PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2, ESPNU Get Three 1st Rounders

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 12:58 PM
The three announced televised games...

November 26 at Durham, New Hampshire (ESPN2 at Noon ET)
Colgate (8-3) at No. 1 New Hampshire (10-1)

November 26 at San Marcos, Texas (ESPN2 at 3:30 p.m. ET)
Georgia Southern (8-3) at No. 4 Texas State (9-2)

November 26 at Hampton, Virginia (ESPNU at 8 p.m. ET)
Richmond (8-3) at No. 3 Hampton (11-0)

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/story/9053609

umassfan
November 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM
They know to get the A10 games on tv :)

colgate13
November 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Colgate on the duece at noon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great - now you can all witness the upset live as it happens! :)

(OK, time to stop posting for a while. Too much Kool-aid again! ;)

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Seem how UNH-Colgate isn't doing so hot on the voting for best first round matchup? The other two televised matchups sure are... :)

DTSpider
November 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Just UNH but not Richmond. :(

JohnStOnge
November 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
HOORAY! I really wanted to see that GSU vs. Texas Southern game.

Umass74
November 20th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Three first round games available nation-wide is outstanding!

We can argue who should get the games, but it's great for I-AA.

I do think the #1 team should get a televised game and that's UNH...

ASU Kep
November 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
No App? Oh well, I'll be there.

Bobcat94
November 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
GSU and the deuce..... :D

Ronbo
November 20th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Didn't you guys say UNH has a Jr. High School stadium? This is good for I-AA? We'll look pretty small time.

blackfordpu
November 20th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I'll be watching the GSU@TSU-SM game this weekend. Good luck bobkitties, represent well.

JMU Duke Dog
November 20th, 2005, 02:19 PM

Yes and hopefully New Hampshire and Richmond will represent the A10 very well!

Ronbo
November 20th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised ESPN is televising any I-AA games the way you guys bad mouth them. "ESPN are idiots" thread.

mainejeff
November 20th, 2005, 02:51 PM
In regard to games "looking good" on TV, I think that as long as there are enough people in the stands, it's more about where they place the cameras than anything. I've seen games televised at Maine that shows the "visiting" side at 1/3 full constantly, while the 6,000 folks on the "home" side get no air time at all! :mad: I guess it has something to do with the good camera facilities always being on the larger side of the stadium.

ESPN should televise UNH. They need to try and build interest and an audience for the playoffs, and I can't think of a better combo than Santos and Ball to build a storyline around.

Tribe4SF
November 20th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Great schedule! I can watch the first two at home, and be on the sidelines for HU and UR.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks Jeff!!

As you know, Cowell is one-sided as well and the cameras will probably be on the same side as the majority of the crowd. Yesterday, all seats were filled but the opposite side stands are very small. Thanks to a prior administration! :mad: :anim_chai :splat: xidiotx (Are there any more emoticons to express my feelings?) :)

Seriously, these playoffs (and ESPN exposure) could be the impetus to get enhancements funded at UNH. IMHO, that would be a good thing for I-AA football. And, the product between the side and end lines should be quite good which really is the most important thing.

Didn't we have ONE first round game on ESPN (UNH@GSU) last year? Three games on this year is great!

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM

I share your disappointment. Was looking foward to some national exposure. We are a very small school still looking for some national recognition. The I-AA football fans are starting to learn our name. TV exposure would have helped our cause. Doubly surprised no ESPN since App. St. is #2.

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Colgate on the duece at noon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great - now you can all witness the upset live as it happens! :)

(OK, time to stop posting for a while. Too much Kool-aid again! ;)

DREAM ON!

DTSpider
November 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Great schedule! I can watch the first two at home, and be on the sidelines for HU and UR.

Pulling for UR or Hampton? Either would seem to be kind of funny for a W&M fan, but hoping that you come visit with the Spider fans. I think that we can use all the help we can get.

UMass922
November 20th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Didn't you guys say UNH has a Jr. High School stadium? This is good for I-AA? We'll look pretty small time.

The stadium is unimpressive, but what's more important is that I-AA display it's absolute best talent to a national audience. If Santos and Ball put on an offensive show like they've been doing all season, it will more than compensate.

ngineer
November 20th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Appy/Laffy will probably be on TV in the Lehigh Valley on either RCN Channel 4 or WFMZ-Channel 69 out of Allentown.

GSUsTALON
November 20th, 2005, 10:37 PM
The Duce baby

I like the sound

duce duce duce

Lets give them a show tex

we'll have to score 35+ to win

duce x 18-1 is the key for GSU
U heard it hear first!

Lafayette71
November 23rd, 2005, 07:39 AM
I share your disappointment. Was looking foward to some national exposure. We are a very small school still looking for some national recognition. The I-AA football fans are starting to learn our name. TV exposure would have helped our cause. Doubly surprised no ESPN since App. St. is #2.

What's more disapointing for 1-AA not getting The App St-Lafayette game is that it sounds like one of the better venues this weekend as far as stadiums and attendance goes. If you want to showcase top level 1-AA football you'd think that a top team with a big time football facillity would get the nod.

MarkCCU
November 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM
ESPN8 The Ocho!!!!

SoCon48
November 23rd, 2005, 08:12 AM
What's more disapointing for 1-AA not getting The App St-Lafayette game is that it sounds like one of the better venues this weekend as far as stadiums and attendance goes. If you want to showcase top level 1-AA football you'd think that a top team with a big time football facillity would get the nod.

You'd think.
But maybe it will force more to actually come and sit out in the cold.

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 09:02 PM
You'd think.
But maybe it will force more to actually come and sit out in the cold.

it is a surprise a seeded team doesn't get the deuce. Appy just needs to win, and be there next week. :hurray:

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Will the GSU/TSU-SM game be on the radio at all? I will be on the road some Saturday night and want keep up with it.

PantherMan
November 26th, 2005, 01:05 AM
The three announced televised games...

November 26 at Durham, New Hampshire (ESPN2 at Noon ET)
Colgate (8-3) at No. 1 New Hampshire (10-1)

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/story/9053609

Well, I know what I'll be watching at 11 in the morning tomorrow! Gonna be rough getting up that early, but I'll have time between this one and tailgating for EWU/UNI for a nap... xprost2x I don't have any Colgate memorbilia, but I do use the toothpaste! I am not against UNH winning this one, but a Colgate upset paired with a UNI win = Quarterfinals in the Dome. :hurray:

bobcatfan06
November 26th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Will the GSU/TSU-SM game be on the radio at all? I will be on the road some Saturday night and want keep up with it.

Only radio I know is KTSW 89.9 (Texas State student station). Other than that I have no clue.

BTW, ESPN2 brought in an extra tower of lights to Bobcat Stadium. Talk about BRIGHT!!! I guess since it is going to be broadcast in HD, they need more lighting than the general TV game. Anyone that knows this kinda stuff know about this??

Spider
November 26th, 2005, 08:53 AM
DREAM ON!
UNH, that would be 2005 CO CHAMPIONS......

UNHWildCats
November 26th, 2005, 09:05 AM
UNH, that would be 2005 CO CHAMPIONS......

it looks better without the co..... dun worry i know u guys were champions too. But dun worry in a fe wweeks i'll replace it...

WITH A NATION CHAMPS BANNER!

:D