PDA

View Full Version : WKU's Black to transfer to Prairie View

Killtoppers90
January 15th, 2009, 11:13 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090114/SPORTS/90114014
I hope he does well in TX.

TexasTerror
January 15th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for posting! SHSU plays PV this year and I was curious what they would do at the signal-caller position.

Killtoppers90
January 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I will give him credit - he has the tools to be a good one if his head is on the right way!

813Jag
January 15th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Keep my eye on those Panthers. xreadx

Panther88
January 16th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Had a chance to meet him and seems to be a good kid. :)

It'll be interesting how he fares going head to head vs that Oklahoma txfer. :) BTW, we lost the starting LT on offense to graduation (started 38 of 41 games for PV) so that's another hole that has to be filled but w/ an entire red-shirt class consisting of 9 O-linemen waiting in the wings, I think we'll be a-o-kay as we return everyone but the starting QB and LT (offensively). xthumbsupx

I can't publicize our txfer list just yet but we lose nothing in the LB corps either. xreadx We lose 3 of 11 on defense and it's my understanding that the possible replacements, as well as those who redshirted 2 yrs prior, have worked extremely hard in the classroom/weightroom/football studying room :).

I think PV is ready to make it's first run @ a SWAC championship this fall. :)

TexasTerror
January 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
P88 -- I started a thread on KFs.com with information on opponents. Before it becomes public info, I expect a full transfer list from you on our fan board! :)

Panther88
January 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I'll share what I know TT.

813Jag
January 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Had a chance to meet him and seems to be a good kid. :)

It'll be interesting how he fares going head to head vs that Oklahoma txfer. :) BTW, we lost the starting LT on offense to graduation (started 38 of 41 games for PV) so that's another hole that has to be filled but w/ an entire red-shirt class consisting of 9 O-linemen waiting in the wings, I think we'll be a-o-kay as we return everyone but the starting QB and LT (offensively). xthumbsupx

I can't publicize our txfer list just yet but we lose nothing in the LB corps either. xreadx We lose 3 of 11 on defense and it's my understanding that the possible replacements, as well as those who redshirted 2 yrs prior, have worked extremely hard in the classroom/weightroom/football studying room :).

I think PV is ready to make it's first run @ a SWAC championship this fall. :)
Good to hear the Panthers are stocking up on talent. Wish I could say the same about the Jags. xreadx

93henfan
January 16th, 2009, 10:53 AM
From the title of the thread, I was thinking Western Kentucky only had one African American player on their team.

Panther88
January 16th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Good to hear the Panthers are stocking up on talent. Wish I could say the same about the Jags. xreadx

The eyes of Texas are always upon your Jags 813J! xnodx xthumbsupx xreadx

We've got our GOOD eyes on your guys! xsmiley_wix xeekx

813Jag
January 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM
The eyes of Texas are always upon your Jags 813J! xnodx xthumbsupx xreadx

We've got our GOOD eyes on your guys! xsmiley_wix xeekx
I learned my lesson, I'm gonna be like Lou Holtz. xlolx