PDA

View Full Version : 2008 ECAC FCS All Star Team

footballman65
January 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
2008 ECAC Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) All-Stars
http://www.ecacsports.com/sports/fall/fball/AllStars/2008-09/08_DI_AA_FB_All-Star_Release.pdf

Player of the Year
Rodney Landers Sr. QB James Madison

Rookie of the Year
Jonathan Grimes Fr. RB William & Mary

Offense

Rodney Landers Sr. QB James Madison
David Sinsi Jr. RB Monmouth
Rashad Jennings Sr. RB Liberty
Mike Boyle Sr. WR New Hampshire
Bobby Sewall Jr. WR Brown
Scott Sicko Jr. TE New Hampshire
Nick Hennessey Sr. OL Colgate
Jon Leible Sr. OL Albany
Raphael Nguti Sr. OL Albany
Scott Lemn Sr. OL James Madison
Shane Kelley Sr. OL Brown

Defense

Jovan Belcher Sr. DL Maine
Greg Miller Sr. DL Villanova
Adrian Tracy Jr. DL William & Mary
Matt Curtis Sr. DL Harvard
Andy Romans Sr. LB Lafayette
Bobby Abare Sr. LB Yale
Josh Jennings Jr. LB Massachusetts
Andrew Berry Sr. DB Harvard
Dave Casale Jr. DB Albany
Courtney Robinson Sr. DB Massachusetts
Marcus Haywood Sr. DB James Madison

Special Teams

Andrew Samson So. K Pennsylvania
Brett Arnold Sr. P Massachusetts
Scotty McGee Jr. RS James Madison

DTSpider
January 9th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Surprised that there are not any Richmond guys on this list (McCracken, Sidbury)

Tribe4SF
January 9th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Surprised that there are not any Richmond guys on this list (McCracken, Sidbury)

Simple explanation is that UR is not a member of the ECAC.

http://www.ecac.org/membership/division_I/index

DTSpider
January 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Weird...how is UR not a member looking at the other schools that are? Not to mention that UR was part of the brief ECAC basketball conference.

UNHFan
January 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Yup! proves time and time again! Football is the ultimate team sport!

You guys deserve all the best! I have watched your clips on the Richmond site ect....So proud of you guys!

I cant wait till the CAA and the other big FCS boys realize we have to play each other! With the Internet and CSN and other local cable outlets FCS football will learn soon. I hope! Delaware vs Montana, South Dak St vs Furman, GA Southern vs Texas St, UNH vs App (At APP of course) My Point is lets make our games more important! As a UNH Fan I would rather drive to App State for a game and truly get into it then playing..Ball St, ect...or West Mich ect. Sorry I know I am accused of being a retard...But my passion for FCS is pure! Lets keep it going! Though I am anxiously waiting for UNH's FBS game for 2009 ( I have not missed one yet)I truly wish our big game was. Montana, Cal Poly ect.. just thought! We need to respect what we have and screw BCS!

UNHFan
January 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Sorry for all the typo's and I meant FBS not BCS we have zip to do with the BCS :)

Redwyn
January 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
No mention of Ed Gowins, the Sporting News FCS Rookie of the Year?

Eight Legger
January 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I claim ignorance of what purpose the ECAC currently serves. It seems like it's no different than if I put together a "conference" of schools in South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia and called it the Dixie League and just ranked teams that are officially part of other conferences.

It also makes no sense that Richmond is not part of the "league", yet was named FCS champions by the ECAC at the same time. What gives? And what is the point?