PDA

View Full Version : Best First Round Matchup?

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Well, which are you looking most forward to?

Colgate @ #1 UNH
Eastern Washington @ UNI

Cal Poly @ Montana
GA Southern @ #4 Texas State

Richmond @ #3 Hampton
Nicholls St @ Furman

Lafayette @ #2 Appalachian State
Southern Illinois @ Eastern Illinois

Wellington
November 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I honestly think Montana against Cal Poly is the most balanced matchup, but I havent been following the other teams progress, so I wouldnt know.

griz37
November 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I think the best has to be EWU @ UNI. Could be a great shootout. Tough draw for both teams. EWU is healing & hot. UNI is almost unbeatable at home. Great matchup.

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM
SIU-EIU
Everybody looks at their own team first.

scpivo21
November 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Richmond at Hampton.

Hampton wants respect, they have to earn it against a team running on all cylinders right now.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I'm going GA Southern in San Marcos against the Bobcats...

GA Southern runs the ball well and that gave the Bobcats headache against Nicholls...

Bobcats are gonna be tough on the home field...

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Sorry to say this, but I'm going with GSU TSU. Wish we weren't in the most exciting game this Saturday. On the plus side, at least we might get a televised game.

DTSpider
November 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Richmond at Hampton.

Hampton wants respect, they have to earn it against a team running on all cylinders right now.

I agree. Should be a great game. With both teams having good defenses it could be a 14-10 type game.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Sorry to say this, but I'm going with GSU TSU. Wish we weren't in the most exciting game this Saturday. On the plus side, at least we might get a televised game.

GSU/TxSU is the televised game at 2:30 CST

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2005, 01:12 PM
EWU UNI is a definite second. UNI got screwed by having to play them in the first round.

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM
GSU/TxSU is the televised game at 2:30 CST

Did they not say on ESPN news right after they announced N.H. and Colgate that their game could be seen "right here on ESPN"?

rcny46
November 20th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Did they not say on ESPN news right after they announced N.H. and Colgate that their game could be seen "right here on ESPN"?

Yes.It'll be on ESPN-2 at noon,eastern time.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Three televised games...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5545

blackfordpu
November 20th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I have to go with GSU@TSU-SM as well. Tx State is riding with great momentum but GSU is no slouch. I see the bobkitties out in the first round. Not good for the SLC but Nicholls St. will suprise some with their option attack and advance to the second round.

I do have one question though. How does a team (TSU-SM) that did not recieve the auto-bid from their conference and did not win the championship outright get a seed?