PDA

View Full Version : Question for Maine football fans

jaxstatealum
January 22nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
There is a rumor floating around Jacksonville that the FSU vs. Maine game will not happen this year. Something about ESPN wanting to move the FSU/Miami game.

Long story short... they are saying that Jax State will go to FSU instead. Can you confirm or deny any of this as a possibility from your end?

UNHWildCats
January 22nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
the rumors have been being discussed for several days now since Georgia Southern was expected to announce a game against a ACC team for 2009. Each ACC team though already has a fully schedule or a FCS game already.

Someone saw a short news story about this, Maine will reportedly get $900,000 in a buyout.

There was no mention though of who would become the 12th game on Florida States schedule.

PapaBear
January 22nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
There is a rumor floating around Jacksonville that the FSU vs. Maine game will not happen this year. Something about ESPN wanting to move the FSU/Miami game.

Long story short... they are saying that Jax State will go to FSU instead. Can you confirm or deny any of this as a possibility from your end?

As of now, the Maine-FSU game is still on. The only reason to think it may change is that ESPN is, allegedly, interested in doing a FSU-Miami game for opening day. Whether that comes to pass is anyone's guess. For now, it's all talk and speculation.

Eaglegus2
January 22nd, 2009, 09:29 AM

What about your game with GA TECH? Is it being cancelled if you go to FSU instead?

Whatever happens with the Maine v. FSU? I believe Maine will get the buyout so ESPN can have the Miami/FSU matchup on Labor Day.

Whomever gets the FSU game will play on Oct. 31st. The original date of the Miami/FSU game. Does Jacksonville State have an opening for Oct. 31st on their schedule.

From all indications, the announcement will come in a few days.

UNHWildCats
January 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Jax St has a game on the 31st... but from my best guess on the 4 unconfirmed SoCon games for GA Southern they will be open on the 31st.

http://schedules.travisliles.com/2009/01/2009-southern-conference-schedules.html

jaxstatealum
January 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
What about your game with GA TECH? Is it being cancelled if you go to FSU instead?

Whatever happens with the Maine v. FSU? I believe Maine will get the buyout so ESPN can have the Miami/FSU matchup on Labor Day.

Whomever gets the FSU game will play on Oct. 31st. The original date of the Miami/FSU game. Does Jacksonville State have an opening for Oct. 31st on their schedule.

From all indications, the announcement will come in a few days.

No, we are still opening up with GA Tech. After missing the playoffs last year due to a weak non-conf. schedule they are just trying to beef things up. Therefore the talk of adding the FSU game the week after Tech, or so I've heard.

We have also added Nicholls State on Sept. 26.

UNHWildCats
January 22nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
No, we are still opening up with GA Tech. After missing the playoffs last year due to a weak non-conf. schedule they are just trying to beef things up. Therefore the talk of adding the FSU game the week after Tech, or so I've heard.

We have also added Nicholls State on Sept. 26.
at Nicholls State?

jaxstatealum
January 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
at Nicholls State?

Yes, at Nicholls with a return trip in two or three years. My understanding is Nicholls has the contract and is or has signed and it is on its way back to J'ville.

jsugamecocks1
January 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
the Projected schedule here at JSU is as Follows
SEPT5 @GA Tech
SEPT12 @FSU
SEPT19 @Alabama A&M
SEPT26 @Nicholls State
OCT 3 UT Martin
OCT10 @Murray
OCT17 OFF
OCT24 EIU
OCT31 @APSU
NOV7 @SEMO
NOV14 TTU
NOV21 EKU
that is just what we think it may be there is no definate yet

jsualum97
January 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Sure would be nice to get out of that A&M game and get a home game.