PDA

View Full Version : Does Cal Poly make it in with a 8-3 record?

slostang
November 20th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Cal Poly entered the weekend 13th ranked in both of the polls and a #5 ranking in the GPI. Cal Poly finished the season with a 35-10 win over Idaho State to go 8-3 against an all D-I schedule including a I-A game against Troy. They had big wins against Montana State (38-10), North Dakota State (37-6) and Eastern Washington (40-35).

I keep hearing that they are a bubble team and after getting snubbed last year I am nervously crossing my fingers and waiting for the selection show. Good luck to all those that are doing the same.

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Cal Poly entered the weekend 13th ranked in both of the polls and a #5 ranking in the GPI. Cal Poly finished the season with a 35-10 win over Idaho State to go 8-3 against an all D-I schedule including a I-A game against Troy. They had big wins against Montana State (38-10), North Dakota State (37-6) and Eastern Washington (40-35).

I keep hearing that they are a bubble team and after getting snubbed last year I am nervously crossing my fingers and waiting for the selection show. Good luck to all those that are doing the same.

I have you in; with YSU.. And if YSU is not in and CP is.. then the ncaa f-ed up.

slostang
November 20th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I have you in; with YSU.. And if YSU is not in and CP is.. then the ncaa f-ed up.

I think YSU is in also. If it comes down to YSU and Cal Poly for the last spot can you make a case for YSU over Poly? What is your rankings, GPI and big wins? In a perfect world we would both be in. Good luck to you FlyYtown.

rcny46
November 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I think YSU is in also. If it comes down to YSU and Cal Poly for the last spot can you make a case for YSU over Poly? What is you rankings, GPI and big wins? In a perfect world we would both be in. Good luck to you FlyYtown.

I just cannot see any scenario in which Cal Poly and YSU don't make it in.That eventuality would be absolutely beyond belief.Who could they possibly include if not one or both of those teams?

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Based on Cal-Poly over NDSU 37-6 and SIU over NDSU 9-0, Cal-Poly should be in.

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I think YSU is in also. If it comes down to YSU and Cal Poly for the last spot can you make a case for YSU over Poly? What is your rankings, GPI and big wins? In a perfect world we would both be in. Good luck to you FlyYtown.

1. We won the GATEWAY; Arguably the best league this year TOP 25 Wise.

2. We beat WKU-ILLINOIS STATE. Those were the big wins... Not huge by any means but these that ISU team did beat that UNI and SIU.