PDA

View Full Version : SDSU and NDSU get games in Minnesota

Syntax Error
January 23rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
"Minnesota ... will host South Dakota State in 2010 and North Dakota State in 2011."

Minn. coach Maturi said. “We think that’s a good thing for those institutions, their fans and their alumni in this area. It’s great for Minnesota as well."

Thunderstruck84
January 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
I think it's actually USD in 2010, SDSU is playing at Minnesota this coming fall.

Syntax Error
January 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
I think it's actually USD in 2010, SDSU is playing at Minnesota this coming fall.then Minn. screwed up in their press release... xlolx Minn. is playing San Diego (USD)?

Thunderstruck84
January 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
then Minn. screwed up in their press release... xlolx Minn. is playing San Diego (USD)?
No, U of South Dakota.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/38226894.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUX

MplsBison
January 23rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
then Minn. screwed up in their press release... xlolx Minn. is playing San Diego (USD)?

www.usd.edu = South Dakota.

Therefore, USD = South Dakota.

Syntax Error
January 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
www.usd.edu = South Dakota.
Therefore, USD = South Dakota.Yep, registering a domain name is the final answer for what acronym has seniority in Division I football. xlolx

MplsBison
January 23rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Public flagship universities of a state are given priority over small private schools that don't even give scholarships in the sport.

bisonguy
January 23rd, 2009, 05:21 PM

University of South Dakota founded 1862.

University of San Diego founded 1949.

The University of South Dakota was playing football 60 years prior to the University of San Diego opening it's doors. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 23rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Looking forward to the 2011 game with the Gophs.....winnable game!!

stevdock
January 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Looking forward to the 2011 game with the Gophs.....winnable game!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to have any idea if that has a chance of happening no matter how much we all would like to see it again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to have any idea if that has a chance of happening no matter how much we all would like to see it again.

....you kidding me!!!

Gophs are always going to be a mediocre FBS program, at best.

I'll take our chances with them any year!!

MplsBison
January 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
According to Taylor in today's Forum he's looking for a home/home for 2010/2011 to fill out the schedule with Minnesota and Geo Southern already scheduled for 2011. Meaning a home game in 2011 and an away game in 2010.

So that means we could schedule UND for a game in Fargo in 09 and then sign a home/home with NDSU traveling to Grand Forks in 2010 and UND coming back to Fargo in 2011.

Then by 2012 with UND transition over, MVFC will have invited them into the conference by then.

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Lamar's head coach says NDSU is on their slate for 2010 and the Cardinals are heading to the FFD. Would this be the second straight year that a SLC school and NDSU worked to buck the wishes of MplsBison?!? FYI -- SHSU is hosting NDSU this year. ;)

Originally, they said UND -- so this may be a mistake.

Right now our eight opponents for 2010 are at McNeese, at Southeastern Louisiana, at Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State here, Langston State here, South Alabama here, at North Dakota State and South Dakota State here. We have two more contracts that we're working on and we may have them finalized in time for the signing date.

http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_017205921.html?start:int=15

Hansel
January 24th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Lamar's head coach says NDSU is on their slate for 2010 and the Cardinals are heading to the FFD. Would this be the second straight year that a SLC school and NDSU worked to buck the wishes of MplsBison?!? FYI -- SHSU is hosting NDSU this year. ;)

Wouldn't surprise me if it was USD/UND instead of NDSU/SDSU

MplsBison
January 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM

That would be a mistake as Taylor is looking for a home game in 2011 to go with Minnesota away and GSoU at home already scheduled.

Meaning we would be traveling in 2010.

Probably meant UND.

SteelCurtain
January 24th, 2009, 06:41 PM
According to Taylor in today's Forum he's looking for a home/home for 2010/2011 to fill out the schedule with Minnesota and Geo Southern already scheduled for 2011. Meaning a home game in 2011 and an away game in 2010.

So that means we could schedule UND for a game in Fargo in 09 and then sign a home/home with NDSU traveling to Grand Forks in 2010 and UND coming back to Fargo in 2011.

Then by 2012 with UND transition over, MVFC will have invited them into the conference by then.

Are you ever going to give it a rest??? Your rhetoric is so old!!! and Tired!!! You keep saying things you know nothing about!!!

Syntax Error
January 24th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Are you ever going to give it a rest??? Your rhetoric is so old!!! and Tired!!! You keep saying things you know nothing about!!!Will you take your personal smack to PM please?

SteelCurtain
January 24th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Will you take your personal smack to PM please?

NP..but you have been on these boards long enough to know this guy posts things he knows absolutely nothing about with no facts to back anything he says.

It just gets old...

LakesBison
January 24th, 2009, 10:49 PM
GOPHERS FANS AND PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY NDSU...

NDSU WILL NOT PLAY UND ... GIVE THAT A REST MPLS BISON!!

