PDA

View Full Version : "FCS teams..." local letter to the editor

The Older Gentleman
January 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Great letter to the editor in todays Greenville Snooze. They gave more ink to the FCS in this letter than they usually do in the sports page. :( Surprised they printed it seeing as we're in the center of Tiger and Gamecock land.

FCS teams playing their best ever

The entire state of South Carolina was recently embarrassed by the sorry spectacle of our BCS (formerly 1-A) state football teams (Clemson and USC).

I encourage football fans across our state who want to support exciting and meaningful football to begin attending football games at our state FCS (formerly 1-AA) schools. Furman, Wofford, South Carolina State and Coastal Carolina are playing the best football our state has to offer. The Citadel still has a little work to do. All of these schools have players playing professional football, and all of them have an outstanding history of postseason play.

Our FCS schools are chock full of hometown heroes. These student athletes play because they truly love the game, and their enthusiasm is apparent. They never quit.

If football fans across the state want to watch coaches and teams that give fans their money's worth, they will start supporting the Paladins, the Terriers, the Bulldogs and the Chanticleers.

CSUBUCDAD
January 7th, 2009, 07:54 AM
The once again conveniently omit Chuck South from any mention.

appfan2008
January 7th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I was gonna say the same thing buc dad... no respect...

93henfan
January 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM
The Citadel still has a little work to do.

Apparently Citdog did not compose this letter to the editor.xlolx

appfan2008
January 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM

no... but lets face it... its true!

appmaj
January 7th, 2009, 08:29 AM

It would be in ALL CAPS if he did.

yosef1969
January 7th, 2009, 11:48 AM
The once again conveniently omit Chuck South from any mention.

Don't feel too bad, no love for Presby either.

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I would guess the author was mentioning good teams with post season history and NFL players.

catamount man
January 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I was reading it while eating my oatmeal and couldn't believe that they printed it. I think the letter writer was from Fountain Inn, SC. Good show sir!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

smallcollegefbfan
January 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Great letter to the editor in todays Greenville Snooze. They gave more ink to the FCS in this letter than they usually do in the sports page. :( Surprised they printed it seeing as we're in the center of Tiger and Gamecock land.

FCS teams playing their best ever

The entire state of South Carolina was recently embarrassed by the sorry spectacle of our BCS (formerly 1-A) state football teams (Clemson and USC).

I encourage football fans across our state who want to support exciting and meaningful football to begin attending football games at our state FCS (formerly 1-AA) schools. Furman, Wofford, South Carolina State and Coastal Carolina are playing the best football our state has to offer. The Citadel still has a little work to do. All of these schools have players playing professional football, and all of them have an outstanding history of postseason play.

Our FCS schools are chock full of hometown heroes. These student athletes play because they truly love the game, and their enthusiasm is apparent. They never quit.

If football fans across the state want to watch coaches and teams that give fans their money's worth, they will start supporting the Paladins, the Terriers, the Bulldogs and the Chanticleers.

The only way for those teams to get respect is to beat South Carolina or Clemson and only Wofford has come close but still not yet done it. You see the respect App State has with national recruiting, ESPN, and media? David has to beat Goliath before he gets the respect he wants.

South Carolina State and Citadel both were creamed by Clemson and Wofford lost to South Carolina. Making this claim makes me think you believe either of those teams could beat the FBS teams and we all know that is far from true.

I will give you an example. If James Madison plays Clemson and loses by 20 but Liberty plays Glenville State and wins by 40 then that person would define Liberty as playing better ball? The only reason the paper printed that letter was because they needed a good laugh. I will be the first to stand up for small schools but I am also not delusional and know that the best talent in SC is at South Carolina and Clemson with 5-8 players who have the ability to start for either team scattered among the FCS schools each year.