PDA

View Full Version : Tough Top

Saint3333
November 20th, 2005, 12:42 PM
That top bracket is tough. I could see every team in the top bracket except Colgate and Cal Poly getting to the finals, should be some great games.

That EWU-UNI game would be my game of the week. Running versus Passing, who wins...

yosefcity
November 20th, 2005, 12:57 PM
The top is loaded!!!!

PantherMan
November 20th, 2005, 01:03 PM
The committee sure didn't show UNH any favors with their 2nd rounder, that's for sure. Whoever wins the first round shootout in the Dome will find themselves in a shootout with UNH in the 2nd round.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
We should be where Southern Illinois is and hosting…oh well…maybe we can get a GSU-ASU game in Chatty!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
The committee sure didn't show UNH any favors with their 2nd rounder, that's for sure. Whoever wins the first round shootout in the Dome will find themselves in a shootout with UNH in the 2nd round.

Being seeded is new territory for UNH. Maybe a tough road to Chatty is what newbies get. At least UNH won't have to travel -- there is some serious geography in this bracket!! NH to GA to TX to CA to WA to IO .................... :eek:

Eaglegus2
November 20th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Being seeded is new territory for UNH. Maybe a tough road to Chatty is what newbies get. At least UNH won't have to travel -- there is some serious geography in this bracket!! NH to GA to TX to CA to WA to IO .................... :eek:

How do you like The Committee's definition of regionalization? :confused:

SeattleGriz
November 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
How do you like The Committee's definition of regionalization? :confused:

I whined about this earlier. Due to regionalization, the BSC, Gateway and Southland all get each other. These three conferences are usually fairly strong.

The A10 and SoCon are strong as well, but usually the Patriot, MEAC and OVC are sprinkled in their side of the bracket. I think the "northern" bracket will always be heavy due to the regionalization.

Just my opinion, not talking smack on any conferences.

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Regionalization created some of the matchups (ex. SIU-EIU, CalPoly-Montana, etc.). They probably did a better job of this than in years past.

This can lead to some interesting games and cut travel expense for both teams and fans. There will probably be more Saluki fans able to go to Charleston than made the trip to Delaware a couple of years ago. Personally, I'm glad to have a "local" game for a change.
:)

slostang
November 20th, 2005, 05:32 PM
That top bracket is tough. I could see every team in the top bracket except Colgate and Cal Poly getting to the finals, should be some great games.

That EWU-UNI game would be my game of the week. Running versus Passing, who wins...

Is that the same EWU team that Cal Poly put up 529 yards of offense on and beat 40-35 two weeks ago. That was not intended as smack toward EWU who I think is as dangerous as any team in the playoffs. It is only to point out that if a team takes Cal Poly lightly, it will make for a long Saturday.

GrizSweeper
November 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
How is Polys new QB doing, what are his strengths, what year is he, anything please?

ThreadStopper
November 20th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Go ahead and keep overlooking the Mustangs. Having already been to Washington Grizzly stadium once this year will eleminate some of the inherent advantages of the place. You don't get many second chances in 1-AA!

Tod
November 20th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Go ahead and keep overlooking the Mustangs. Having already been to Washington Grizzly stadium once this year will eleminate some of the inherent advantages of the place. You don't get many second chances in 1-AA!

I agree. I don't like this matchup at all. :( :(

SeattleGriz
November 20th, 2005, 06:19 PM

I hardly think any Griz fans, or the team for that matter are overlooking the Mustangs. The Griz offense has been in a real funk the last three weeks and that has us a little concerned.

We only beat you guys the first time because we scored last - it wasn't decided until Cal Poly's last possession.

ThreadStopper
November 20th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Montana gets to compete against a different QB and there in no telling how that will impact the game. It should be a good one. Let's hope it does not turn into a turnover battle. Have they fixed that QB grabbing carpet yet?

GrizSweeper
November 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
how is that new qb??

Tod
November 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Montana gets to compete against a different QB and there in no telling how that will impact the game. It should be a good one. Let's hope it does not turn into a turnover battle. Have they fixed that QB grabbing carpet yet?

Yeah, they ripped it out today and put in sod. Should be just as good as Chatty last year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Is that the same EWU team that Cal Poly put up 529 yards of offense on and beat 40-35 two weeks ago. That was not intended as smack toward EWU who I think is as dangerous as any team in the playoffs. It is only to point out that if a team takes Cal Poly lightly, it will make for a long Saturday.
Actually it's not the same EWU team. We have most of our starters back and healthy now; unlike the game where we played you. And our defense has been on fire; we shut down MSUs Lulay and intercepted twice yesterday vs Cal Davis in the fog. We don't even need to see to catch the ball!

Cal Poly is a great team, but we came within 5 without a great deal of a starters. And with our defense at its best all season, and most of our team healthy again, CalPoly wouldn't win against EWU if we met up in the semis. I don't mean that to be smack either, but we're a much better Eagle team than we sent to CP.

Poly Pigskin
November 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM
How is Polys new QB doing, what are his strengths, what year is he, anything please?

I think Brennan is doing great, with the exception of the Davis game (his first start). He's a decent runner, which works well with the option attack, and he has a pretty solid arm also. It seems like we take a good number of strikes downfield each game and he has been pretty accurate with those. His numbers haven't been the flashiest (9/20 112 yds 0 TD 1 INT vs ISU last night), but the offense isn't having any trouble scoring. James Noble, our stud of a running back, probably deserves most of the credit for that though (248 yds and 5 TDs on 27 carries last night). The biggest thing I've noticed about Brennan is that he doesn't make many mental errors, which is the biggest problem for most young players forced into a big-time role like he was.

Oh, and they're both redshirt freshmen, so we have 3 more years of goodness :D.

Poly Pigskin
November 20th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Actually it's not the same EWU team. We have most of our starters back and healthy now; unlike the game where we played you. And our defense has been on fire; we shut down MSUs Lulay and intercepted twice yesterday vs Cal Davis in the fog. We don't even need to see to catch the ball!

Cal Poly is a great team, but we came within 5 without a great deal of a starters. And with our defense at its best all season, and most of our team healthy again, CalPoly wouldn't win against EWU if we met up in the semis. I don't mean that to be smack either, but we're a much better Eagle team than we sent to CP.

That was the 2nd game our freshman QB was starting, so our passing game wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders yet. You proved that you have no answer for our running game, and I'm pretty sure our secondary couldn't play any worse than they did on the 5th (credit to your strong passing game on that one though). I'm not saying we would definitely win again, but you are making it sound like an EWU blowout when the teams are actually pretty well matched talent-wise.