PDA

View Full Version : Perilloux Officially Staying at JSU

jaxstatealum
January 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
By Al Muskewitz
Sports Writer
01-14-2009

While college underclassmen around the country have been declaring for the NFL Draft in the closing days before Thursday's deadline, Perrilloux remains content with his decision to return for his senior season.

The Gamecocks' junior submitted his name to the NFL Advisory Board for a draft assessment and, as The Star reported New Year's Day, was told he was draftable, but not within the first three rounds. That's all he needed to return his attention to JSU and the program he said helped restore his credibility as a player and a person.

"We just wanted to see exactly where I would stand with all the other quarterbacks in the country," Perrilloux said Tuesday. "I felt like I had an OK season and Coach thought the same way, and I think I had an opportunity if I decided to come out this year. But I just felt like I want to come back to school, get my degree and have an opportunity to win a championship.

UNI Pike
January 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
As if this was a question?

ASUG8
January 14th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Sounds like he got his personal ducks in a row after LSU - good for him and for JSU.

Syntax Error
January 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
As if this was a question?Any time a player is deemed draftable it is a question. xtwocentsx

EmeryZach
January 14th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I think staying the extra year will improve his position in next years CFL draft.

I heard the Montreal Alouettes are really interested. They are saying his jersey sales would be through the roof, and he is already very popular with the mostly French speaking fans.

Cocky
January 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
RP will get a NFL chance. He has too much physical talent.

Syntax Error
January 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I think staying the extra year will improve his position in next years CFL draft.

I heard the Montreal Alouettes are really interested. They are saying his jersey sales would be through the roof, and he is already very popular with the mostly French speaking fans.Now that is smart marketing!

KiddBrewer
January 15th, 2009, 12:50 AM
the kid would be starting at LSU right now.....he will get a shot in the NFL

Even if for some reason the NFL teams didn't think he had changed his crazy ways, Im sure the Raiders would still be interested.

UNI Pike
January 15th, 2009, 09:06 AM
As if this was a question?

I thought the purpose of leaving early for the NFL was that you had,

1. A break out year that would propel you to the front of the line, read Shonn Greene of Iowa
2. A consistency enough history and a window of opportunity at a specific position that was thin in the draft pool and widely needed among the NFL teams. A 6 foot corner with 4.2 speed for example.

I don't see either of those applying to Mr Quebec

the kid would be starting at LSU right now.....he will get a shot in the NFL

Even if for some reason the NFL teams didn't think he had changed his crazy ways, Im sure the Raiders would still be interested.

Did you have to bring up that group of misfits headed by the Crypt Keeper? At least we have a semblance of hope out in the Bay Area now that Singeltary in charge in 49 land.

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20090115/NEWS/901140276/1009/SPORTS?Title=Perrilloux_puts_NFL_draft_rumors_to_r est

Not sure why RP even thought he could come out. He really needs another year to develop and will then be a very high pick after showing that he can consistently dominate and go another year with no incidents. I really think he will be fine and expect a big year from him in 2009. One thing people have to remember is that the 4th-5th round grade is based solely on his play and nothing to do with workouts, interviews, or off field issues. It would be safe to say he is a 6th-PFA type prospect when you take the past into account but figure that he does go 3rd-4th round with a great senior season.

jsualum97
January 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I think his best shot will be in the 4th round. You have to figure that Bradford and McCoy will be the first two QB's taken.
Even though Tebow is not a highly rated NFL prospect, he will go higher than Perrilloux because of resume'