PDA

View Full Version : Overrated

GrizzlyBill
November 20th, 2005, 10:55 PM
As I said on another thread, we were overrated most all year, but give credit. These kids won some tough games. Played the #10 I-A team a respectable game. We ran into a buzz saw on Saturday in Bozeland. Lulay deserved the game. The guy is awsome. Too bad when it happens like that, where a very talented kid winds up on a team lacking the other essential parts. Although the Cats gave us a whupping, it's nothing to hang our heads too long about. We expect order to be restored next year. Lex will be back. It could be worse.

Coaching . . . ?? Armchair experts can criticize, but coaches can learn from mistakes, too. We'll see. I just want to see more disclipline, less holding and false start penalties.

I am happy at the turn of events in general, although on Saturday I felt like S**t by about 2 o'clock. I am glad EWU is in. Too bad the Cats aren't. They would beat several in the field, if not all. Berquist is just a frosh, remember, and the loss yesterday wasn't all his fault.

I don't hold out much realistic hope for the Griz in this field. I think EWU has a damn good chance of going all the way. There are a lot of interesting games coming up this week.

ISN'T I-AA GREAT??!!

youwouldno
November 20th, 2005, 11:04 PM
You got killed by Oregon. There was nothing respectable about it.

Tod
November 20th, 2005, 11:49 PM

I guess it just depends on how you look at it. We were similar to Stansford UW and OSU in the margin of loss area. I think you could put any other team on their schedule with that score next to their name, and the only one that would raise eyebrows is USC.

Thu, Sep 01 Houston 38 - 24 (W)
Sat, Sep 10 Montana 47 - 14 (W)
Sat, Sep 17 Fresno State 37 - 34 (W)
Sat, Sep 24 USC 45 - 13 (L)
Sat, Oct 01 Stanford 44 - 20 (W)
Sat, Oct 08 Arizona State 31 - 17 (W)
Sat, Oct 15 Washington 45 - 21 (W)
Sat, Oct 22 Arizona 28 - 21 (W)
Sat, Nov 05 California 27 - 20 (W) OT
Sat, Nov 12 Wash. State 34 - 31 (W)
Sat, Nov 19 Oregon State 56 - 14 (W)

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2005, 12:58 AM

The score looked much worse than the game actually was. Oregons front four shut everything down, so we were left with a lot of punting. A lot of that punting was horrible (8 punts with a 32 yard average with a long of 38). Oregon ended up with great field position the whole game.

They ended up kicking a team record 6 field goals that day. Here is a summation:

Of Oregons 15 possessions, 6 started in Montana territory:
Mont 20-FG
Mont 35-FG
Mont 49-Punt
Mont 38-TD
Mont 17-FG
Mont 38-TD

Amazing how after watching that game, one could come away feeling the D did a great job, but they did. One cannot give Oregon that many short fields and not expect to get drilled.

If it weren't for the D, it would have been even worse. And yes, it was painful to watch.