PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 09!

PantherRob82
January 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM
UNI's bye week falls on Halloween this year. I am looking at making a road trip to meet some new AGSers and see some new teams and stadiums. Here are some games I'm looking at. Am I missing any big ones?

Weber State @ Montana
James Madison @ Delaware
Cal Poly @ North Dakota - this game is guessed to be on the 31st...
Georgetown @ Old Dominion
App St @ Furman
Elon @ Wofford
McNeese @ Nicholls

any thoughts guys?

ASUG8
January 26th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Depending on game times, you could do Elon/Wofford and ASU/Furman the same day - Wofford and Furman are at the most :45 apart.

Appinator
January 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
UNI's bye week falls on Halloween this year. I am looking at making a road trip to meet some new AGSers and see some new teams and stadiums. Here are some games I'm looking at. Am I missing any big ones?

Weber State @ Montana
James Madison @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
Elon @ Wofford
McNeese @ Nicholls

any thoughts guys?

Other than getting to watch a great game, Greenville (home of FU) isn't really that exciting of a place to visit.

Depending on how the season starts off, I think the JMU game at the Tub would be great, and if Weber can keep this past season's success going, that would be a great game at UM too.

Skjellyfetti
January 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I agree with the folks above me-- Weber-Montana or JMU-Delaware.

Eight Legger
January 26th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Weber State @ Montana
James Madison @ Delaware
App St @ Furman
Elon @ Wofford
McNeese @ Nicholls

any thoughts guys?

No offense intended, but you might be better off watching a HS game in Iowa instead of traveling to see this game.

AppChicago
January 26th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Other than getting to watch a great game, Greenville (home of FU) isn't really that exciting of a place to visit.

Aw, c'mon now. Greenville's pretty nice.

ASUG8
January 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM

I was about to say, I think some AGS'ers on here would disagree. It's no Charlotte, but that's exactly the point. Lots of stuff going on downtown in the fall.

PantherRob82
January 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Depending on game times, you could do Elon/Wofford and ASU/Furman the same day - Wofford and Furman are at the most :45 apart.

That would be very cool.xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
January 26th, 2009, 03:43 PM
No offense intended, but you might be better off watching a HS game in Iowa instead of traveling to see this game.

It's ODU's first season though. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
January 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Right now Weber at Montana is one of my top choices. I have family just south of missoula, so that throws a lot into the pot. Plus Griz fans are great, and I never have time to meet up when I'm out there.

The SoCon doubleheader in SC would also be very cool. I think there would be a good chance for some double headers in the NE that day as well.

If UNH has a game this weekend, that might throw another curve into the decision making process. It's always fun to see the UNH crew.

ASUG8
January 26th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Right now Weber at Montana is one of my top choices. I have family just south of missoula, so that throws a lot into the pot. Plus Griz fans are great, and I never have time to meet up when I'm out there.

The SoCon doubleheader in SC would also be very cool. I think there would be a good chance for some double headers in the NE that day as well.

If UNH has a game this weekend, that might throw another curve into the decision making process. It's always fun to see the UNH crew.

#1,#2, and #3 in the SoCon within 50 miles of each other. Plus Furman has one of the most beautiful campuses I've seen.

Appinator
January 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM

I was about to say, I think some AGS'ers on here would disagree. It's no Charlotte, but that's exactly the point. Lots of stuff going on downtown in the fall.

I lived there for two years. Greenville is a nice place to visit if it involves a short drive from where you live to enjoy a fall afternoon. But, I don't think I would fly half way across the country to visit the place for a vacation.

To each his own though...

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 26th, 2009, 05:06 PM

We've got Northeastern at home that weekend.
Too late for Striped Bass in the river, but sure we could fine something to do.xsmiley_wix

PantherRob82
January 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
We've got Northeastern at home that weekend.
Too late for Striped Bass in the river, but sure we could fine something to do.xsmiley_wix

I didn't know that was announced. That definitely joins the conversation now.

Right now I'd say:

#1- Montana
#2- UNH
#3- The SoCon doubleheader

Costs are definitely going to come into play though. xsmhx

PantherRob82
January 26th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Wow.....flights that way are expensive.

catamount man
January 26th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Western Carolina plays at Chattanooga on Halloween. Just throwing it out there for ya.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

uofmman1122
January 27th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Come to Missoula!!!

It's gonna be a rockin' game! xthumbsupx

Tealblood
January 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Coastal is playing in the same neighborhood as your Socon doubleheader

we are at Clemson on Halloween

i would love to think we can play with them for a bit

93henfan
January 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Well, you already root for a purple team so you have the proper attire. Now just load up on streamers and you can come to Newark and support the Mickey Mice.

