PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting/Signing Day

appstate38
January 27th, 2009, 11:44 AM
With Signing day drawing near, I just wanted to get a sense of how you feel your favorite FCS team is doing so far. The Apps lists so far has mostly skill players, I haven't seen any DL/OL types yet. The group we have so far appears to fill some needs that will help with depth.

Zac Baker LB
Micheal Frazier LB
Brandon Grier LB
Jamal Jackson QB
Jamill Lott ATH- could be a QB as well
Troy Sanders DB
Quin Thornton ATH
Tony Washington ATH

EagleDawg
January 27th, 2009, 11:52 AM
you can add Peacock, ATH and Kimbrough, LB to the ASU list. Don't see any OL/DL yet. What's up with that?

Skjellyfetti
January 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM
you can add Peacock, ATH and Kimbrough, LB to the ASU list. Don't see any OL/DL yet. What's up with that?

They won't sign any defensive linemen this class. Why there aren't any OL yet... I have no idea.

technocat
January 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Verbally Committed:
David Abercrombie 6'4" 255lb OL Rockwall, TX
Brad Daly 6'2" 205lb DE Helena, MT
Shonquille Dorsey 6'1" 240lb DL Dallas, TX
Killian Fitzpatrick 6'8" 260lb OL Beaverton, OR
Joel Fuller 6'1" 185lb S Libby, MT
Preston Gale 6'3" 245lb DE Forney, TX
Everett Gilbert 5'10" 175lb WR/CB Rockwall, TX
Darius Jones 5'11" 170lb WR/CB Rockwall, TX
Denarius McGhee 6'0" 190 lb QB Dallas, TX
Zach Minter 6'2" 260lb DL Phoenix, AZ
Jace Muri 5'10" 170lb WR/CB Billings, MT
Chris Wilson 6'0" 170lb WR/CB Great Falls, MT

Mid-Year Transfer:
Elvis Akpla 6'2" 185lb WR Portland, OR

Pretty broad group, definitely looking for the line and athletes that can play cb/wr. Hopefully Gilbert, Akpla, or Muri really pan out for us as receivers cause we have been hurting. Overall I'm very happy with the job Ash and his staff (esp coach Gaines!) have been doingxpeacex

TTUEagles
January 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I'm sure no one cares about little ol' TTU, but we have commits from:
OL out of Kingsport TN (recruited by Vandy, UT, etc. last spring) - Hunter Beedle;
4-A allstate WR from Fayette AL who apparently previously committed to Arkansas St. - C. Billups
WR out of Cincinnati Ohio - Marty Jones
ATH - Zack Ziegler from Greenbrier, TN (son of former '85 Sugar Bowl LB Kelly Ziegler - Tennessee)
TE transfer from UAB
LB transfer from UConn
(I've only been told of the transfers, I've seen documentation on the I-net regarding the current committments.

catamount man
January 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I am MORE than impressed with the kids that have verbally committed to Western Carolina. I am even more impressed with a coaching staff that, unlike the previous staff, started taking names last summer and STAYED ON THE KIDS, going after many kids who were being offered by MAC, Sunbelt, and even a couple of BIG 12 schools.

Wagner won 3 games last year with Briggs kids, and just a few of his own from his 1 month of recruiting. If we can go 6-5 or 7-4 in 2009, with the type of athlete he and his staff are going after............katie bar the door. CANNOT WAIT until February 4, 2009.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

GOKATS
January 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Verbally Committed:
David Abercrombie 6'4" 255lb OL Rockwall, TX
Brad Daly 6'2" 205lb DE Helena, MT
Shonquille Dorsey 6'1" 240lb DL Dallas, TX
Killian Fitzpatrick 6'8" 260lb OL Beaverton, OR
Joel Fuller 6'1" 185lb S Libby, MT
Preston Gale 6'3" 245lb DE Forney, TX
Everett Gilbert 5'10" 175lb WR/CB Rockwall, TX
Darius Jones 5'11" 170lb WR/CB Rockwall, TX
Denarius McGhee 6'0" 190 lb QB Dallas, TX
Zach Minter 6'2" 260lb DL Phoenix, AZ
Jace Muri 5'10" 170lb WR/CB Billings, MT
Chris Wilson 6'0" 170lb WR/CB Great Falls, MT

Mid-Year Transfer:
Elvis Akpla 6'2" 185lb WR Portland, OR

Pretty broad group, definitely looking for the line and athletes that can play cb/wr. Hopefully Gilbert, Akpla, or Muri really pan out for us as receivers cause we have been hurting. Overall I'm very happy with the job Ash and his staff (esp coach Gaines!) have been doingxpeacex

I'm pretty damn excited about this group, still 2-3 to go.xthumbsupx

ASU
January 27th, 2009, 09:13 PM
With Signing day drawing near, I just wanted to get a sense of how you feel your favorite FCS team is doing so far. The Apps lists so far has mostly skill players, I haven't seen any DL/OL types yet. The group we have so far appears to fill some needs that will help with depth.

Have you not heard about our new offense.....no linemen.....we will no longer block any defensive player.....we just plan to out run them.xhurrayx

TTUEagles
January 28th, 2009, 05:13 PM
TTU just got a DB from Cincy (DeShawn Harris) to de-commit from Eastern Illinois and pick Tech. TTU has hit the Cincy area hard last year and this year.