Sat, Oct 17 Western Carolina * at Cullowhee, N.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 24 Furman (Parents Day) * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 31 Samford * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Wofford (Homecoming) * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 14 Chattanooga * at Chattanooga, Tenn. TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Georgia Southern * at Statesboro, Ga. TBA

proasu89
January 8th, 2009, 11:09 PM
That first game will look like the Blue/White scrimmage.

elon77
January 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=catamount man;1278607]Date Opponent Location Time (ET) Results Media
Sat, Sep 05 North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA

Sat, Sep 19 Princeton at Princeton, N.J. TBA

Sat, Sep 26 Presbyterian Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 03 Appalachian State * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 10 Elon * at Elon, N.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 17 Western Carolina * at Cullowhee, N.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 24 Furman (Parents Day) * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 31 Samford * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Wofford (Homecoming) * Johnson Hagood Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 14 Chattanooga * at Chattanooga, Tenn. TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Georgia Southern * at Statesboro, Ga. TBA[/QUO

Will the Sept. 19 game be the battle of the bands?

CID1990
January 9th, 2009, 08:44 AM
That first game will look like the Blue/White scrimmage.

An extremely mismatched Blue-White scrimmage, at that.

UNC has a history of playing down to FCS teams, but I don't think the Tarheels are going to have to worry much next year. They are going to be just too darn talented. They might well be ACC champs next year.

All this being said, I am glad that we are playing just one FBS team in 2009. I am also glad it is against my family's favorite school, and just 30 minutes from my childhood home. Tailgate at CID1990's house!!

proasu89
January 9th, 2009, 09:22 AM
An extremely mismatched Blue-White scrimmage, at that.

UNC has a history of playing down to FCS teams, but I don't think the Tarheels are going to have to worry much next year. They are going to be just too darn talented. They might well be ACC champs next year.

All this being said, I am glad that we are playing just one FBS team in 2009. I am also glad it is against my family's favorite school, and just 30 minutes from my childhood home. Tailgate at CID1990's house!!

Good luck and we'll be pulling for you while we're trying to take care of the purple scalawags in Greenville.xthumbsupx

WOCO
January 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Wofford for homecoming? Ouch!

T-Dog
January 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Must bring back good memories for the Dins. :D

apaladin
January 9th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Must bring back good memories for the Dins. :D

Aah, yes it does!! 28-3 and over 500 yds of offense against a defense that was anchored by 2 future all-pros(Peppers and Sims). The only reason they scored that day is the Paladins fumbled on about their own 20 and the Heels had a 5 yd. drive for a FG. I never will forget Tar Heel announcer Woody Durham, say "this is no fluke, the Tar Heels are being out athleted!" Yes, good memories indeed.

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 9th, 2009, 08:03 PM
The first half and second half of The Citadel's conference schedule seems to be shuffled from what it was for '08. I don't think GSU has ever played The Citadel that late in the season. Is everyone in the SoCon going to have their conference schedule mixed up a bit? I guess Appy complained about having to play all of the best teams in one stretch.

Reign of Terrier
January 9th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Wofford for homecoming? Ouch!

Yeah, they're supposed to schedule a team they know they can beat (for sure)

Ivytalk
January 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
So now the Knobs come to Princeton! Lock up the women and hide the good silver.:p

CID1990
January 10th, 2009, 02:56 AM
So now the Knobs come to Princeton! Lock up the women and hide the good silver.:p

Outside at the tailgate look for the garrison-sized battle flag. You will find Citdog and I drinking malt whiskies under it.

T-Dog
January 10th, 2009, 05:39 AM

Also make sure to warn the liberals and disguise the scramble band. :D

blueballs
January 10th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Looks like 4-7 to me...

ngineer
January 10th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I think Lehigh as a bye on the 19th---so I might try and get over there and see the action---most of it likely at halftime!!;)

seantaylor
January 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM
3-8 for El Chit. No talent on that team outside of the little WR.

Hate the CAA
January 11th, 2009, 07:32 AM
3-8 for El Chit. No talent on that team outside of the little WR.

Thats funny considering it only took Georgia Southern 3 OT's to pull out the win. Times..xsmiley_wix

eaglesrthe1
January 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM

You don't have to worry about the ladies.xrolleyesx

CID1990
January 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM
You don't have to worry about the ladies.xrolleyesx

He was referring to females of the species with all their teeth and clean snappers. Not those knuckle draggers you might be used to down in Pooler.

Woof
January 12th, 2009, 01:56 PM
In game #2, I'll take the Dogs over the PU Scramble Band, but it may come down to the kicking xlolx xlolx

Biff
January 12th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Looks like 4-7 to me...

I would say this is worst case scenario. This year will be the first year we are returning almost the entire knob class for there sophmore year. Before that, Higgins was losing half his recruits. Ah, the troubles of recruiting at a Military College.

We have a WR from the 07 team returning that sat out 08 due to injury. We will be loaded at running back, but young. We redshirted a few OL players and we are young in most other positions (GSU understands that feeling). Next year is a question, but I think you will see improvement. Will that translate to more wins? I don't know.

MylesKnight
January 14th, 2009, 05:13 AM
When is the Military Classic of the South coming back?

Biff
January 14th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Samford really did a number on that game. We only have three OOC games and with one of those a money game with a FBS school that leave two games left. Hard to keep scheduled each year. Charleston Southern wants games with us as well. So a VMI game and CSU game would lock in our schedule too much and not allow games like Princeton or some other matchups against some of the other conferences.

I think VMI is the one pushing to postpone. They are looking to build there program back up. I could be wrong, but that was the rumor after the butt whooping VMI got the last time we played.

89Hen
January 14th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Only one I-A game. xthumbsupx