Furman
Georgia Southern
Richmond
Montana
Texas St.
Southern Illinois
Youngstown St.
Cal Poly

I won't even try to figure out who would get home games, etc.

And before umassfan gets pissed, I just think this is how things will go. Needed to beat Hofstra I think to get in, now that you have four losses, no matter how good the teams were.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 11:21 PM
:nod: I agree with blur2005 on his field of 16.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Well, here are the 16 I believe should be in the playoffs:
Youngstown St.

I sure hope to God you are right about YSU. I am scared Lehigh and Lafayette may get a better look over us.... But otherwise I got the same bracket as you.

SpiritCymbal
November 19th, 2005, 11:23 PM
That's how I see it happening as well.

Home games go to:

New Hampshire
Appalachian St.
Furman
Hampton
Georgia Southern
Montana
Northern Iowa
Texas St.

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 11:26 PM
And before umassfan gets pissed, I just think this is how things will go. Needed to beat Hofstra I think to get in, now that you have four losses, no matter how good the teams were.

Don't worry, he's already conceeded.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I sure hope to God you are right about YSU. I am scared Lehigh and Lafayette may get a better look over us.... But otherwise I got the same bracket as you.

YSU should be in, and the dismantling of WKU in the final game might be what pushes them over the top. Also, geography and attendance is on YSU's side. They might be the last team in, but they still have a shot at hosting IMHO. The field is already heavy w/ east and south teams. An Ohio team would balance the board at least a little.

hawkineer
November 19th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Lehigh does not deserve it. Last year, they had an argument at 9-2. At 8-3 and two losses in their own league, it would be a crime if they got in. I really don't think YSU has much to worry about.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:33 PM
YSU should be in, and the dismantling of WKU in the final game might be what pushes them over the top. Also, geography and attendance is on YSU's side. They might be the last team in, but they still have a shot at hosting IMHO. The field is already heavy w/ east and south teams. An Ohio team would balance the board at least a little.
I doubt we host.. Every news person including the Radio Voice of the Penguins who is sports director on 33 WYTV Says we will be away without a doubt and on Penguin Gameday today the ASST. Gateway Commissioner thinks YSU plays a A-10 School AWAY.

Ya wins again Slippery Rock-NE-Liberty-Indiana State may not be impressive. But the others should help us..

Lehigh does not deserve it. Last year, they had an argument at 9-2. At 8-3 and two losses in their own league, it would be a crime if they got in. I really don't think YSU has much to worry about.
1996 8-3 no playoffs 2 D2 Wins
2001 8-3 no playoffs 2 D3 Wins
Home Attendance Averages over 2,000 more than this year.

GO GUINS

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2005, 11:34 PM
FWIW, here's my 8 at-large picks:

Montana
Georgia Southern
Furman
Texas St.
Southern Illinois
Youngstown St.
Richmond
Cal Poly

Same as blur's. Personally if Lehigh and Lafayette make it in over Y'Town and Cal Poly, I could very well be the happiest man alive tomorrow. Hell, if Lehigh makes it in over Y'Town OR Cal Poly I'd be the happiest man alive tomorrow. But I don't think so on either count.

It depends what those I-AA playoff committee members think of Y'Town, Lehigh, Lafayette and Cal Poly. But I think Y'Town is in because one number you can't ignore is that 22,000 fans at your home games. Lehigh had great attendance, but not 22,000 great.

Good luck tomorrow.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 11:35 PM
I doubt we host.. Every news person including the Radio Voice of the Penguins who is sports director on 33 WYTV Says we will be away without a doubt and on Penguin Gameday today the ASST. Gateway Commissioner thinks YSU plays a A-10 School AWAY.

Ya wins again Slippery Rock-NE-Liberty-Indiana State may not be impressive. But the others should help us..

GO GUINS

I'm still convinced that YSU gets a first round home game. The NCAA values money over all else. YSU draws a large crowd.

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2005, 11:36 PM
FWIW, here's my 8 at-large picks:

Montana
Georgia Southern
Furman
Texas St.
Southern Illinois
Youngstown St.
Richmond
Cal Poly

Same as blur's. Personally if Lehigh and Lafayette make it in over Y'Town and Cal Poly, I could very well be the happiest man alive tomorrow. Hell, if Lehigh makes it in over Y'Town OR Cal Poly I'd be the happiest man alive tomorrow. But I don't think so on either count.

It depends what those I-AA playoff committee members think of Y'Town, Lehigh, Lafayette and Cal Poly. But I think Y'Town is in because one number you can't ignore is that 22,000 fans at your home games. Lehigh had great attendance, but not 22,000 great.

Good luck tomorrow.

someone pointed out that Richmond and Lafayette have the same record and Laff beat richmond and that laff should get in instead of richmond, thats prolly the only argument that would get Laff in and thats not a likely one.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Again Man..
In 2001 and 1996 we averaged well over 2,000 more in attendance and we didn't even get a playoff spot.. How do you beleive 14,500 and not 22,000 will get us a spot.

BTW: We'd get 21,000 at a playoff game; and its SNOW on Saturday.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Again Man..
In 2001 and 1996 we averaged well over 2,000 more in attendance and we didn't even get a playoff spot.. How do you beleive 14,500 and not 22,000 will get us a spot.

BTW: We'd get 21,000 at a playoff game; and its SNOW on Saturday.

Well, you won't get 21,000 for a playoff game Thanksgiving weekend, however, your attendance is still very high compared to other at-large contenders. YSU is in, and has a very good shot at a home game.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well, you won't get 21,000 for a playoff game Thanksgiving weekend, however, your attendance is still very high compared to other at-large contenders. YSU is in, and has a very good shot at a home game.
LOL. A ton of people are in town for Thanksgiving and I would bet about 25 of my family from out of town will go to a YSU Game. They always did back in the 90s and lemme remind you; those were FREEZING.. 32 Degrees isn't that bad..I'd say we'd get 21,000 with ease that game but we aren't hosting so I may as well set up the house Saturday for some people to watch football..

hawkineer
November 19th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Personally if Lehigh and Lafayette make it in over Y'Town and Cal Poly, I could very well be the happiest man alive tomorrow. Hell, if Lehigh makes it in over Y'Town OR Cal Poly I'd be the happiest man alive tomorrow. But I don't think so on either count.

They ought to prevent you having anything to do with 1-AA.org. You have obviously no interest in the integrity of the playoffs if you feel this way. If Lehigh gets in over Cal Poly or YSU, then it proves that the selection process is a truly sham.

Eagle22
November 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I have the same 16 as those in the original post ....

For my projected bracket, do the link:

http://www.tscsports.com/news/publish/article_4116.shtml

As for my projected #2 and #3 seeds, I think they could be swapped around with little fanfare.

blur2005
November 20th, 2005, 01:39 AM
I have the same 16 as those in the original post ....

For my projected bracket, do the link:

http://www.tscsports.com/news/publish/article_4116.shtml

As for my projected #2 and #3 seeds, I think they could be swapped around with little fanfare.
Your braket set up seems pretty plausible, though I'm still unsure if Texas St. will get a seed. They might just because of the geography of things, but anyway, guess we'll find out tomorrow.