PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to Texas State?

GSUBass
November 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Well...instead of driving 3 hours to stateboro to see a game, it looks like i'm going to have to fly cross country.

TxSt. fans, what's the easiest way to get their from atlanta?

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Austin or San Antonio...

San Marcos is between the two. Whichever is more accessible from Atlanta is your best bet...

BobcatSymphony
November 20th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Austin or San Antonio...

San Marcos is between the two. Whichever is more accessible from Atlanta is your best bet...

I'd say fly into Austin, there are always flights that head out of there to Atl, and definitely coming in. After that, it's a quick hop onto 35 and just head south about 30mi.

TxSt02
November 20th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Delta has daily direct flights into Austin. Easy 30 minute drive from there. If you do think you are going to make it in for the game PM me and we will make sure to connect on Friday and Ill buy you a beer.

beerkat
November 20th, 2005, 06:09 PM
like others have said, fly into Austin or San Antonio, whichever fits your budget and schedule the best

if you can't find a room in San Marcos try New Braunfels, and the locals can recommend alot of other places to stay, too bad the weathers colder or you could float the river and have the time of your life

Eagles_Cliff
November 20th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I've searched for flights from Jacksonville, Savannah, Atlanta to Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston in various combinations leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and returning Saturday, Sunday, or Monday and the fares range from $600 to $1200 :eek:

I still may drive if the weather looks OK.

Hacker
November 20th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I've searched for flights from Jacksonville, Savannah, Atlanta to Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston in various combinations leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and returning Saturday, Sunday, or Monday and the fares range from $600 to $1200 :eek:

I still may drive if the weather looks OK.

If you guys get out to tailgate early enough you are welcome to come and eat and talk football at the Bobcatfans.com tent.

beerkat
November 20th, 2005, 07:05 PM
wow, your getting hosed

go to yahoo travel, and select the option to book the flight and hotel together and you will save a ton of money

for the heck of it, I just looked up Atlanta to San Antonio, depart Friday and return Sunday, with a hotel room and got it for less than 400 dollars

I'm sure if you search more you can get it lower than that

bobcatfan06
November 20th, 2005, 09:24 PM
This weekend is a HUGE travel weekend don't forget. That is probably causing fares to skyrocket. Hope all you GSU fans make it to our lovely town safely.

DFW HOYA
November 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I've searched for flights from Jacksonville, Savannah, Atlanta to Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston in various combinations leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and returning Saturday, Sunday, or Monday and the fares range from $600 to $1200

Southwest from Jacksonville to Austin, $237 each way.

While you're at it, take a detour from Austin's airport down US 183 a half hour to Lockhart, TX, grab some barbecue before the game, then go west on TX 21 for 20 miles right into the SWT, er, "Texas State" campus. Can't go wrong at Kreuz or Smitty's markets, two of the state's finest BBQ places.

Coastal89
November 20th, 2005, 10:04 PM
$437 Roundtrip
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qryt=2&tovr=-1294747290&ps3u=

Coastal89
November 20th, 2005, 10:07 PM
$437 Roundtrip

12:15 pm Depart Atlanta (ATL)
Arrive San Antonio (SAT) 3:20 pm Thu 24-Nov
Duration: 4hr 5mn Continental 1587 / 1607
Return flights on Sunday
I found this on Expedia.com

kardplayer
November 20th, 2005, 10:48 PM
You gotta love the AGS love... 3 different people went out of their way to search for flights for someone who they've never met.

Awesome