CANNOT WAIT TO HIT TCF BANK IN 2011

TexasTerror
January 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM
That would be a mistake as Taylor is looking for a home game in 2011 to go with Minnesota away and GSoU at home already scheduled.

Just like the "mistake" of NDSU visiting SHSU in 2009? MplsBison, must say, you have not been too accurate when it comes to schedule discussion. Seems you are off base with the whole NDSU-UND thing as well.

slycat
January 25th, 2009, 11:10 AM
....you kidding me!!!

Gophs are always going to be a mediocre FBS program, at best.

I'll take our chances with them any year!!

They looked better this year then they have in a long time.

Thundar
January 25th, 2009, 12:59 PM

They are and will be greatly improved over the next couple years!

BisonCM
January 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
For how many NDSU fans traveled to Minnesota, it will almost feel like a home game with the crowd for both SDSU and NDSU. That all depends on how successful the Gophers are the next couple of years to see if they can carry the momentum of the new stadium for more than one year.

darell1976
January 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM
For how many NDSU fans traveled to Minnesota, it will almost feel like a home game with the crowd for both SDSU and NDSU. That all depends on how successful the Gophers are the next couple of years to see if they can carry the momentum of the new stadium for more than one year.

I hope the game is televised.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 26th, 2009, 06:11 AM

Getting blown-out 55-0 in your last home game in the Metrodump is textbook "momentum".

New stadium will be an initial drawing card but the Goophs will always be a medicore teamxnodxxnodx

Hansel
January 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Minnesota Records

2008 7-6 (Brewster)
2007 1-11 (Brewster
2006 6-7 (Mason)
2005 7-5 (Mason)
2004 7-5 (Mason)
2003 10-3 (Mason)
2002 8-5 (Mason)

RabidRabbit
January 26th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Minnesota Records

2008 7-6 (Brewster)
2007 1-11 (Brewster
2006 6-7 (Mason)
2005 7-5 (Mason)
2004 7-5 (Mason)
2003 10-3 (Mason)
2002 8-5 (Mason)

Alright Sgt Friday!!! xsmiley_wix xarguexxarguex DANGED FACTS! :p

BearsCountry
January 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM

xlolx

MplsBison
January 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
xlolx

It's perfectly plausible that the MVFC will invite both UND and USD to the conference.

You pretend that it's not just because you don't like me personally.

Childish.

BearsCountry
January 26th, 2009, 06:54 PM
It's perfectly plausible that the MVFC will invite both UND and USD to the conference.

You pretend that it's not just because you don't like me personally.

Childish.

I have spoke with MSU officals about it and they laughed at the idea. Nobody in the MVC cares about UND or USD. We got the best Dakota schools already and no reason to go to a 12 team conference. The only expansion that they would is if Wichita State starts fb or Drake mans up and plays scholarship.

Go Bison
January 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I have spoke with MSU officals about it and they laughed at the idea. Nobody in the MVC cares about UND or USD. We got the best Dakota schools already and no reason to go to a 12 team conference. The only expansion that they would is if Wichita State starts fb or Drake mans up and plays scholarship.

I have known BearsCountry to be a very good poster and has good information. Mplsbison not so much. Not even close.

Thundar
January 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM

And best case scenario is both WSU and Drake that would rock!! But I agree no way they agree to go another 75 miles Farther north!

MplsBison
January 26th, 2009, 08:18 PM

I don't believe you for a second that you actually had a face to face conversation with anyone who matters at MSU.

But what you say is still probable given that they voted against adding NDSU in the first place.

I'll make it no secret that my ideal MVFC is a upper midwest based conference consisting of the dakota 4, UNI and the Illinois schools.

Outliers like Youngstown, Indiana and Missouri are not schools I care to keep in the conference.

As far as adding WSU, I'd vote against that, just another outlier. But they aren't going to start an FCS program. It'll be FBS or nothing.

Drake would be a fantastic addition.

Thunderstruck84
January 26th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I don't believe you for a second that you actually had a face to face conversation with anyone who matters at MSU.

But what you say is still probable given that they voted against adding NDSU in the first place.

I'll make it no secret that my ideal MVFC is a upper midwest based conference consisting of the dakota 4, UNI and the Illinois schools.

Outliers like Youngstown, Indiana and Missouri are not schools I care to keep in the conference.

As far as adding WSU, I'd vote against that, just another outlier. But they aren't going to start an FCS program. It'll be FBS or nothing.

Drake would be a fantastic addition.
So you don't beleive BearsCountry is nearly "important" enough to know and speak to any MSU officials yet you're in the know as to what the MVFC as a conference is going to do in 2012 and what the WSU officials are thinking about a football program?

MplsBison
January 26th, 2009, 10:14 PM
So you don't beleive BearsCountry is nearly "important" enough to know and speak to any MSU officials yet you're in the know as to what the MVFC as a conference is going to do in 2012 and what the WSU officials are thinking about a football program?

Yes