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I lived there for two years. Greenville is a nice place to visit if it involves a short drive from where you live to enjoy a fall afternoon. But, I don't think I would fly half way across the country to visit the place for a vacation.

To each his own though...

Aren't we talking about watching one or two football games? Personally, I wouldn't fly across the country until it gets to be playoff time either, but that's not the OP's intent. Just noting that there are a couple of great SoCon battles here in the upstate - maybe he could drive on up to Asheville on Sunday and see the parkway, etc.

andy7171
January 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Towson is hosting Richmond, we usually play noon games vs the Spiders for some unknown reason. If the JMUv. UD game is later you could do a double header, Towson, MD is only 45-50 minutes from Newark, DE.

JMU v. Delaware would be a good one to go to. Big home crowd, a-hole Dukes fans throwing streamers pissing off the drunken Blue Hen red necks. What else could be more entertaining.

DFW HOYA
January 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM

Don't sell these teams short--it should be a great game. If I can get there, I'd go.

93henfan
January 27th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Towson is hosting Richmond, we usually play noon games vs the Spiders for some unknown reason. If the JMUv. UD game is later you could do a double header, Towson, MD is only 45-50 minutes from Newark, DE.

JMU v. Delaware would be a good one to go to. Big home crowd, a-hole Dukes fans throwing streamers pissing off the drunken Blue Hen red necks. What else could be more entertaining.

Andy valiantly tries to boost Towson's home attendance from 5,000 to 5,001.

On a serious note, attending a Towson or Delaware game puts you smack in the middle of many other things to do on a long weekend. You'd be within two hours either way of DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC and all the museums, civil war sites, nightlife, and five NFL teams the Sunday after.

bodoyle
January 27th, 2009, 08:11 AM
CCU clemmy. clemmy in orange, CCU in black. It's perfect.

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
CCU clemmy. clemmy in orange, CCU in black. It's perfect.

Very few things would make me happier than to see Clempsun drop to you guys (or anybody else for that matter).

appfan2008
January 27th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I am only slightly biased to the ASU/Socon games but the fact you get 2 games and the possibility of 4 top 25 teams and possibly 3 in the top 10!!!! cant be beat

OhioHen
January 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I'd go for whatever doubleheader is most feasible. If just one game, my non-homer pick would be a visit to Wa-Griz.

PantherRob82
January 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Coastal is playing in the same neighborhood as your Socon doubleheader

we are at Clemson on Halloween

i would love to think we can play with them for a bit

I'd love to see a game at Clemson.

AshevilleApp2
January 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I'd love to see a game at Clemson.

If you decide for the Upstate South Carolina games give some lead time. I'm sure the Greenville contingent can arrange a get together. xnodx

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
If you decide for the Upstate South Carolina games give some lead time. I'm sure the Greenville contingent can arrange a get together. xnodx

Absolutely, 'cept ya'll UNI peepul tawlk funny...xlolx

I'm sure we can make an exception and be more than accomodating hosts.xnodx

JMU Newbill
January 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Well, you already root for a purple team so you have the proper attire. Now just load up on streamers and you can come to Newark and support the Mickey Mice.

And once again, unwarranted and unprovoked remarks towards JMU fans. Gotta love it.

Anyway... the SoCon double header is tempting. Depending on how early you want to make travel plans, I may wait until closer time and see how the beginning of the season pans out. Delaware vs. JMU could end up being a VERY important game, assuming UR and Villanova are both favorites in the CAA South. Hate to think like this, but Delaware vs. JMU could very well determine the last playoff spot given from the CAA.

But even from a JMU fan, I'd have to say, without heavy implications on the Delaware game.... if I were gonna travel and make a weekend of it, I'd go for the SoCon double header.

andy7171
January 27th, 2009, 01:00 PM
And once again, unwarranted and unprovoked remarks towards JMU fans. Gotta love it.

streamers, bandl

There's you warrant and provoke! xlolxxlolxxlolx

xbawlingx

93henfan
January 27th, 2009, 01:04 PM
pissing off the drunken Blue Hen red necks. What else could be more entertaining.

And once again, unwarranted and unprovoked remarks towards Delaware fans. Gotta love it.

andy7171
January 27th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Well someone has to stand up and fight, lord know our defense hasn't in years!

UNCBears2010
January 27th, 2009, 01:11 PM
You mean you don't want to come see UNC and South Dakota?xlolxxlolx

PantherRob82
January 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Andy valiantly tries to boost Towson's home attendance from 5,000 to 5,001.

