PDA

View Full Version : Hey Harvard fans

bulldog10jw
January 23rd, 2009, 07:50 PM
The father of Yale's new captain, Paul Rice, played for Harvard while you were there. Ivytalk, do you remember him?

http://yalebulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012309aae.html

Rice's father, Dr. Louis Rice, played safety for Harvard, lettering in 1975 and 1976. Yale won The Game and the Ivy League title in Louis' senior year.

UNHWildCats
January 23rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Did Dr. Rice disown his son for going to Yale? :p

bulldog10jw
January 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Did Dr. Rice disown his son for going to Yale? :p

Each generation improves on the previous one. :p

Ivytalk
January 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
I remember Lou Rice. He did get sips o' the Ivy cup in '74 and '75, though!;)

bulldog10jw
January 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/01/24/sports/24-solomon.txt

Talk about interesting family dynamics. You have a dad, Lou, who has promised to root for Yale for four years and not a minute longer; who will sit on the Yale side of the field during The Game, but won’t wear a stitch of Yale regalia.

Then you have Paul Rice, the highly productive cornerback/monster back, who doesn’t regret for a day his choice of Yale, even knowing how his dad “must have been grinding his teeth in the background when he was watching (the recruiting process) happen,” Rice said. Rice also vowed to get his dad into a Yale hat or sweater or scarf for the big game, 2009.

“I’m afraid I’m going to be bullied into doing it,” Lou Rice said. “I guess I’ll just have to live with the recriminations from my classmates at Harvard.”

It already sounds as if he’s weakening.

Moreover, the sides are lining up for the first Paul Rice progeny, boy or girl, no matter.

“All bets are off ... if we’re lucky enough to (have a grandson or granddaughter), there’s nothing that can stop me (from proselytizing the child),” Lou said.

Said Paul: “It’s going to be a bidding war. He swears that if I ever have a son who plays football, he’ll recruit the heck out of him.”

This family dynamic began when Yale pursued Paul out of

University High in Hunting Valley, Ohio, about 40 miles east of Cleveland — far more aggressively than did Harvard ... or anyone else, for that matter.

The irony is that the point man on the recruitment of Paul Rice was then-Yale offensive coordinator Joel Lamb, a Harvard graduate, who is currently the Harvard offensive coordinator.

“If (Lamb) were only at Harvard a year sooner,” mused Lou Rice, whimsically.

Cleets
January 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/01/24/sports/24-solomon.txt

Talk about interesting family dynamics. You have a dad, Lou, who has promised to root for Yale for four years and not a minute longer; who will sit on the Yale side of the field during The Game, but won’t wear a stitch of Yale regalia.

Then you have Paul Rice, the highly productive cornerback/monster back, who doesn’t regret for a day his choice of Yale, even knowing how his dad “must have been grinding his teeth in the background when he was watching (the recruiting process) happen,” Rice said. Rice also vowed to get his dad into a Yale hat or sweater or scarf for the big game, 2009.

“I’m afraid I’m going to be bullied into doing it,” Lou Rice said. “I guess I’ll just have to live with the recriminations from my classmates at Harvard.”

It already sounds as if he’s weakening.

Moreover, the sides are lining up for the first Paul Rice progeny, boy or girl, no matter.

“All bets are off ... if we’re lucky enough to (have a grandson or granddaughter), there’s nothing that can stop me (from proselytizing the child),” Lou said.

Said Paul: “It’s going to be a bidding war. He swears that if I ever have a son who plays football, he’ll recruit the heck out of him.”

This family dynamic began when Yale pursued Paul out of

University High in Hunting Valley, Ohio, about 40 miles east of Cleveland — far more aggressively than did Harvard ... or anyone else, for that matter.

The irony is that the point man on the recruitment of Paul Rice was then-Yale offensive coordinator Joel Lamb, a Harvard graduate, who is currently the Harvard offensive coordinator.

“If (Lamb) were only at Harvard a year sooner,” mused Lou Rice, whimsically.

Jeezus...
what a cluster fart... makes for good reading though xlolx

Ivytalk
January 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Jeezus...
what a cluster fart... makes for good reading though xlolx

Yeah. In this day and age, who cares that much?xcoffeex

Syntax Error
January 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah. In this day and age, who cares that much?xcoffeexsaying that and calling yourself CRIMSON???? xeekx xsmhx

Husky Alum
January 25th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Is Joel Lamb the son of Tom Lamb?

(Tom was Doug Flutie's HS coach at Natick High and was the OC at Northeastern under Barry Gallup)

Tom's a HS football coaching legend here in MA, and is one of the nicest men you'll ever meet in coaching.