PDA

View Full Version : DSU now accepting applications for AD job

DSUrocks07
January 7th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Delaware State University Athletic Director Job Posting (http://www.bluefishjobs.com/jobdetail.cfm?job=3046340)

The required qualifications for this position include a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Experience in sports administration or a relevant field with 10 years progressively responsible experience; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, proven ability in strategic planning; public relations skills; knowledge of higher education issues; and a proven ability to provide leadership and direction. The successful candidate must have a proven record of accomplishments in planning, developing and maintaining departmental budgets. Desired qualifications include knowledge of Mid Eastern Athletic Conference rules and regulations.

Applicants should familiarize themselves with the Mission Statement and strategic plan for the University, which should be reflected in their expressed interest and ability to serve as Athletic Director. Applicants which do not respond thoroughly to the mission will not be considered.

Review of the applications will begin January 20, 2009 and will continue until a new Athletic Director is selected.

If only I had my Bachelor's xsmhx

I am only a few credits away from getting my Associate's degree in BA. But I doubt that DSU will bring me in in a Jason Garrett-type situation. xlolx

DSUrocks07
January 8th, 2009, 07:20 AM
We spend more money on athletics than any other MEAC school, but the results aren't what you would think that they would be. We need someone who has the drive to always want to move forward and not to rest on past success. We also need someone who has the knowledge to promote the programs to the local community and stimulate some fan support, of which we are severely lack right now.

89Hen
January 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I just submitted my application. xthumbsupx

813Jag
January 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I know an AD in Baton Rouge who would be great for the job. xlolx

henfan
January 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
With all of the power struggle going on at DSU and without a permanent CEO in place, any AD in their right mind would be crazy to apply for this job right now, unless they are just looking for a 'resume-builder'.

Hope DSU gets things get squared away soon, both with a CEO & AD.

DSUrocks07
January 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
With all of the power struggle going on at DSU and without a permanent CEO in place, any AD in their right mind would be crazy to apply for this job right now, unless they are just looking for a 'resume-builder'.

Hope DSU gets things get squared away soon, both with a CEO & AD.

Wouldn't the more appropriate title be Senior Vice President of Athletic Operations? xlolx

LacesOut
January 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Good luck in the search, DSU.

It'd be nice to see that specific situation in Dover stabilized to some degree.

DSUrocks07
January 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks LO, I realize that the MEAC is not a "destination job" and that we are viewed more often than not as a "resume-builder", but one thing I hope for is that whoever does end up becoming our AD will install a system in place that will allow his/her successors to also succeed in the job and help bring Delaware State University Athletics to the regional power that I believe that we can be.

henfan
January 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks LO, I realize that the MEAC is not a "destination job" and that we are viewed more often than not as a "resume-builder", but one thing I hope for is that whoever does end up becoming our AD will install a system in place that will allow his/her successors to also succeed in the job and help bring Delaware State University Athletics to the regional power that I believe that we can be.

IMO, DSU has so much potential it's almost unbelievable- academically and athletically.

Alas, as with much of the university's business, the AD is held hostage by a group of squeeky wheels who support nothing better than the same ol' same ol'. Sad and incredibly unfortunate at a time when DSU has an opportunity to become THE state university to which many more Delaware students could consider.xsmhx