PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook Recruiting

Redwyn
January 22nd, 2009, 05:39 AM
Any word if the Seawolves brought anyone in? The website doesn't really say much and I can't find any info elsewhere on the web.

CSUBUCDAD
January 22nd, 2009, 07:29 AM
Your only commit so far is this guy:

Anthony Vitto | QB
Hometown: West Hills, CA
Chaminade College Prep School
Ht: 6'1" Wt: 184

Prospects being recruited:

Ron BainesPlayer Has Film RB 5-11 163 Mount Tahoma H.S. (WA) RB #184 70 Undeclared

Caleve DeboskiePlayer Has Film WR 5-11 162 Chandler H.S. (AZ) WR #202 67 Undeclared

Alapeti MagaleiPlayer Has Film RB 5-9 202 Kahuku H.S. (HI) RB #230 63 Undeclared

Reid WallPlayer Has Film S 5-9 190 Capital H.S. (WA) S #220 62 Undeclared

Grant Cisneros OT 6-5 285 Sumner H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared Player has Decommitments

Jordan Gaut S 6-2 180 Eisenhower H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

David Gaylord DE 6-4 230 Lynden H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Alonzo Jackson WR 6-0 166 O'Dea H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Jeff Logan QB 6-1 195 Graham-Kapowsin H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Dylan Parsons RB 5-11 200 Olympia H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Scott Payton CB 5-10 170 Eastlake H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Cameron Sandquist WR 5-10 165 Redmond H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Dustin Smith OG 6-1 245 Woodland H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

EagleDawg
January 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
I read on Appalachian State's site that a kid they are recruiting, Nick Schmalhofer, OL/DL from Lancaster, PA Catholic HS, 6'-4", 240 lbs. was to visit Stony Brook later this week or early next week. Apparently he has interest from multiple schools including New Hampshire, Eastern Michigan, ASU and Stony Brook and will make his choice from those 4 after completing his visits.

Franks Tanks
January 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Your only commit so far is this guy:

Anthony Vitto | QB
Hometown: West Hills, CA
Chaminade College Prep School
Ht: 6'1" Wt: 184

Prospects being recruited:

Ron BainesPlayer Has Film RB 5-11 163 Mount Tahoma H.S. (WA) RB #184 70 Undeclared

Caleve DeboskiePlayer Has Film WR 5-11 162 Chandler H.S. (AZ) WR #202 67 Undeclared

Alapeti MagaleiPlayer Has Film RB 5-9 202 Kahuku H.S. (HI) RB #230 63 Undeclared

Reid WallPlayer Has Film S 5-9 190 Capital H.S. (WA) S #220 62 Undeclared

Grant Cisneros OT 6-5 285 Sumner H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared Player has Decommitments

Jordan Gaut S 6-2 180 Eisenhower H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

David Gaylord DE 6-4 230 Lynden H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Alonzo Jackson WR 6-0 166 O'Dea H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Jeff Logan QB 6-1 195 Graham-Kapowsin H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Dylan Parsons RB 5-11 200 Olympia H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Scott Payton CB 5-10 170 Eastlake H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Cameron Sandquist WR 5-10 165 Redmond H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Dustin Smith OG 6-1 245 Woodland H.S. (WA) 40 Undeclared

Why would all of Stony Brook's recruits be from Washington, CA, and Hawaii? I this this info is icaccurate.

CSUBUCDAD
January 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
Straight off the ESPN U recruiting site. My experience is they are pretty dead on.

Franks Tanks
January 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Straight off the ESPN U recruiting site. My experience is they are pretty dead on.

Just seems strange. Again I am not faulting you-- I wonder in the info complier is correct.

CSUBUCDAD
January 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Just seems strange. Again I am not faulting you-- I wonder in the info complier is correct.

I looked at Chuck Souths list and it jives with the names I have been hearing the last month or so.

EagleDawg
January 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Does look a bit strange but hey it's a chance to play in NY, the Big Apple. A lot of these player listings however reflect the player's stated interest in the school not necessarily vice versa. Just compare prior year's list for the schools to those players they actually signed.

Seawolf97
January 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Why would all of Stony Brook's recruits be from Washington, CA, and Hawaii? I this this info is icaccurate.

This is accurate. Also we have about 6 redshirts from last year that will see playing time this year. Plus two FBS transfers from last year who sat out 2008 a safety from Michigan and DE from Colorado. Both saw playing time at the FBS level are reportedly are pretty solid.
Three of the redshirts are local products two from Long Island an OL 6'3 280 and a TE 6'6 250 and a OL from NYC 6'4 290.