On a serious note, attending a Towson or Delaware game puts you smack in the middle of many other things to do on a long weekend. You'd be within two hours either way of DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC and all the museums, civil war sites, nightlife, and five NFL teams the Sunday after.

I know, I attempted to fly into DC in 2006 and see JMU @ UD, civil war stuff, and the surrounding area, but it didn't work out.

PantherRob82
January 27th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Absolutely, 'cept ya'll UNI peepul tawlk funny...xlolx

I'm sure we can make an exception and be more than accomodating hosts.xnodx

WE talk funny? xlolxxlolxxlolx

PantherRob82
January 27th, 2009, 01:16 PM
You mean you don't want to come see UNC and South Dakota?xlolxxlolx

Nope. I see USD, and have no desire to come out to UNC at this time. :);)

jmufan999
January 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM
weber-montana, without a doubt. no question there. you have my preseason favorite to win the WP Award (Higgins) at a very tough stadium. good rivalry from what i hear. if UD plays like they did this year, skip that one. Wofford is fun to watch and so is App State, although i think they'll crush Furman, i don't care where it's being played.

SunCoastBlueHen
January 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM
You could skip football all together and come to Tampa's version of Mardi Gras called Guavaween. Many of the pictures I found were not suitable for posting per the terms of service.

http://k43.pbase.com/v3/75/468675/1/51497192.DSC_2147.JPG

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/27/images/tb_guavaween_300.jpg

I've never been, but I'm sure 813Jag could tell you all about it.

:D

ASUG8
January 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM
WE talk funny? xlolxxlolxxlolx

Note the blatant misspellings...xnodx

Sarcasm just doesn't work well in written form......

PantherRob82
January 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM
So far, looks like driving may be a better option than flying. xeekx

PantherRob82
January 30th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Well....this one may have been over before it was done, but I just realized:

Oct 24th we play at South Dakota St. That's right off our normal driving route. After the game, head back to Sioux Falls, hop on 90 and off to Montana!

Be ready for me Griz fans. I expect hospitality, especially since you aren't playing UNI.

So throw in that I have 23 relatives in Stevensville, and it's ALL OVER. :D

Silenoz
January 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Well....this one may have been over before it was done, but I just realized:

Oct 24th we play at South Dakota St. That's right off our normal driving route. After the game, head back to Sioux Falls, hop on 90 and off to Montana!

Be ready for me Griz fans. I expect hospitality, especially since you aren't playing UNI.

So throw in that I have 23 relatives in Stevensville, and it's ALL OVER. :D

Huh? According to the Bobcat fans we're all drunk arrogant a$$holes

So....watch out!

PantherRob82
January 30th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Huh? According to the Bobcat fans we're all drunk arrogant a$$holes

So....watch out!

Well, I've heard that from our fans, too. Hopefully everything comes together. I'm thinking chances are 90% or higher right now.

I've wanted to watch a game at Wash Griz for a VERY long time. I saw it once in the summer. Can't even imagine gameday.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 30th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Have fun Rob!! That's where I would have headed.

Grizo406
January 30th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I've wanted to watch a game at Wash Griz for a VERY long time. I saw it once in the summer. Can't even imagine gameday.

I haven't missed a Griz home game in more years than I care to remember.

You'd think it would get kinda' "routine" for someone that goes to so many games...but it doesn't! I still have trouble sleeping before a home game, only because of the atmosphere, tailgates, and just the fun of it! It is a hoot, and a real pleasure!

If you decide to come to Washington/Grizzly to watch a game, I guarantee you won't be disappointed in your choice!

PantherRob82
January 30th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I haven't missed a Griz home game in more years than I care to remember.

You'd think it would get kinda' "routine" for someone that goes to so many games...but it doesn't! I still have trouble sleeping before a home game, only because of the atmosphere, tailgates, and just the fun of it! It is a hoot, and a real pleasure!

If you decide to come to Washington/Grizzly to watch a game, I guarantee you won't be disappointed in your choice!

I know, Grizo. The Cap'n always talks you guys up. I'm sure the game, the atmosphere and the fans will not dissapoint.

apaladin
January 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=PantherRob82;1292211

So throw in that I have 23 relatives in Stevensville, and it's ALL OVER. :D[/QUOTE]

I would think that would be a good reason NOT to go that way, LOL!
Greenville has Furman with Clempson 30 miles west and Wofford 30 miles east. If you reconsider and come to Greenville I'll see if I can put you up!

ngineer
January 31st, 2009, 08:40 PM
Oh yes, you're missing a big one. PL title implications will be on the line that weekend in Hamilton, NY, when Lehigh plays Colgate. For once, we're not going there in November. We just might get lucky and play a game in above freezing temps!xnodx