm believer that Butler should be playing ISU on a regular basis. It's a no-brainer.

Everyone here should know that multi-year contracts are the norm in college football. I would assume that 2009 was largely set after the 0-11 season and before the new staff came on board.

Patience, ladies and gentlemen. Patience.

GO DAWGS!

Go...gate
January 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
The guys at the PFL board clarified that they were talking about a matchup with Dartmouth in 2011 or 2012, not this season.

They also said that Butler is at YSU next year and Indiana State after that.

That makes sense - Colgate's long-standing home-and home with Dartmouth ends, I believe, after 2010.

WrenFGun
January 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
UNH's does, too, I believe. They're tired of playing us.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 29th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wow, 3 DIII schools as the sole OOC games. I'd love to hear the defense of this scheduling as it pertains to getting a playoff invite. xrolleyesx

Didn't Butler schedule a pair of NAIA's last year, meaning this is an upgrade?

Model Citizen
January 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Didn't Butler schedule a pair of NAIA's last year

No.

DFW HOYA
January 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
As it has been pointed out, the travel and Dartmouth questions were in relation to 2010 and beyond.

Dartmouth has not confirmed any non-conference games beyond 2011.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48870&SPID=4719&DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=608912

Model Citizen
January 29th, 2009, 09:23 PM
That is easily the worst OOC schedule I've ever seen by a DI team. xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x

Butler and Franklin are old rivals, and Franklin made the D-III quarterfinals last fall.

Valparaiso's schedule isn't official yet, but in terms of both quality and quantity of games, it will make Butler's schedule look very good. Wait and see.

Go...gate
January 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
That makes sense - Colgate's long-standing home-and home with Dartmouth ends, I believe, after 2011.

Fixed it.

danefan
January 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Butler and Franklin are old rivals, and Franklin made the D-III quarterfinals last fall.

Valparaiso's schedule isn't official yet, but in terms of both quality and quantity of games, it will make Butler's schedule look very good. Wait and see.

Albany and Union and Ithaca are old rival too. Doesn't mean you schedule them anymore.

Things change. Butler moved to Div I. Time to start acting like it.

89Hen
January 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Albany and Union and Ithaca are old rival too. Doesn't mean you schedule them anymore.

Things change. Butler moved to Div I. Time to start acting like it.
Agreed. Delaware and West Chester are old rivals too.... oh wait.... nevermind xoopsx:o

GannonFan
January 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Agreed. Delaware and West Chester are old rivals too.... oh wait.... nevermind xoopsx:o

Well, we did stop playing Gettysburg even though they were a long time rival. Generally we quit teams that went DIII. xreadx