PDA

View Full Version : Any Word On Liberty's Replacement for the Iona Game?

ToTheLeft
January 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Was just curious if anyone knew anything about who LU is looking to pick up to replace Iona...

ngineer
January 16th, 2009, 08:31 PM
You guys still owe us a game from backing out of your contract for this past year...;)

Libertine
January 16th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Too late. You guys already cashed the check.

Seawolf97
January 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Was just curious if anyone knew anything about who LU is looking to pick up to replace Iona...

We have an open date also. We had Iona at home this year in mid November.

Monarch History
January 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Old Dominion University completed their 2009 schedule by replacing Iona with the Fordham Rams.

aceinthehole
January 17th, 2009, 02:13 PM
We have an open date also. We had Iona at home this year in mid November.

I think Sacred Heart and Wagner of the NEC also had Iona on their schedule. I think SHU would come down to Liberty for a one and done if the dates and $$$ was right.

Seawolf97
January 17th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I think Sacred Heart and Wagner of the NEC also had Iona on their schedule. I think SHU would come down to Liberty for a one and done if the dates and $$$ was right.

Maybe Wagner will make the 50 mile drive out to Suffolk County. We last played them in 2006 at Wagner .

gobluehose1
January 17th, 2009, 08:39 PM

y'all are playing us twice

ToTheLeft
January 18th, 2009, 12:01 AM
y'all are playing us twice

Oh the horror.

Sly Fox
January 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Old Dominion University completed their 2009 schedule by replacing Iona with the Fordham Rams.

bok bok bok bok

luflame15
January 22nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
Ive been hearing they are trying to get another FBS team on there or a good D-II team from the region.

Libertine
January 22nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
I'd like to know where you heard that because neither of those make any sense. FBS scheduling is done years in advance these days, not months and certainly not as a fallback. Additionally, there is no reason in the world for any FCS school to play a good DII team.

UNHWildCats
January 22nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I'd like to know where you heard that because neither of those make any sense. FBS scheduling is done years in advance these days, not months and certainly not as a fallback. Additionally, there is no reason in the world for any FCS school to play a good DII team.
Well not all FBS games are scheduled years in advance, but it still seems odd that they would be looking for either a FBS or Div II. I understand that an FBS game gets you a payout and a Div II will likely get you a home gate for the game, but neither will help you get to the playoffs (unless you actually won the FBS game)

CSUBUCDAD
January 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
Tell them to contact Newberry, they are always tough and close by as well.

SuperJon
January 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Ive been hearing they are trying to get another FBS team on there or a good D-II team from the region.

Yeah, you're definitely wrong on this one.