PDA

View Full Version : UNH to play Ball State in '09

R3TRO
January 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
It's about time we got the news, I was starting to get nervous that we weren't going to get a FBS opponent next year.

UNH gridders to face Ball St. (http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=UNH+gridders+to+face+Ball+St .&articleId=3b577396-74ff-4bf2-8795-2c1555d811b1)

WrenFGun
January 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Glad to hear we're playing someone this year. Weird to see Mass in October, though.

Go Bison
January 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I think UNH will continue its tradition of beating FBS teams in this game.

WrenFGun
January 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I think their starting QB, Nate Davis, declared for the NFL Draft. UNH sure seems to know how to pick 'em.

danefan
January 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I think their starting QB, Nate Davis, declared for the NFL Draft. UNH sure seems to know how to pick 'em.

Perfect scheduling for UNH. A team that made a lot of headlines this year in FBS will be vulnerable for an upset. UNH really knows how to handle scheduling.

appfan2008
January 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
sounds like another unh win over fbs

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Perfect scheduling for UNH. A team that made a lot of headlines this year in FBS will be vulnerable for an upset. UNH really knows how to handle scheduling.

This scheduling was completed very late in the game when there weren't anywhere near as many options. Considering that, it was a great signing.

BTW, we still need another game, either 9/5 or 9/19, so I'm not sure how many accolades my alma mater deserves.

Now for the important stuff, Husky Alum what recommendations do you have from your trip to Muncie this past season.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM

I believe that is correct. And I think they've had some changes in their coaching staff too. Still, it's definitely not the slam dunk that some of you are making this out to be. We'll be breaking in a lot of new guys on the OL so we have our share of turnover too. Heck of a lot better chance than in Norman or The Swamp though!!! ;) xnodx xnodx :D

danefan
January 26th, 2009, 10:24 AM
This scheduling was completed very late in the game when there weren't anywhere near as many options. Considering that, it was a great signing.

BTW, we still need another game, either 9/5 or 9/19, so I'm not sure how many accolades my alma mater deserves.

Now for the important stuff, Husky Alum what recommendations do you have from your trip to Muncie this past season.

Albany hasn't announced their schedule yet and word is there will be a CAA team coming to Albany on 9/19.....(I heard it was Maine, but you never know).

UNHWildCats
January 26th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Albany hasn't announced their schedule yet and word is there will be a CAA team coming to Albany on 9/19.....(I heard it was Maine, but you never know).
I doubt it would be UNH, they would just assume play a lesser team then Albany at home

danefan
January 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I doubt it would be UNH, they would just assume play a lesser team then Albany at home

I agree, but I would have thought the same thing about UMass and they are coming to Albany on 9/12.

EDIT: The article says they are looking for a home game. Forget what I was saying.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I agree, but I would have thought the same thing about UMass and they are coming to Albany on 9/12.

EDIT: The article says they are looking for a home game. Forget what I was saying.

Looking for a home game and getting one are two different things.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Looking for a home game and getting one are two different things.

Exactly! At this late date, I'm not sure how many options UNH will have.

Still, I'd much prefer to see a game during week one. What would that be, four of the last five seasons with the bye during week one? xeekx xoopsx

mainejeff
January 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Why does it seem like there is so much football scheduling drama in recent years???xconfusedx I thought that football schedules were always laid out 2 or 3 years in advance......or was that in the good 'ole days?