Franks Tanks
January 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
This is accurate. Also we have about 6 redshirts from last year that will see playing time this year. Plus two FBS transfers from last year who sat out 2008 a safety from Michigan and DE from Colorado. Both saw playing time at the FBS level are reportedly are pretty solid.
Three of the redshirts are local products two from Long Island an OL 6'3 280 and a TE 6'6 250 and a OL from NYC 6'4 290.

It just seems exceedingly strange that every single SBU recruit is from clear across the country.

Seawolf97
January 22nd, 2009, 08:51 PM
It just seems exceedingly strange that every single SBU recruit is from clear across the country.

Can't argue that point, We have a couple from Texas and Florida also-all redshirts signed last year . It is strange.

fuEMO
January 23rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
Supposedly Furman commit John Nenos, Gaither HS FL had an offer from Stony Brook. Looking at the list Stony Brook has a wide recruiting area. Compared to Furman. Furman's recruiting area year in year out goes: Georgia, Alabama, SC, Florida, Tennessee, NC

RageAwakening
January 23rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
actually it is not that strange, stony brook has had a good mix of players from california, florida; other states and such.

Redwyn
January 25th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Perhaps this is just due to where the scouts started looking first? It does seem strange that ESPN reports not one recruit from the East Coast looking at SBU, but it could just be that they lag a bit due to the program's status as FCS and we just hit the East later?

Just a thought. Kinda hope we get a nice class, it looks like the Big South is doing quite well with recruitment this year.

Tribe4SF
January 25th, 2009, 07:51 AM
That list has got to be wrong. Rivals shows mostly east coast targets for SB, and none of the guys on this list appear on the Rivals list.

Tribe4SF
January 25th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I believe that list is actually for Eastern Washington. Rivals shows Vitto as commited to EWU.

Uncle Buck
January 25th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Good pickup Tribe4SF. I was thinking wow, Priore is really opening up the recruiting pool when i first saw it.

Wildcat80
January 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM
I read on Appalachian State's site that a kid they are recruiting, Nick Schmalhofer, OL/DL from Lancaster, PA Catholic HS, 6'-4", 240 lbs. was to visit Stony Brook later this week or early next week. Apparently he has interest from multiple schools including New Hampshire, Eastern Michigan, ASU and Stony Brook and will make his choice from those 4 after completing his visits.

Schmalhofer committed to New Hampshire this week.

GaelsFootball
January 31st, 2009, 12:46 PM
I can confrim a spring transfer from Iona.
RB Jason Washington Jr.
He should have two years left. Was our starter towards end of year...only reason he didn't start for whole year was because of eligibility problems with the clearinghouse.

Seawolf97
January 31st, 2009, 09:55 PM
It is good to see Iona players getting a second chance with other teams. From several other posts I think Iona players are showing up at Albany and Maine also. All solid programs that appreciate their football.

danefan
February 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
It is good to see Iona players getting a second chance with other teams. From several other posts I think Iona players are showing up at Albany and Maine also. All solid programs that appreciate their football.

I missed the transfer to Albany. Any info?

Redwyn
February 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM
Good to see, was getting worried after some impressive recruitment efforts elsewhere in the conference.

Redwyn
February 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Rivals shows that Stony Brook locked two to their knowledge:

1. QB - Michael Coulter (Santa Anna, CA): Transfer from Santa Ana CC, 3 Stars

It looks like this guy was originally a Syracuse recruit, then dropped out for whatever reason (likely injury). Should be a great addition, perhaps a new starter? Dudash seemed ok this season.

2. WR - Cameron Hall (Costa Mesa, CA): Transfer from Orange Coast CC

Not much on him, though it seems he had pretty extensive recruitment documentation back in HS.

So this gives two more to the LB thus far, and perhaps a great replacement for the receivers who graduated xpeacex

SOCAL
February 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Rivals shows that Stony Brook locked two to their knowledge:

1. QB - Michael Coulter (Santa Anna, CA): Transfer from Santa Ana CC, 3 Stars

It looks like this guy was originally a Syracuse recruit, then dropped out for whatever reason (likely injury). Should be a great addition, perhaps a new starter? Dudash seemed ok this season.

2. WR - Cameron Hall (Costa Mesa, CA): Transfer from Orange Coast CC

Not much on him, though it seems he had pretty extensive recruitment documentation back in HS.

So this gives two more to the LB thus far, and perhaps a great replacement for the receivers who graduated xpeacex

Good for Stonybrook---Cali, Texas and Florida is where the skill guys reside--looks like SB is following the UNH model